3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 12.04.22 01:18 am

After installing the addon, the single player game does not start - need help! (Left 4 Dead 2)

I downloaded an addon for weapons, which either adds or replaces one of the barrels with an XM8 rifle, and so, after I installed this addon and selected it in the list of addons in the game, the single player campaign does not start. I stupidly click on the inscription "START" and nothing happens.

And besides, the game instead of Russian became

Left 4 Dead 2 in English, I have a normal one, without official add-ons. It works fine without addons and all that, but why it doesn’t want to work when installing the addon, I just can’t imagine. If anyone wants to help me with this problem, then unsubscribe!.
6 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vescker 12.04.22

remove addon. I have the same story...

d
deathcold 12.04.22

Vescker
so i need an addon because i want to try it out

V
Vescker 12.04.22

Death_Cold says
"please remove plug-ins before attemping to connect to a VAC server" ?

if yes, then try to assign a shortcut: -steam

V
Vescker 12.04.22

Death_Cold
and post the results

C
Cheat_TiNikA 12.04.22

-insecure write there, but you won't be able to play over the network.

V
Van Helsing 12.04.22

Do you know how to use VPK.exe ?
Copy the mod to a folder on your desktop, then find models / v_models and if you see such a line there (for example V_rifle.dx90) then you need to erase dx90 to get it like this ( v_rifle) do it yourself in w / models and the game will start.
After you do that, move the mod folder to Left 4 dead 2/bin on the vpk application and you will have an addon that you can throw in Addons
I also had this and this method helps.