3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kolyan108 17.04.22 10:05 pm

Two monitors for the game, but for different purposes. It happens?

I remember in some portable console from Nintendo, which had two screens, it was so that the game was launched on these two screens at once, but each screen had its own functions. For example, on one screen the main gameplay, and on the other - a map of the world of the game or something else.
Is there such a thing for PC games with two or more monitors?
I know, in Fallout 4 you can still display the inventory and everything else on your phone - it's pretty interesting.
11 Comments
Sort by:
r
requiemmm 17.04.22

A rarity, people have already discussed this topic, I was able to recall several old strategies and simulators. There is only one head, but only two hands :)

S
Sweety_Mustard 17.04.22

of course - in any network game where windowed mode and multi-access are available. Sometimes people sit actively on 7-8 accounts - it’s not like 2 monitors, a whole switch can be put on a dozen ports))) Within the same single game, it’s also possible - if you can drag the character / backpack window.
The topic has been relevant since the late 90s, I guess.

K
Kolyan108 17.04.22

requiemmm
Could you give examples of such games? Very interesting to see.

K
Kolyan108 17.04.22

requiemmm wrote: There
is only one head, but only two hands :)
Two hands, two eyes - just for two monitors)

r
requiemmm 17.04.22

Kolyan108
Ka-50 for example or Lock On. There's a 43 page thread on the DCS forum about how people there, with varying degrees of success, stretched the game across multiple monitors. Of the strategies, Supreme Commander 2 is remembered, but my hands did not reach it. There was also an ancient sim from the DOS times, there was a separate radar, I forgot the name, well, X-2 and Elite Dangerous. The trick is that you need the same monitors for the Elite, one model, there is a video on YouTube, I probably saw it already

z
zPOINTMANz 05.05.22

Sweety_Mustard I
immediately remembered that legendary octopus who played Eve online on 14 windows at once.
Spoilerhttp://www.gamer.ru/eve-online/a-vy-uvereny-chto-tochno-znaete-ponyatie-fanatizm

K
Kolyan108 05.05.22

requiemmm
No, this is useless garbage on the video, the monitors give breaks. Why tear up the whole picture? Yes, and almost every game in this can, as in the video, through the settings of the video card is easily done.

I ask about the additional use of the monitor. When monitors do not hurt the eyes with slits and division of the image. And when the game process is on one monitor (as it should be for a normal game), and the other monitor serves as an additional one, to display some information. For example, I opened the fallout, on the main monitor you control the character, run, shoot; and on the second, the map is open or the list of tasks - that's cool - does it even happen? It is the games that directly support this themselves?

I'm talking about breaking into a whole picture - well, this is for the completely repulsed. If you want a picture on a big screen - so buy a single solid large screen, you can bend it.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.05.22

a couple of my friend once said for a long time that suprin commander is some kind of under 2 monitors. on one 3d type and on the other the whole map at once. but somehow I don’t know if this is the case or if it would be so cool.
and so the game, as it were, doesn’t care 2 monitors or 3. the game will either see a large desktop and try to launch the game in wide resolution, or there is a duplication of screens, or there is a game in a window, but other windows should be inactive.
and so, from the point of view of game logic, it was possible to implement something like this if the game saw that the resolution was too high or too wide. but this will have to explain the game to the user - maybe he just wanted to expand the game on all screens or include an additional interface. secondly, the purpose of the multi-screen function for the player will be and why they are needed. so most likely there are no such games. maybe only some very advanced addicts can somehow display devices on the screen, but this is not really a game. in general, for gaming and development, this will probably create more problems because it needs a separate render layer. now in the main game they render on the whole screen, but earlier they rendered on a small window somewhere on the side and the letters were everywhere. and the trend is modern to have an interface in the render zone. and so in theory you can take some kind of Morrowind. there the interface is customizable and stretch the map to half the screen so that one 4x3 has a game on another 4x3 map block, but this is a very stupid idea and the center of the screen will still be in the center of the screen space resolution.

r
requiemmm 05.05.22

Kolyan108
No, not useless. This is a legal cheat that no one will track down, never until you yourself sleep. You can stretch it so that you can also look back or up without touching the camera control buttons. This is true for simulators. But the map on the second monitor, just what you're talking about.

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.05.22

zPOINTMANz yelling
) Well, I played in the browser timezone - it was simpler there - the cell just swapped between 3-4 windows, when the Persian was folded in battle - he started a new one. It seems like I managed with one set - but from the outside it looked like 5-6 players were hurting you))

D
Danilozavr 14.05.22

Nintendo 3ds has exactly 2 screens and they work just like you wrote.