3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dmitry Dianov 18.03.22 12:09 am

Tell us about your choice of weapons. (Elden Ring)

Guys, hello. Please tell us about your choice of weapons. As soon as I had the strength to cope with the guardian of the tree, I looted a golden halberd from it and pumped it up to +6. Haven't found anything better yet. Godric's Ax +6 damage is not even close.
27 Comments
Sort by:
S
Samson48 18.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
Chel, according to the experience of the DS, but without going through the Ring yet, I can say that he solves two things, this is sharpening and pumping (not taking into account nerds with fists), all weapons plus and minus are the same, the main thing is what you like, with any it goes about the same, except that with two-handers you have to pick on the patterns of the bosses and somersault in time. While the feeling is like this, one-handers cut, and two-handers buffed, especially noticeable in the camp of mobs.

n
nighthawkreal 18.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
Not a weapon makes a hero. )

W
Wing42 18.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
In PvE, heavy weapons show themselves perfectly, but in PvP they are as useless as possible, since stunlocks from two-handed and super-heavy guns do not work in the game, which is very bad.
I play with a zweihander myself, so I know what I'm talking about.

a
azazello777 18.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
Xs she has damage through 2 resistances + scaling is not the best. I would take either ugs (only with physical damage) or great hammer (only with physical damage) with max scaling from 1 stat + have a sword and shield on light and fast mobs. Ugs and hammer because they deal max balance damage => everyone will be stunned by a jump hit the fastest.

D
Dmitry Dianov 18.03.22

azazello777
I'm here undertook to grind a sword with a hybrid blade. Seems pretty nice so far. As for resistances, logically yes, but in fact the halberd damages the most. At least it seems so. Maybe already used to it. I've been running with her since level 20. This is how I felt in the first ds, most of the game went with a morning star stuck in the light. Although I found an utinatan here, I liked the moveset. I will download.

O
Oleg Chaus 18.03.22

I run with the Fang of the Bloodhound +6, I like it very much and the moveset is interesting, with my strike with a jump back and a repeated strike through invis

D
Dmitry Dianov 18.03.22

Oleg Chaus
Yes, I also paid attention to him. Also bleeding.

n
nighthawkreal 18.03.22

I have seven different characters now, each with their own weapons or magic, and each more or less manages difficulties, although some points are more difficult for different builds.

G
GillesDeVanz 18.03.22

I’m still running with Roger’s rapier) I screwed up the build a little and I can’t wear what I’m interested in)

D
Dmitry Dianov 18.03.22

GillesDeVanz
so remap)

N
Nerzulg 18.03.22

2 nagakibs (with seppuku ashes) fully pumped, everything that is not stone or undead dies in a couple of seconds (including bosses)

A
AndralStormborn 18.03.22

Well, almost at the very beginning, I found such a large sword for myself somewhere, and something after it, another weapon does not enter - it is quite fast and convenient, you can make good stabbing blows from under the block with a shield. It is quite convenient and safe to play with it. Similar rapiers and other skewers are also good.
But all sorts of chopping, especially clumsy two-handers are not always convenient, because they reveal protection, and the enemies here are quite nimble.
Although he finally reached the turtle, knocking out the prayer book of the dragon slayer along the way and there he finally bought a convenient spell similar to the Spear of the Sun in DS3. It's called Thunder Spear here.
And before that, you had to run only with a staff and a Brilliant Arc in order to shoot at a distance - also a fairly convenient and effective spell and you can buy it almost at the beginning. It is convenient for them to quickly clean up crowds of small things. Yes, and for one large target, the damage is normal.

N
Nickkeyy 18.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
I chose the "Samurai" class, but not because my build will be sharpened for dexterity, but the armor was beautiful)
Well, according to the old souls tradition, I wanted to complete the game on a huge sword (or with a large ax, hammer, a- for the ax of the dragon slayer). I found an army two-hander near Storm Veil Castle, and decided to walk around with it for now. Naturally, I considered this sword to be deliberately temporary, since it does not fit a giant weapon in any way: neither damage nor speed of impact; everything is average - and that's why I don't like ordinary two-handed swords. Just neither fish nor meat, but this is the only thing I had.
In the castle itself, Margit trampled me, I thought it was too early for me to go to him, and even then, I didn’t study the Graveyard very well and didn’t even find the dungeons - well, left, che)
Further, somehow, I ended up in a high-level red location (Kalid), it was very unfriendly in appearance, and the mobs practically killed me, but I decided to wander there. I found a couple of wagons with chests, quietly approached one and opened it - my happiness knew no bounds, I found a two-handed sword, such a huge drin, Guts's stupid sword - that's what you need. I went through the whole second dark souls the same way.
I couldn’t lift it, so I only pumped strength further. And when I raised this sword, I defeated the entire graveyard (and the weeping island) and defeated the location boss, Godric.

Well, here's another joke, after Godric I didn't notice the passage to the next part of the map, to Liurnia, and went on to explore Caelid. It was a mistake, but I only noticed it when I had already defeated the bastard warrior and the crucible knight in the castle of the red mane and did not know how to get to Radan. 70% of Kalida passed with +6 enchant. Norm.

What is funny about such weapons is the feeling. It's one of the few ways to feel tough as a boss, when your every hit shakes the ground and stuns almost every mob
. It's very convenient to fight with a crowd, because my hits hit 3-4 mobs and they all scatter in sync.
In the Elden ring, this is a separate pleasure, because I stun the bosses 3 times in a fight and make a crit. When I hit them with a skill, they become, it's really worth it.
This will not happen with a rapier)

K
Kostet12 18.03.22

Colossal greatsword (power build, the highest damage among all swords) + hunting for a giant, one-shot of all living things, and for pvp - sumpo!

A
AndralStormborn 18.03.22

Nickkeyy
You shouldn't be talking about rapiers. At first, I ran with rapiers and swords for a very long time, because they very conveniently and safely allow you to plug everyone from under the block with a shield. And now I carry a hefty sword knocked out of a Leather Aristocrat or whatever it is. I use Frost Stomp on them.
And yes, the impact here is well felt from all weapons, how huge you shake the ground coolly, and with a rapier it is well felt when you kill with accurate stabbing blows.
Of the huge ones, I also liked such a shaft as from the Beast of the Star, there is a cool Lightning Gravity skill.
Another such fun knocked out a huge one, such as an ax, but the wheel is like that of iron maidens and they can clamp the skill of sawing like a chainsaw, mocking enemies.
Also, from the latter, I knocked out a two-hander under the capital in the dungeon, which creates a shock light wave with the skill, and what’s good is that when you charge this skill, they can hardly be knocked down and interfered with.
And from the huge gargoyle that is near the temple where the beast-changer sits, the two-handed gargoyle will fall out, beautiful and his skill hits the ground with a red beam for some distance.

But, all the same, I don’t really like these clumsy two-handers and shafts, they are very slow with them, you need to be very careful, especially on bosses, so as not to catch a splash while you swing.

n
nighthawkreal 18.03.22

AndralStormborn
Something Daga has become very slow. nothing really to parry her.

G
GillesDeVanz 18.03.22

The first time I passed with a lusat staff and magic) Ng + passed with miracles and a ginza wheel. The new walkthrough is purely melee while I run with two uchigatans)

D
Dmitry Dianov 26.03.22

Kostet12
"Giant Hunt" what kind of animal is this? I'm also looking at this sword for the time being. True, I clearly see an acute shortage of stones for sharpening (Did you sharpen it in heavy?

D
Dmitry Dianov 26.03.22

I dug up a super-large Cerberus staff. Sharpen darkness. The skill fires several projectiles at the enemy. A very pleasant thing, just get used to it. So far, the only replacement for the golden halberd for me.

A
AndralStormborn 26.03.22

Dmitry Dianov
Halberds here nothing. Just like other slow weapons.
It is more convenient here with stabbing, such as spears, rapiers and swords, to stab safely from under the block with a shield.
In general, all this is very realistic, believable and historical, in terms of the functionality of weapons in the game. Although of course not everywhere, the moveset is limited. Because with the same swords, in principle, it would also be possible to inflict stabbing blows from under the shield.