3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jan95 18.04.22 12:05 am

Freezes when moving around the map (The Sims 4)

The game freezes at maximum settings when moving around the map, very annoying.
I put a repack from hatab. But I did not see in the distribution that someone complained about the friezes. I'm not a fan of pirates, I bought the same GTA 5 immediately upon release, but considering the cost of The Sims, plus additions will cost twice the cost of the game, I can't afford it for that kind of money now, especially since there is no online play. but that's not the point ...
The computer pulls GTA 5 calmly on high, and then some Sims is buggy, it's a kapets ... I
even put it on ssd, maybe less, but still freezes.
System.
Win 7 64bit HP
AMD FX 8370
Nvidia GTX 660
8 Gb Ram

PS doesn't lag like that if you increase, decrease the zoom, walk on the floors, but as you move the card, these annoying jerks.
10 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jan95 18.04.22

I cleaned the registry, reinstalled the repack, it got better.

A
Anomel Suna 18.04.22

Jan95
What did you want? The game runs on a modified RenderWare - The Sims 2 and GTA 3 engine! This is the second time EA has stinted on a new engine (it was necessary to change the engine back in The Sims 3). After the release of a few more additions to the fourth part, not only the camera will lag ...

s
simmac 18.04.22

Den Good
The Sims 4 seems to be not made on RenderWare, it has its own SmartSim engine.

A
Anomel Suna 18.04.22

simmac
SmartSim is most likely a modified RenderWare. If there was a new engine, EA would not again break the world into sections and cut out a bunch of content

J
Jan95 18.04.22

Den Good
In general, I understood everything, they were stingy with the development, and even they sell the game at a high price, and the add-ons are pretty expensive. Yes, EA really disappointed, Sims 2, which was still from Maxis, went perfectly on a mediocre configuration.
Maybe they will fix it with updates, although they navryatli ... Of course I liked the game.

s
simmac 18.04.22

Den Good
In general, at exhibitions, even during development, they said that the engine was fundamentally new and made from scratch purely for The Sims.
"Producer Rachel Rubin Franklin has acknowledged fans' concerns on the game's official blog; she claims this is due to the fact that the new game was built entirely from scratch on a new engine, which caused significant problems for the development team."

s
simmac 18.04.22

Jan95 The
downside of The Sims 4 is that it came out with almost no content. And now updates and additions often come out.
But still Sims 4 is much better optimized than Sims 3.

A
Anomel Suna 18.04.22

simmac oh
my god! And you believed it?! EA can write whatever they want. Where is at least 1 confirmation that the engine is new?

Here's what the old engine is easy to confirm:
1) Animations have not changed since the second part
2) the city is again divided into sections (more precisely, into districts). This is done on purpose so that the game lags less after several DLCs.

s
simmac 18.04.22

Den Good
In general, I can't help but agree, it's EA. But I disagree about animations. The animations in The Sims 4 are great. Facials, especially. Well, at least much better than in parts 2 and 3.

A
Anomel Suna 18.04.22

simmac
well, emotions are a feature of sims 4;). This means that facial animations should be on top. Here at EA they tried