3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StaticSaysMyNamE 17.04.22 10:05 pm

Do you read lore text in games?

In different games (usually RPGs), quite often different documents and information about the history of the game or just some stories are scattered over the levels, for example, books and documents in TES: Skyrim, Cyberpunk 2077, Genshin Impact and so on. The information, of course, is interesting, but does everyone read it? How do you generally feel about such things? Do you skip these documents or do you still read most of them to the end? Why?

I personally have a somewhat contradictory feeling: it seems to be interesting, but since all this is a continuous unvoiced text, it is very difficult to read it from beginning to end + the dynamics of the game sags very much. What are your thoughts?
23 Comments
Sort by:
A
AndreySolovyov 29.10.22

I try to read, but sometimes it is too rich, and extremely nasty design can still be superimposed on this. Reminds me of Mass Effect 2, with its light yellow text on an orange background...

S
Slayer1993 16.11.22

I remember that in Residents on PS1, as well as in games like System Shock 2, Aliens vs Predator 2 and Doom 3, I liked to read all these notes, and now it gets boring quickly (
Although in some Dishonored I still like to read them, but here in the TES trilogy, a bunch of books have accumulated in the inventory, although many of them were quite interesting.

P
Pecos_Bill 16.11.22

If the game and its world are interesting, then on the first playthrough I try to read everything to get more insight into the world of the game. And if not, then don't bother, it's a waste of time