3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AlexBefest 17.04.22 10:05 pm

Xbox app won't install game (Forza Horizon 5)

Good afternoon, I have such a problem that the Xbox application does not allow installing Forza Horizon 5, and some other games (Back 4 blood, Halo infinity, etc.), while some other games install fine (Forza Horizon 4 for example) . The fact is that when I click on the "Install" button, a window pops up with a choice of disk, in which they do not allow me to select the installation disk itself, and show only one inscription: "Change the installation settings in the Profile> Settings> General section." I've tried everything possible and impossible: and changed these installation options, and changed the default drive for applications in storage options, and reinstalled the Xbox, and did msreset, etc. Nothing helps at all. On all available drives I have at least 150 GB+. I will be very grateful if you help.

14 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 17.04.22

AlexBefest
Maybe sanctions, on Steam - Forza Horizon 5 is blocked for Russia, it says this product is not available in your region.

M
Marsj 17.04.22

Pavel Rally
This is for purchase, and purchased games should work.

R
Raz0r430 17.04.22

The same problem, the game pass ultimate subscription, has already rummaged through the entire Internet.

M
Marsj 17.04.22

Raz0r430
Is this Windows 11?

R
Raz0r430 17.04.22

Marsj
Yeah.
For the sake of interest, I took a working laptop with Win 11 and went through the application, there is no such error. Why the error occurs on the hospital I do not understand. Additionally contacted Xbox support today.

H
Hauger69 17.04.22

AlexBefest
shanovni spÑ–vvÑ–tchizniki catch the solution to the problem.

Make sure you're signed into the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store with the same account. Then try installing via Xbox. If the disk selection hangs, go to the Microsoft Store application and find our toy there. We press to install, we select a disk and we enjoy life. We go back to the xbox and see - a goose in the oven

Under the spoiler rolled visuals, peace to all.
Spoiler

R
Raz0r430 17.04.22

Hauger69
When going to the Microsoft Store, there is no install button, there is an "Install from xbox app" button, when you click on this button, the xbox app opens with the same problem.

1_AID 17.04.22

AlexBefest
I had a similar situation, my hard drive burned out. but I couldn't install anything on the new one. I had to dig deeper with a folder on a new disk, become an administrator, but I don’t remember exactly

C
CAMCOH01 17.04.22

In general, I found a temporary solution.
We take, download the xbox game pass to your phone, log in under your account.
There we are looking for the desired game, looking for the mark "on the PC", go into it, and click "install on", select your PC and click "install". And that's it, the game will be downloaded to the disk that is installed by default in the XBOX application on the PC.

R
Raz0r430 17.04.22

CAMCOH01 I was
delighted early, the games start to download in this way, but for some reason on the system drive C, on which in my case there is not enough space.

C
CAMCOH01 17.04.22

Raz0r430
try to change the file save location: settings> system> memory> save location for new content and there you select "new applications will be saved here" and select drive D

M
Martin178 05.05.22

It worked, but I just waited and tried to install every day, and one fine day it installed. Try to go to the Argentina region and download. GOOD LUCK!

J
Joe_Sins 09.10.22

Personally, I fixed it like this. Reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. After that, the disk that I chose became available.

n
n1kosh 21.10.22

In the xbox app, go to settings, general information. There should be an installation folder C:XboxGames. The Microsoft Store app must also be installed. If a notification hangs at the top of the general information section, install what the application offers.