3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dfet555 03.04.22 08:52 pm

40-50% graphics card usage and low FPS in game (Kenshi)

Good day. Guys, suddenly someone solved this problem. The thing is, Acer nitro 5 rtx 3070 8gb laptop, 32gb RAM, intel core i5 11400H, the problem is that the video card ONLY IN THIS GAME is used by 40-50%, hence I have FPS drawdowns, in other games everything is super. I tried everything that I had enough knowledge for (FULL reinstallation of drivers, reinstallation of Windows, installation of all sorts of mods, picking in the Nvidia control panel also did not give any results). If anyone has a similar problem, please share your advice if you solved it. Thanks.
34 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 03.04.22

dfet555
Updates are being made this year, how was it in the past?
What mods are installed?
Did you reinstall the game?
What is the program for managing the video card?
Does the laptop heat up in the game?

d
dfet555 03.04.22

VETER15 I
bought a laptop recently, but in the past I had a PC with rtx 2070 8gb, there was the same song, I did not decide.
Mods have no effect, since I deleted them completely, like the game itself and played a clean Steam version, everything is the same.
Reinstalling the game as said above was and more than once
There is no heating. The temperature of the video card at the peak was 75 degrees, the processor was 76-78

d
dfet555 03.04.22

VETER15
The program for managing the video card is not quite understood. I have Geforce Experience and Nvidia control panel installed

V
VETER15 03.04.22

dfet555 I
suppose that the game for such cards was not optimized by Lofi - new cards.

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
dfet555 wrote:
...in the past I had a PC with rtx 2070 8gb, there was the same song, I didn't decide... Did you
monitor the load on the hardware in the game? - the game is not new, for example, if it unevenly loads the processor ("hollows" into one core), there is nothing surprising in the underloading of the video card.
... The program for managing the video card did not quite understand. I have installed Geforce Experience and Nvidia control Panel
In principle, both of them are, but the control panel is preferable.
Spoiler
Experience can be omitted at all, to whom it is more convenient.

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2
I always monitor through MSI Afterburner, set the display of core loading to the OED, everything is ok. Already searched a bunch of forums not specifically for this game, did not solve the problem. Stupidly loads vidyuhi by 40-50%. Sometimes, a couple of times it happened that I go into the game - for 2 minutes it is loaded at 95-100, after that the load drops.

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2 Everything
is clear in the global Nvidia parameters) Everything is as it should be for a laptop.

d
dfet555 03.04.22

d
dfet555 03.04.22

GPU 1 is Nvidia

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
dfet555 wrote:
...I always monitor using MSI Afterburner, I set the display of kernel loading to the OED, everything is ok... Can I
record a video of the problematic moment with a burner and post it here? - preferably with a load on all cores / processor threads.
Example:
The screenshot shows only the total CPU usage.

d
dfet555 03.04.22

MSI burner video burn or what?

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2
I understand. I'll do it now.

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
dfet555 wrote:
... record video with a burner or what?
Yes, he can record videos himself.
Spoiler
Then put it on any video hosting (for example, YouTube), paste the link here (like I did in my previous post).

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2
Doesn't allow posting video. I can upload to YouTube and give a link if there is no ban for this

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
In what resolution was the video recorded? - I still have 480r available (maybe it hasn't been processed yet).

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2
I don't know. It is important?

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
In low resolution, monitoring indicators are not very visible - either use full screen or increase the size of the numbers.
Spoiler
According to what I saw - it is possible to reduce the framerate with an increase in the number of game objects, when the camera is far away. When it approaches, the load decreases because of this (there is only part of the wall, the ground and 1 bot) and the number of frames per second increases.

d
dfet555 03.04.22

SonyK_2
I think that on such a system this game should produce 100+ fps at any camera position. Maybe I'm wrong, because I'm not very strong in this matter. But my friend has GTX 1070 ti 8bg. He has the same in this place, only the FPS is even lower. Given the system requirements of this game, some kind of nonsense.

S
SonyK_2 03.04.22

dfet555
dfet555 wrote:
...I think that on such a system this game should produce 100+ fps at any camera position...
Theoretically - yes. But some games (especially old ones) have such a feature that they do not work at full "force" on modern hardware - I myself met with this. And looking through the logs of some old games, I noticed that they do not "see" the full hardware specifications - the amount of video memory, RAM, the number of processor cores, its clock speed, etc.