3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Andrew Praxis 12.04.22 12:59 am

Gtx 970 on Phenom II X4 955BE.

Hello everyone, in general, the question is this. Proc Phenom II X4 955BE, now vidyaha gtx 460 1gb. I want to change it to gtx 970 (With the expectation of the future), I know that the percent will not reveal it completely, so I will change it and everything else later. I'm wondering if it's worth it to temporarily put 970 instead of 460 for this percentage and will there be a noticeable difference, and will there be brakes on new games at max settings ???
Motherboard : gigabyte GA-MA770 UD3
RAM 6GB
13 Comments
Sort by:
i
ili0ili 12.04.22

buy a 970 and try it, obviously it won't get worse

A
Andrew Praxis 12.04.22

I know that it won’t get worse, but will it get better, I just don’t know exactly how much the percentage will reveal 970, otherwise it will turn out that there will be no difference at all until I set a normal percentage.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.22

the difference will be noticeable. if you play in high resolution, then the increase will be 2-3 times in places.
will there be brakes - yes they will.
I don't know how well he accelerates. you will overclock to 4.2 GHz probably there will be much less brakes.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.22

Andrew Praxis
I have the 940th Fenom ll @ 3.4GHz. The card is 570GTX + 4GB of RAM. At 1680x1050 resolution, it opened up, basically, by 80-99%. There will be an increase, but no one will say about the full disclosure of the 970th. In some games , such as Far Cry 3, or Max Payne 3, will be revealed in full

A
Andrew Praxis 12.04.22

Den-z2011
Yes, I know that it will not reveal the percent, I just wanted to change the percent to fx 8350, and many say that he did not go far from this Phenom, but at the same time, 970 reveals everything.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.22

Andrew Praxis
Who are many? In a single thread, everything can be, but in multi-threaded games, the 955th will lose
. If you have a rev 2.0 motherboard, then it must support 6 cores and RAM memory above 1333 MHz.
After changing the video card, due to the low frequencies of the RAM, friezes are possible. I also have a motherboard on the 770th AMD chipset, and it sets 400 MHz by default, I raised it to 880 MHz.

s
sabrido 12.04.22

It is clear that there will be a noticeable difference.

S
Shadows3D 12.04.22

Andrew Praxis
8350 is far from the phenomenon, but before you take it, see if his mother supports him

A
Andrew Praxis 12.04.22

Shadows3D
The fact of the matter is that the mother supports only Am3, and for AM-3 + you will have to take a new motherboard, so I think so far only update the video, and only then everything else.

S
Shadows3D 12.04.22

Andrew Praxis
go to the 3dmark site and there is a bookmark with the results of various systems with the ability to select combinations and you can roughly estimate

M
MunchkiN 616 12.04.22

hair dryer 2 to change to fx 8 cores 4 GHz it makes sense to change this fx is the minimum stone for a more or less comfortable game. everything below is not. as a completely cheerful option, this is a 63xx with wild overclocking, but he needs a mother too.
I won’t be in the wilds of flattery, but on fx the mother from the fenum can be changed to anyone, it’s possible to indulge in memory if it’s ddr2
and there, in fact, it’s not long to buy a new peak,
but as a temporary plug for the slot and it’s possible to drive it a little and with the new iron 970 I’ll
do it myself I wanted to take it before the crisis, but my mother didn't give me any money. said you Ms. 690, messages on it, abstracts can also be printed, posons.

A
Andrew Praxis 12.04.22

Yes, I'm thinking until the gtx 970 is updated, and then wait for the release of new processors from Amd and already there decide what to take.

M
Mr. Nagib 12.04.22

take it boldly, I have a stove 970 + hair dryer x4 965 with overclocking 3.8, all games are like seeds on ultra in full hd.