3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
shepppp12 18.03.22 03:49 pm

The video card is cut off\\drivers crash when starting Elden Ring. (Elden Ring)

I have a GTX 1650, and all possible games fly without problems, everything starts and works.
With Elden Ring, I observe a crash at the stage of character creation, after choosing his class.
The peculiarity is that after the crash, the video card literally turns off and you have to restart the PC, or the computer does not see it.
It's only with this game.
I have never seen anything like this, and third-party people have had this with other games, they write that I need to wait for a patch on my video card or something like that.

Will I be able to somehow fix the situation myself or should I expect a miracle from the developers?
19 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 18.03.22

shepppp12
fix fps at 60

k
kirsmith 18.03.22

I have a similar problem. i7-11700 (with integrated graphics) + GTX1660Ti. Task Manager shows 100% CPU usage and 1% (!!!) GPU usage. That is, the video card is not used at all. In Sekiro on the same configuration, respectively, 20% CPU and 60% GPU.
Tried different things - disabled i7 integrated graphics in UEFI (BIOS), conjured with NVIDIA control panel settings - no effect. At the very least, you can get to the character settings (where you enter the name), but then everything freezes.
Until I know what to do.

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

VETER15
is this done through the nvidia panel?

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

kirsmith
here too ...
there are people who run the game on weaker PCs and everything is ok

S
SonyK_2 18.03.22

shepppp12
shepppp12 wrote:
...is it done through the nvidia panel?
Yes, through it ...
Spoiler
..., or third-party programs:
Spoiler

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

SonyK_2
thanks

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

SonyK_2
did not help, also a crash at the stage of character creation

P
Pavel Rally 18.03.22

shepppp12
If the driver crashes, you can try the old driver. Pirate? if so, download another updated one today, for the sake of experiment, put low graphics settings and a borderless window. Windows updated?

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

Pavel Rally
1) I tried the old driver
2) Windows 10, the drivers for other components are in place
3) pirates, the license is revoked from the players
4) yesterday there was an update to support controllers and some fix not related to my problem
5) I tried low

P
Pavel Rally 18.03.22

shepppp12
I meant Windows 10 (21H2), I suggested a new pirate because the old one could have broken files.

s
shepppp12 18.03.22

Pavel Rally
ran the check via cmd, everything was OK,
and yes, even with broken files, I think other games would not work

z
zEmberg 26.03.22

Same AMD Rx 588

L
Lain Rain 03.04.22

I don’t know how to deal with crashes, but from my own experience I can say for sure that switching to “frameless windowed mode” saves drivers from crashing if the game crashes.

T
Tanya92 03.04.22

Guys I do not know where else to write. Literally today, such a problem arose, when completing a quest in a volcano estate, when I received the wolf armor and wanted to try it on, my game hung and automatically crashed. And then I can’t go through this quest, everything hangs in the estate. And the armor is never put on... What could be a bug? In other locations, everything seems to be fine, but somehow I'm worried ... When the game crashes, it doesn't give any errors

G
GamerLone 11.04.22

kirsmith
Same problem, same actions and zero result. On the first version of the game, everything went smoothly, but after updating to 1.3.2, the GPU refuses to start, I tried it on version 1.2.3 and it didn’t help. I didn’t want to search for and download the first one again, I decided to wait for the patch and watch it already there. Let me know if there is a solution

V
Vladimir Sheryakov 11.04.22

GamerLone
Turning on the swap file solved the problem for me.

s
shepppp12 11.05.22

GamerLone
put the second Windows (10 pro 21H2) and earned

s
shepppp12 11.05.22

zEmberg
read below, another Windows helped

s
shepppp12 11.05.22

kirsmith
installed the second Windows (10 pro 21H2), the game started working