3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
crypto92 18.03.22 05:53 pm

second special attack! (Elden Ring)

who did not know: special magic weapons have two special attacks (skills), or rather their variety!
to attack, we press 3 buttons, I have this: hold alt + pkm and then lm to strike with a skill.
but if at the moment of impact, release alt + pkm, that is, at the moment when the animation of the preparation of a special strike takes place and press LMB, an alternative (second version) of a special attack (skill)) will occur,
I just recently, purely by chance found out!) maybe it will come in handy for someone)
16 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Mahoney_ 18.03.22

kripto92
More details for the gamepad, please!

c
crypto92 18.03.22

_Mahoney_
as I understand it, to use the "skill" on the gamepad, we hold down LT + RT and press RB ... and that's when the "skill" animation starts when you press LT + RT, press LT + RT and press RB ... there will be a second ( alternate) weapon skill... checked on katana moon veil and sword of night and flame)

c
crypto92 18.03.22

If anyone is interested, I can make a video so that it can be clearly seen)

s
soulfox 18.03.22

kripto92
Lt+RB= 1 type of special attack. Light Strike Alternative
LT+RT= 2nd type of attack. An alternative to a hard hit.
There are no more attacks.

c
crypto92 18.03.22

soulfox
I xs how it is on the gamepad, maybe I wrote it wrong. now all the same, I’ll take a video and post it, it will be more clear) as I understand about the 2nd type of skill attack, few people know ...)

c
crypto92 18.03.22

soulfox
added a video, I think it will be more clear)

P
PhysxN 18.03.22

One-handed swords had this in DS3.
So soulfox is right
soulfox wrote:
Lt+RB= 1 kind of special attack. Light Strike Alternative
LT+RT= 2nd type of attack. An alternative to a hard hit.
There are no more attacks.

c
crypto92 18.03.22

PhysxN
added a video for a visual example)

A
Alex Hawk 18.03.22

I'm so shocked by the casual newcomers to games from fromes that I can't hold back the words. The person playing the keyboard decided that he had discovered a new type of attack, and even invented a perverted way to launch it for himself. No negative, but it looks like a video in the style of "it turns out the bottle can be opened, see how" (and opens the bottle with scissors, not by unscrewing the cap).
Everything is written in the description of the weapon. You don't need to "let go" anything, as the video says. The game has a "weak" and "strong" attack. When entering a stance (special attack) on a variety of weapons, there are two options for a special attack: it is either a weak attack or a strong attack. Sometimes there is only one option, sometimes in general, the launch occurs by pressing the "special attack" button. Sometimes you can continue the attack by pressing the "weak" or "strong" attacks, and sometimes the continuation is triggered by pressing the "special attack" button again. In short, all this is obvious as lifting the lid from the toilet for those who have played at least ds3, and again - everything is written in the description of the item.
example from description

c
crypto92 18.03.22

Alex Hawk
, I didn’t quite understand you ... it seems like the “skill” of a weapon is a new feature in ER and there was no such thing in souls ... besides, from the comments it’s clear that it’s not only I didn’t know)

A
Alex Hawk 18.03.22

kripto92
No, not new. One to one old, but here they called it the ashes of war and gave the opportunity to hang any on conventional weapons, but for special guns everything remained "fixed", which is logical in principle. But don't take it personally, it's my personal problem that I got burnt from such posts.
example from DS3

c
crypto92 18.03.22

I understand that these are keyboard + mouse control jokes ... well, at least I opened both skills with one button as much as possible)))

A
Alex Hawk 18.03.22

kripto92
Apparently the point is not in "one" button, but in the fact that "heavy" with the shift clamped is done, and releasing the shift - easy. I'm guessing that's the issue. I don’t know how it is on keyboards ... In DS3 it was like that.

e
ev8886 18.03.22

kripto92
yes no, I tried to play on the gamepad (now I play on the keyboard of the mouse) what is there that you press the skill button and one of two types of attack

e
ev8886 18.03.22

Alex Hawk
if you set up the controls, you will find out that all you need to do is to do either a light or a heavy attack

R
Remkop 12.09.22

Have you tried bloodhounds on the fang?