3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PaXa_ 12.04.22 12:29 am

Fallout interior (Fallout 3)

Good day to all, comrades. Explain to me one very incomprehensible thing. The game is far in the future, but they listen to old music (50s) they have small TVs (like in the 50s) the clothes are the same, the cars are made in this style, comics, billboards are all made in the style of the 50s of the last century. Question - WHY? Of course, I have a hunch - maybe it was such a fashion, but still I need a confident answer.
15 Comments
Sort by:
U
Uilenspiegel 12.04.22

This is the genre. Retrofuturism is how people from the past imagined the future. Read on wikipedia.

A
AT_Sagor 12.04.22

So I'm assuming this is a reference to the Cold War. Just around the 50s, the Americans believed (at least they told their fellow citizens) that the nuclear threat was as high as ever. Then they began to build a huge number of bomb shelters, just like in Fallout, but only there it happened in the future.

m
murdoc666 12.04.22

PaXa_
en.fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Divergence

s
star lord 12.04.22

Yes, everything is simple - because according to the plot of the game in the fifties or sixties of the 20th century, a nuclear war began. That's all left "old")

PS Yes, indeed, I'm wrong

P
PaXa_ 12.04.22

Star Lord
Actually the war started in the 2020s sort of so your version is COMPLETELY wrong
Ps in 2077

P
PaXa_ 12.04.22

at_sagor
Yes, maybe

P
PaXa_ 12.04.22

Uilenspiegel
Yes, but the game is in the 21st century.

m
murdoc666 12.04.22

PaXa_
if you still pay attention to the link in my previous comment, you will read a lot of interesting things on this topic)

s
seffko 12.04.22

does not particularly deliver retro.

s
sith215 12.04.22

this is one of the possible realities and possible consequences in the view of the inhabitants of America, they are also diligently preparing for the zombie apocalypse and the invasion of aliens, which also represent a somewhat exotic form

U
Uilenspiegel 12.04.22

PaXa_
And? What difference does it make what age is in the game. Just like that, they represented the 21st century when they lived in the 50s

P
PaXa_ 12.04.22

murdoc666
Sorry, didn't notice. The link really explained all my questions, thanks

r
rosomaha7 12.04.22

seffko
There are mods for modernizing.
New computers, weapons / not quite.etc..

P
PaXa_ 12.04.22

rosomaha7
It will spoil the atmosphere

r
rosomaha7 12.04.22

PaXa_
It has already been said here, or rather they wrote about the fact that there are NO comrades for the taste and color.
You don’t like it or something else, conclusion 1 = do it yourself.