3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 17.04.22 10:05 pm

Is it necessary to go straight through the story? (Elden Ring)

Not so long ago I started to play this game, and unlike Dark Souls, there are no corridors here, the player is immediately greeted by a large and beautiful open world in which you are free to go wherever you want already at the start. I understand that there are special lines on the map, following which you will move along the plot, but let’s say if I don’t want to stupidly follow the plot for the time being, especially when there is such beauty around, but I just want to see visually, for example, some kind of temple on the horizon, and go there, meet strong mobs there, get lyuli, leave this place for later, go to another, level up on weaker opponents, return to this temple, already hand out luley yourself, outline a new temple .... Game allows you to play like this?
First of all, I immediately advanced a little on the plot, just a little bit, to unlock the ability to upgrade the character, so to speak, went through the prologue, and after I got the opportunity to improve skills at the expense of souls or something, the question arose in front of me - "What to do next ?"

It's just that as soon as I got the opportunity to pump the character, I went in the other direction, not where the rays are drawn. I went to some swamps, I rummage through the ruins, I find loot, I find some camps, I kill everyone there, I find loot again, I go further wherever my eyes look .... I already have a bunch of weapons, armor, some kind of shields. In short, I won’t break the game, why do I like to play like this?
8 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 17.04.22

Podvipodvertov
Just rummaging around exploring the world, not particularly messing up, specifically, you will screw up the main plot, but some NPC side quests - yes, you can screw it up-))

P
Podvipodvertov 17.04.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
Do you suggest that it is better to follow the plot? I'm just afraid that if I go through a purely plot, then suddenly the game will quickly go through, and I won't be able to visit all corners of this world?
Or will the plot develop in such a way that one fig will run everywhere?

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 17.04.22

Podvipodvertov
My advice to you, just play as you like, you shouldn’t rush straight through the plot, one way or another you will reach the main boss .... this is your first playthrough and you still won’t know all the nuances of the game and quests, without guides on YouTube ....
But in the second playthrough, I would advise you to specifically look at the quests of all the NPCs in the game and already go through the game thoroughly with them-))

P
Podvipodvertov 17.04.22

Evil Spirit Yambuya
Understood, thanks! Anyway, I planned to go through it several more times with different characters.

M
MunchkiN 616 17.04.22

As I understand it, the difficulty is implemented in the game, so it's better to alternate progress through the story with a free exploration of a piece of the world, plus whatever along the way.

B
BeDaLeK 17.04.22

MunchkiN 616
Different locations with different difficulty, that's right. If you are interested, here is a map where the locations are divided by difficulty, appropriate level and weapon leveling (but the level and weapons are optional - with some builds you can go there much earlier). https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Elden-Ring/game_progress_route_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_2560px.jpg

K
Kostet09 17.04.22

Plot? It's not here!

H
Harlam Brown 05.05.22

For 20 hours I didn’t really understand what was required of me in this game. Wandered like you, and crushed everything, enjoying the views. But when the time came to get acquainted with the plot and the side effects, I realized that some of them were simply pissed away, killing everyone indiscriminately. Later, when reading the guides, I realized how much I missed, that I even stopped falling asleep normally, chasing information in my head.
Although I spent 110 hours on the first passage, I don’t regret a bit that I passed it like that. The lore of the game made up for everything in full. But anyway I'm going to replay to calm down.)