3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eloi 03.04.22 06:47 pm

fps drops to 40 on a less powerful computer (Fallout 76)

Fps drops to 40 on the street, regardless of the graphics settings (ryzen5 3600, rx 6600 xt video card, 16gb RAM game on ssd. What could be the problem?
8 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 03.04.22

Eloi
it's normal, don't worry and calmly continue to play
or make it so that the FPS in the game is 300 and no drawdowns will interfere)

at a time when they didn't know what FPS was, oh those were golden times

T
Tiberiym 03.04.22

This is a game optimization issue. Due to the huge number of effects that the game cannot render normally, even at 3090 there are drawdowns on some publics up to 30 fps.

E
Eloi 03.04.22

Tiberiym
That is, do not do anything and play with additives up to 40 50?

T
Tiberiym 03.04.22

Eloi
Well, you can do as it is written in the top comment. Cut everything you can (through the config file, of course, and not the game itself), and play with a huge FPS, where the drawdowns will not be up to 40 but up to 100. Of course, with the graph killed in the trash.
PS About drawdowns up to 30 fps at 3090, I was not joking, it often happens on the uterus of animal burns.

E
Eloi 11.04.22

Tiberiym
, in principle, my game does not give out much 60 70 somewhere on the street and drawdowns up to 40. In the premises, fps is correspondingly higher

E
Eloi 11.04.22

maybe it's in the process?
here the percentage is 5600x and there are no such drawdowns with my card

S
SonyK_2 11.04.22

Eloi
Eloi wrote:
maybe it's in the process? ...
When the video card is underloaded, it's most often the CPU performance, RAM speed and the optimization curve of the game itself. If the video showed the loading of all cores / threads, it would be easier to understand. I myself noticed that during the game I sometimes had framerate drawdowns (I think due to data loading), but the video memory was loaded to the maximum and the RAM is not the fastest (config in the profile and captions for the video).
Spoiler Played in 2020, as now - I don't know.

E
Eloi 11.04.22

SonyK_2 In the
evening I will record a video with all the cores