3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 17.04.22 11:09 pm

Stuck on a mission, possibly with a bug - need help! (Batman: Arkham City)

Hello. In general, I installed Batman Arkham City on my old computer here and Win XP SP3 is on the old computer, well, I decided to play the game there, I thought that maybe once on Win 7 the problem with getting stuck in the same mission happens on Win XP this will not happen. In general, I got to the mission with the penguin where he needs to turn off the ice gun with a destructor. At first, I immediately saved the hostages, then I went to Freeze to get information on how to block his cannon, and then I took the destructor from the Frize suit and went to the penguin. I beat a shark that jumps out from under the water, then I run up to the penguin and block his gun, and I start to approach, but when I came close to him, nothing happens. Previously, this was not the case, because before, as soon as you approach the penguin, then Batman gives him cabbage soup and he falls down somewhere, I don’t remember exactly where,

I eventually thought that I might be doing something wrong, so I decided to replay it by deleting this save and starting over. This time I thought that maybe after releasing the hostages, first go to the Penguin, well, so that Batman would say that you need to find the frieze and find out how to turn off the gun, but in the end I still had the same problem. After rescuing the hostages, I go straight to the Penguin, and when Batman says that I need to find the frieze and get information about turning off the gun, then I go to the frieze itself and only then to the destructor and to the penguin, but as I said, I again have the same problem. I go close to the penguin and nothing happens. I have already tried all the keys that I have assigned to certain actions to press, and I tried to somehow run around and then turn off the gun to the penguin, but still I can’t do anything,

In the end, I freaked out and turned off everything to hell, and then I decided to turn to you for help. Perhaps someone has already encountered this problem and knows how to solve it, and if you know, then unsubscribe, because you want to go through the game, but it doesn’t work because of this bug.

Maybe this bug is due to the fact that I have a game that is still with Game for Windows Live, but since I delete this Game for Windows Live and put the xlive.dll file in the game folder, this may be why I have a problem with this mission, and maybe you need to install Game for Windows Live ?.
14 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Irbis_ 17.04.22

Stupid question, but have you tried just hitting him? You silence the gun, you come up and you hit the blow. If nothing happens, then there is clearly some kind of bug.

V
Victor Tsoi 17.04.22

Death_Cold
Of course, you need to install "Game For Windows Live", since the game will not be saved, and here's another try everything. to a minimum, then minimize the game (so 3 times), and then try to play, it should work out ...

K
Kyuubi 17.04.22

Do you have a license or a pirate?
If it's a pirate, then throw it away and buy a license.

d
deathcold 17.04.22

_Irbis_
tried to strike, but instead received a burst from his cannon to the head.
Victor coy
I still have the game without Game for widnwos live, but if the bug is directly related to GFWL, then you will have to install it.
Kyuubi If
I had the money I would buy it, but in general ... you would be in my place when you want something but it doesn’t work out, and you constantly live on your nerves looking for work for three years in a row.

K
Kyuubi 17.04.22

Death_Cold
I did not try to get up at the Employment Center, at least you will receive 900 rubles a month until they find you a job or look for it on Avito.

d
deathcold 17.04.22

Kyuubi
, firstly, it’s not profitable because I’m not from Russia, and secondly, we now have everyone from the military enlistment office there, and suddenly I appear there, I’ll have to go to the army, even though I was declared unfit for service, but from the army to the front line, to where people are now being killed in batches, but you know I'm not tired of living yet!. And thirdly, I don’t know about you, but with us, in order to go to the Employment Center, you first need to work for two months somewhere, and only then will you be accepted there. As for me, I have already reviewed 150 jobs and everywhere there is no place, then the advertisements are fake, then scammers come across on the way, and so on in a circle, so I am content with pirate games, but I live off my garden because what grows on I also use it. So it goes!.

Victor coy
Yes, let him say, because in some way he is also right, although his version is not correct.

d
deathcold 17.04.22

By the way, I already figured out the problem in this mission where I get stuck. I just downloaded a couple of files, put them in the game folder and everything started working! Now, when you approach the Penguin, Batman himself gives him cabbage soup.

By the way, I have already completed the main storyline, now I have to download the repack with Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, because I haven't played it yet.

V
Victor Tsoi 17.04.22

Death_Cold
Listen, what the hell are you talking about? How can he hit the soup himself, and what kind of magic files are hmm interesting (?)

K
Kyuubi 17.04.22

Death_Cold If he
lived in Ukraine, he would bypass state institutions by the tenth road.
If such a situation, then you can take games on the torrent.

d
deathcold 17.04.22

Victor coy
is just a folder with files called BmGame. I put it in my game folder and replaced it with my own. I went into the game, started from the checkpoint, then turn on the destructor to jam the Penguin's cannon and approach him, and then a cutscene appears where Batman hits the Penguin and he falls down. Everything!. What else is not clear???

d
deathcold 17.04.22

Kyuubi
is just such a situation. My older brother found a job through an acquaintance, and works at a private enterprise. Of course, I wanted to go to them, but there are already no places there, and my specialty is different, but there you need excavators and mechanics mainly. In general ... everything was wrong before, but now the country has been driven into such shit that you don’t have a normal job, nor sensible prices. In short, we have a complete mess here, so we survive with the help of the garden and everything that grows on it, since at least there is enough dough for new clothes sometimes))

V
Victor Tsoi 17.04.22

Death_Cold
Yes, everything is clear :)

V
Victor Tsoi 17.04.22

Death_Cold
Similar situation)

d
deathcold 17.04.22

Victor coy
Well, that's good that it's clear. I need to download the Goty Edition repack, because I have not yet gone through the DLC add-on and I want to know what is there and how.