3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FiftyFour7250 18.11.19 04:24 pm

What kind of mistakes? Why the Apocalypse is like from the 80s? (Metro Exodus)

The game takes place around 2035-2040, and the Apocalypse happened somewhere around 30 years before, that is to say approximately in 2000-2010, right? Why, then, in game, everything is done as if the Apocalypse happened in the 80s? Pioneer camp, a pot-bellied TV, stations water dispensers, glass cups, and so much more, this is something I do not understand, or the game piece to not sound shit?
20 Comments
Sort by:
R
Red Mausti 18.11.19

Like , I heard somewhere that the developer said that the Soviet style is more interesting than modern. The soul is

A
An__ei 18.11.19

FiftyFour7250
Game and to the owners of the Western political situation has been satisfied .

K
Kavaynik 18.11.19

FiftyFour7250
It's called setting and alternative historical line. The book was written in 2005, but the war in the Laura series happened in 2013.

L
Linch2000 18.11.19

FiftyFour7250
I see the game you never entered. Instead of immersed in the gameplay, you have some uncomfortable feelings. You throw to play games.

T
T2 FLAIR 18.11.19

Kavinik
Right , that's an alternative course of events preceding the war, there was communism , this is all reminiscent of the 80s

F
FiftyFour7250 18.11.19

Linch2000
Do not torment me uncomfortable feelings)) I'm Just playing paid attention to those little things that described. The game has passed, and I was wondering, maybe I'm the kind of story branch has missed, that said)

F
FiftyFour7250 18.11.19

Kavinik
Gen.Strickland
Didn't know) thought it was all one to one with the real world)

S
Siniy Kot 18.11.19

Linch2000
Mmmm...so, in other words, under communism, the development of civilization would have stalled until the status of the cochlea? (well, Yes, space, Gagarin, the development of science and technology, dognuts and percosets America, dadada, brakes all there any longer)
Pretty bold trolling from the developers)))
And the gameplay(I'm on the shooting) in the subway were always so well-she always went about the atmosphere and different mikromechanik.(the burning of the webs lighter, qte, change locations, decoraci, switching to boats-feet-trolley, etc.). So that man in General, the right wonders.

L
Linch2000 18.11.19

Blue cat wrote:
Mmmm...so, in other words, under communism, the development of civilization would have stalled until the status of the cochlea? (well, Yes, space, Gagarin, the development of science and technology, dognuts and percosets America, dadada, brakes all there any longer)
Do not argue about something you don't understand.

A
Alex Kayfoviy 18.11.19

Well, like we have in the city square and Lenin stands at the administration building and has the coat of arms of the RSFSR, and in the mausoleum is Lenin, and in the Charter of the UN security Council, the Soviet Union quite a continues to be, so for me personally it is not very surprising all this.

K
Kanych 18.11.19

FiftyFour7250
It is a style like this, it was noticeable in the first part. To make the game recognizable and were imbued with the original spirit of Russian communism and the familiar way of life. Now if the show modern Russia, there is no this has already been everywhere in Western culture, McDonald's, supermarkets, malls etc. Now there is no such individual cultural traits, so that people can feel the difference. Everywhere one Western culture, maybe somewhere in North Korea or Tibet have not touched the original culture. Except for Khrushchev already reminds nothing of its former past. If done according to the Canon of the current reality, we would not have seen such a difference between The Last of Us and Metro, there are abandoned skyscrapers, plasma TVs, cars, you will feel not like in Russia, but as in any Hollywood movie. And then you felt the same thing that is already there now.

K
Kot Markiz 18.11.19

Yeah, and to maintain style hanging calendars 1986, 199Х and other symbols with similar dates... I agree that the setting of the 80s-90s atmospheric and the type of alternative history, but the date of that?! Bluntly taken from groundwork for STALKER yet, and not repaired

A
Andrey Zagniy 18.11.19

Because they can not identify, collapsed in their universe the Soviet Union or not.

a
avas 12 13.06.21

They can, like in Wolfenstein, a new order, where the Germans defeated in World War II and how they developed there further, they may also have, communism survived and exists on the sly.

e
edpru 13.06.21

After the "vigorous" bomb around the world, that development? The industry will stupidly stand up. Resources will instantly become difficult to obtain. It remains to fix the old, rummage through the warehouses. And this is all on the surface. Strongly do not roam. There will be few smart people, until new minds grow - 2-3 generations will be needed (which is about 60-80 years). For development in a new way, it is necessary not only several decades, there a century can easily pass.

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.06.21

Alex Kayfoviy
Alex Kayfoviy wrote:
and Lenin is still in the mausoleum, and
considerable funds are allocated from the budget for its maintenance / embalming.

N
Nurp 13.06.21

Denis Kyokushin wrote: It
is beneficial for someone to stay there further.
So, why didn't you scribble someone who benefits from it? )))

A
Alex Kayfoviy 13.06.21

Nurp
He did not think that he would be calculated so quickly))

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.06.21

Nurp
And 17 lemons a year - is it not profitable or what? You can scribble a request through Google, if you are interested

k
kolinmah 13.06.21

the game is a piece of ill-conceived shit. What did you want from an anti-Soviet elven writer?