3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yariko okami 18.03.22 12:09 am

If humanity teaches robots to fight, then...

If humanity teaches robots to fight, then there will be no need for humanity.

What do you think? Science fiction writers on this topic have already made many stories, and almost always in them humanity almost or close comes to an end. Now, in the 21st century, AI and robots are in trend. Should mankind teach robots the worst nature of mankind?
32 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 18.03.22

MunchkiN 616
about energy efficiency and other things - a thermonuclear reactor will solve all the problems of tin cans. But the victory will still be for leather bags.

Although who am I really kidding - a couple of nukes and hello, a new Cretaceous period.

01001000 01101001 18.03.22

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
but I think it is possible because step-down transformers are provided for the districts and I watch quite a lot of them and they are also made in modern buildings
NO! 1. If we consider from the point of view of the city - there are so many filling stations built so that there are no queues, conditionally 6 pieces per district, but as many as 30 chargers are needed so that there are no queues. And if in the West it is actively developing, even from Tesla's point of view, there are already more than 39,000 superchargers. 2. There is NOT A SINGLE house in Europe without underground parking. What I was talking about. They don't think about infrastructure at all here. 3. In order to charge an electric car, you need POWER. That is why the charging cables are so large in size - they are equipped with a cooling system. Those. This is based on efficiency and megawatts of electricity. 10 cars - 1 megawatt, while if everyone switches to electric cars, then consumption will increase by 4%. Here is the trick. Guess there aren't enough places. I do not see any positive changes at all, even in new buildings. There should be a column (charging station) near each parking place, or at least the possibility of organizing it. And now go out into the yard, and say - in a chaotic arrangement of cars, literally in every crack, this is generally real. I think no. Because there are no parking lots. And each place will have to be assigned to the owner, sold, or at least marked, which is unacceptable. In short, complete collapse.
In addition, in order for electric cars to become widespread in the Russian Federation (we can’t do anything of our own, including failed processors, which I obviously spoke about many times) - cancel duties, VAT, companies invest not in the localization of production in Russia, but in the charging infrastructure ( will be done by those who sell cars). Well, to change the policy of the managers that they are trying to drive into the bus, and there is nothing good in this. Today I again rolled in a crowded car, and yesterday, as before ...
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
modern autopilots will most likely have enough modern good roads
So again, let's be honest. Yes, in the Russian Federation there is no need to worry about this, there are only directions here. There is a problem with the signs, especially the markings, the roads are in a terrible state. If in the West such machines pay off for as long as 100 years. It is unlikely that in the near future they will be transferred en masse. With regards to the autopilot, it is worth considering active interaction with drivers, because the numbers are the same, and the understanding that the car is catching up with you in the left lane, and that you should not change lanes, even if there is room to maneuver, is, as it were, by itself. But try to explain it to the robot. Although, all these things will be brought to mind for a long time, and how to teach. But the rest, you interestingly noticed, teach the car to navigate through the cameras. I think that now only the topic of electric cars will be introduced, and autopilots will remain later.
And as for capitalism, we would like to see it first, the joke is good - private property, legal equality and freedom of enterprise (we do not have this, unfortunately).

S
Sweety_Mustard 18.03.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
As for capitalism, we should see it first, the joke is good - private property, legal equality and freedom of enterprise (we do not have this, unfortunately)
And where is it? And how does this apply to leather bags and tins ;C

M
MunchkiN 616 18.03.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
In order to charge an electric car, you need POWER. That is why the charging cables are so large in size - they are equipped with a cooling system.
electric cars can be charged from the socket on average by 2-3kv formally at any power but for a long time. the most normal thing to rationally close up for 5kv. along a typical Soviet house, a 5-storey house with 5 entrances, we will assume that these are 75 apartments, you can stretch a parking lot for 30 cars. if you demolish absolutely everything so that there are no trees and there is one concrete canvas from home to home or to a school or kindergarten, you can expand the parking lot to somewhere up to 50 cars. if you do not cost vertical parking.
for power up to 5 kV, no special wires are required per parking place. the capacity of the charged cars left for the night will be from 150 to 250 sq. for the transformer box for distributing voltage in the parking lot, air cooling is most likely needed. I did not find how much in reality the power of Soviet development was. in general, the situation is such that the power of the electric wire of light and all kinds of refrigerators has fallen by almost 2 times, but all sorts of consumers such as kettles and microwaves have appeared that give a high peak load and there are actual daily peak loads. therefore, it is difficult to say if some area built in the 70-80s will knock out traffic jams at the electrical substation, figuratively speaking. perhaps the city will have to start up additional lines of lep.
formally, now I have already seen some craftsmen lower their cord from somewhere and it either hangs on a tree or there is a booth with an outlet for a dead battery, probably. with electric cars, there will probably be more such connections and all sorts of services will prevent this, both from the installation of garage cars in the yards and all kinds of shells.
gas stations that can charge a car relatively quickly in 30 minutes or an hour is another story, but it will be something specialized, it will not be for every car.
so that by the onset of the atomic age, I think the infrastructure can more or less be prepared.
another issue is the issue of practicality. but it seems that gradually the reserves of carbon energy will be gradually depleted and it will be more practical to use oil for petrochemistry, and the price of various fuels will increase. and rigid-hull cargo airships will return here, peck-peck.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

Then all resources and financial allocations will be spent on the production of such robots, and ordinary citizens will die out, since they will be replaced everywhere and in everything

S
Sweety_Mustard 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
There is a film that clearly demonstrates one of the scenarios - "Strangers Among Us". Just show the necessary footage on the news channels. Those who don’t watch the news will be even easier to take, because stuffing in social networks from the category “robots bring freedom, capitalism and democracy to the world” won’t even need proofs)

Control over the media will allow tin cans to kill millions of leather bags around the world - but those who have not yet been reached will praise and glorify the victories and achievements of the robots.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

Sweety_Mustard
People will kill each other themselves due to lack of food and water. Because they will have to leave work, where robots can replace
them. tenacious and energetic

S
Sweety_Mustard 18.03.22

Denis Kyokushin
no, the scenario there is quite realistic. Not marvel short.
The lack of food and water is leveled by the reduction and redeployment of the population.
Here the question is precisely how easy it will be for tin cans to lure leather ones to their side.

D
Dakini 18.03.22

Humanity cannot teach each other anything, but you sing about robots.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.03.22

Sweety_Mustard
Why poach?

y
yariko ookami 26.03.22

Sweety_Mustard
Well, "silicon" brains also have their own digital-viral weapons. So humanity can also release a virus for a conditional "Skynet" and thereby render the raging "iron" unusable. The only question here is who will be the first to create the right tool. But it’s better, of course, not to bring it to this, therefore the answer to this question will be that combat robots cannot be created.

A
A.Soldier of Light 24.05.22

yariko ookami wrote:
If humanity teaches robots how to fight, then there will be no need for humanity.
Why such a conclusion? Robots must be delivered to the front of hostilities, then set up, plus possible repairs and other maintenance. Will robots do this too? ) What kind of future are we talking about? 2030? I don’t see such a reality in it, when 100% of all operations / actions in wars are directly carried out by robots without human intervention. In any case, decisions are made by a person: the commander. Colonel, general, not the point. The operational situation on the battlefield is not determined by a robot and will not be determined by a robot for a long, long time. Well, etc.
Robots already exist, but the problem is that a military robot is given the right to determine the target for destruction, and we are clearly not talking about an automated air defense system, we are talking about full automation. Tanks, artillery, shooting, grenades, mines, etc. If the enemy is living people, and you give the robots the right to decide who and how to kill, then the question of the usefulness of the choice and responsibility in case of mistakes arises. This topic is not only military (military science), not just technical, but also very much related to philosophy, morality and ethics.

requiemmm wrote:
Males are bred for breeding, after which they are destroyed, the queen can also be killed at any time, as well as a new one is grown ...
Yes, bee compassion is a direct standard ^_^

requiemmm wrote:
On what does the superiority of man over the machine rest? On intellect? But an autonomous robot equipped with self-learning AI could, in principle, be smarter than the majority of the world's population. On strength? Colt proved a long time ago that this is not the case. On creativity? And are there many creators among people even at the most basic level?
Robots are created by people, people also write the code. As well as setting goals for the action and making decisions about stopping the robot. The Colt is held in the hand by a person, not a robot. And creativity for a robot is just the algorithms by which it acts: the robot receives the task of drawing something and does it, the robot itself does not invent from nothing. In addition, it is in talent, as you rightly pointed out, that a small part of the planet's population is the essence of creativity: it is not available to everyone at a high level (anyone is capable of just painting all sorts of nonsense on the wall). If robots can easily paint a beautiful picture, what will be its value? )) What determines the value of a written masterpiece? Well, what? If all people could suddenly paint at the level of great artists, what would be the value of each of these works? This is precisely what determines the value of robot creativity as "
What I just painted for you, you know? This is a view from a different angle: the definition of the value of creativity, based on factors that are important for creativity itself. Just think about what exactly the paintings of the masters are valued for.

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
cooperation is an evolutionarily acquired form of behavior, necessary for the existence of civilization, so it is also in animals, because among the higher vertebrates between species
Between species? Interesting. How about examples?

Sweety_Mustard wrote:
And I don't see how he's supposed to get in the way - like pity for ooty-way little robots?
Well, I feel sorry for the broken toy, even someone else's. This is also probably evolution 8)