3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wing42 18.03.22 09:30 pm

Multiplayer in the game (Elden Ring)

Greetings Extinct! Welcome to Fun Fingers Fight Club!
I propose to discuss in this topic the impressions of the network part of Elden Ring, to share our observations regarding its changes and differences with respect to the previous creations of the Master.

From the first impressions, the network code of the game is still not ideal in terms of client synchronization (summoned allies and opponents can sometimes still move in small jerks, possibly due to server load), but it is still more responsive and adequately responds to the actions of all participants session, which does not cause situations of sudden physical damage from a huge distance or dealing damage only after a certain delay. Anyone who fought in PvP in any of the Souls understands exactly what it is about and how much pain such desynchronizations can cause.

The weapon either does not have the so-called "phantomness", or it is very small, or the hitboxes of the characters have become more believable (although, knowing Hidetaka, there is no particular hope for the latter), that is, in order for the game to count the damage dealt to the enemy in PvP, it is necessary that the model weapons somehow visually touched the player’s model, which is good.

And now small observations from the category "but this is not accurate."
Since invasions now mostly only take place in co-op (i.e. the player, if he does not have a special item that allows invasions in single player, needs an ally the player in order for the invasion to occur), I noticed that the invading player damage is not always dealt from all sources of damage in the role of which players act and is counted only from the one who made a successful attack first. Now in a simpler language: it seems that players will not be able to spam one intruder in a few seconds together or three, and they will either have to fight him in turn or alternate attacks. Is it a bug, is it a feature, or maybe it just seemed to me - it will be seen there.
The next thing I noticed was the stunlock system. It's like they don't exist. If we take the third Dark Souls as an example, then, logically, a successful blow with a one-handed weapon introduced the enemy into a stunlock and made it possible to immediately deliver a second blow, only after which the enemy had a window for counteraction (block, parry, evasion, exchange of blows). Two-handed strikes worked in the same way, only the free window after the second strike was slightly larger due to the slower speed of the weapon. But blows with slow giant drinami stunned the enemy as much as three hits, for which he could receive an incredibly large amount of damage. This is how it worked in DS3. What about Elden Ring? But nothing, the enemy can easily tumble after the first hit with a two-handed or giant weapon without getting a stunlock, however, due to the high speed of small weapons, the chance of them missing two or three painful blows is extremely high. Again, this is a bug, is it a feature and is it really so - I don’t know, but over the past two days I managed to play a couple of dozen fights in PvP and undergo several invasions, during which I watched all this.
3 Comments
Sort by:
x
xSerGx_00 18.03.22

How can I disable this network? I seem to have turned everything off in the pirate menu, but in the game some kind of red finger invades me and kills me. Can't you turn this off?

R
Roman Pripisnov 18.03.22

xSerGx_00
because there are red NPCs and they cannot be disabled)))

W
Wing42 26.03.22

I take back all my words regarding the evaluation of the multiplayer in Elden Ring. I have never seen such an unbalanced, stupid and crooked multiplayer in any game from this developer.
Multiplayer, and in particular PvP - a fierce crap, full of menstruating bastards with bleeding and magic. There is no counteraction to this shit in the game, there is no dependence on the skill either. I really liked PvP in DS3 and Bloodborne - there, with proper skill, you could defeat any opponent with any weapon.
In the Elda of the Ring, you will NEVER defeat a bastard with a menstrual katana, unless you also become such a damned god and people scumbag. This child of vice with a katana, with its freaking fast special move moveset, makes you bleed in a few seconds even through dodges. Where was that narrow-eyed nit Miyazaka looking when she was balancing her guns? "Gee, I'm Japanese, we had katanas, and katanas cut FSE, yes, let Ipotsk katanas be an imba, gee gee, this one I thought was noble, I'm a gay designer of games, yyyy."
Dumbest PvP with only 3 working builds. And all for the krivorukov impotent: poke from under the shield, conjure magic, apply bleeding. Bredyatin.