3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kartah 26.03.22 03:56 pm

The most lethal units. (Total War: Rome)

In this thread, I want you to introduce your favorite units, name their disadvantages and advantages.
16 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartah 26.03.22

I will begin. In my opinion, the coolest units in BI are elephants.
First, they instill fear in the soldiers of the enemy.
Secondly, no one can resist such power, as well as 2 strong archers on elephants.
Those were the benefits.
Disadvantages:
1. Too slow.
2. If they go berserk, they will kill their own army.

B
Bianor 26.03.22

Kartah
If they go berserk, they will kill their own army.
When elephants go berserk, they can be immediately "deactivated" - there is an opportunity to "kill a rabid elephant".

S
Septimius Severus 26.03.22

... I don’t remember exactly, but they also seem to be crazy :) they can become norms.

are expensive and are hired current in one province. It's also a minus.

Mobile ballista
+ Lethal force
+/- Ability to move faster than infantry (on a stroteg map as well)
-Smaller hit area than archers
-Greater vulnerability to any attacks (in particular, archers are a problem)
-Recruitment only in Pts. developed cities (in two turns)

B
Borus Grypus 26.03.22

Here he played with the Saxons against the Celts. One detachment of Culanna's dogs, together with the Celtic general (16 + 23 people), tightly carried out 3 (!) of my detachments of mounted aristocrats. With what I thought, berserk bonuses do not apply to cavalry. Here are the animals!

S
SWAEIG 26.03.22

I will single out the Lombard berserkers. If they are kept away from the battlefield and thrown into a critical area at the right time, they can quickly change position.
+ A monstrous attack that cuts even the most armored units into layers, scatter several infantrymen with one blow.
+ A state of rage, in which they can rush at an enemy that is dozens of times superior to him and sometimes even put him to flight.
+ Frightens the weak-minded fighters
+ Just a funny sight when the berserkers crash into the formation and the enemies scatter like skittles.
- Uncontrollable, often attacking the wrong person, often getting surrounded and dying
- Vulnerable to small arms, even weak archers will seriously reduce the number of berserkers.
- On hard and very hard levels, the state of rage passes too quickly, sometimes even before contact with the enemy, and without it, they are very weak and quickly run away.
So, at the middle level, there are very serious fighters, but I won’t say anything about the easy one - a legal cheat.

T
Tribune 26.03.22

I liked the Sasanian "immortals". armor, bows. Class! Just don't leave them alone.

D
D-Ice 26.03.22

Yeah! These immortal guys are carbon monoxide ...

C
Chukcha Militant 26.03.22

Lombard berserkers, a fucking cheat unit. But it is only necessary to keep them not in reserve, but on the contrary: either put them in the center, which they will break through, or throw them at the elite units of the enemy, for example, generals.

S
Sailor Moon Warrior Beaut 26.03.22

Clibinaria

_
_Klayd2_ 26.03.22

I didn’t understand one joke of the developers. Why the hell are the chosen archers somehow half transparent, like Predators?

A
Alter Fritz 26.03.22

klaydim
Yeah, I have archers without bellies and necks running around.
One of the best units is the Grail Knights.

C
Caesar54321 26.03.22

For me, the barbarian berseks are not bad, of course, there are only 32 of them in the detachment and there really is no armor, but each has one sword almost 2 meters in size and the damage they do is just cruel, the army flies from them in different directions, like when Sauron in the Lord of the Rings scattered infantry in different sides in general, who did not play for them, have fun even in a regular battle =)

d
dart vaydar 26.03.22

the paladins of the Franks, and the elite of the Huns are great

C
Crognard 26.03.22

Seleucid chariots and Praetorian cavalry

S
Saladin1187 20.08.22

Crognard
These are units from vanilla, but here they call units from the official addon Barbarian Invasion (BI)

O
Operating principle 20.08.22

My favorite units
A group of forest shooters.
Spartan hoplites.
Arcani.