3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pacemaker 18.04.22 10:30 pm

Technical Issues (Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth)

Somehow people write about technical problems separately, let's go here (moderator - if something is wrong - rub the topic)

Situation: I can’t even start the game, during the initial splash screen after starting a new game. The computer either hangs or a blue screen with text or colored dots, and then a blue screen.
Who did it well?
DVD disc, of course pirated

System:
WinXP SP2
AMD XP 2800+
1 gig RAM
motherboard ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, 5.1 on board
GeForce 6800
firewood 84.21
143 Comments
Sort by:
f
fly 18.04.22

yes, something strange!!!

P
Pacemaker 18.04.22

No, everything is fine with the disk.
Many people have the same problem, only everyone has one advice - new drivers, but this solution does not help ...
ANYONE DID IT???

D
DeeFo 18.04.22

At the level "Attack of a fish man" in the place where you need to break a large fan with an iron rod and climb through it, I climb through it and then the loading starts and .... loads and loads, I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened. Please help, advise how to be.

f
fly 18.04.22

Damn rebet! THIS is probably just a LEVOCHOK FULL!!!!!!!

G
Gleb_K 18.04.22

As for the colored dots and the black screen - it took a long time to steam, it constantly crashed. I decided in the end by reducing the breakdown. It was 1280x1024x60, I set it to 1024x768x70 - now everything works stably, anti-aliasing is also turned off, the graphics, oddly enough, almost did not suffer.

Firewood 84.25, card 6800. Stump4 3.06. Memory 2GB

S
Sholah_Weras 18.04.22

Mzhet somebody somewhere heard how to play mx400? I really want to play, but I can't. Help who than can.

A
Anhungered 18.04.22

In different places, it crashed in different ways, it was buggy, etc. In the first case, reinstalling to the new nvidia 84.81 driver seemed to help me. After some time, when loading a new location, it again began to be thrown out. This time I reinstalled directx. helped. And now everything is buggy again, crashes. Now I'm just too lazy to do anything. Scored before the release of the patch. =)

R
Raynor 1 18.04.22

Help!!! At the level where you find the weapon (where else is the prison), the game crashes into windows. And always after I pick up a weapon. I go with him a little and fly out. Until then, just wait an hour and everything will be fine. Nobody knows what's the matter?

Сrash 18.04.22

Please Help!!! I'm flying out at the hotel when you go to bed (this is at the beginning). Sleep, clip and ... and that's it! Who knows what to do ???

A
Arion 18.04.22

There's a problem: when I have to go to jail, I jump on the beams, talk to the fed Macy, or something like that, then jump down. Here the loading takes place, and after that the whole image becomes beige, the textures disappear, the stripes across the screen, not a fig is visible. What's wrong?

b
beneficiary 18.04.22

To everyone who has a problem with freezing on loading the level "Attack of the fish man" !!!
The reason is a crooked Russifier!
Solving the problem:
1. Delete the game. (Save, of course, leave).
2. We put the English version (uncheck the "Russian version" during installation).
3. We pass the level on the English version.
4. Install the localizer and continue...
Enjoy!!!

K
Kiddo 18.04.22

Crash - The same garbage - winxp sp 1 - directx 9.0c - catalyst 6.3
After the video about how Two people go to open a room in a hotel where I sleep I - crashes into Windows - how to fix it?

Platinum version on dvd

b
beneficiary 18.04.22

Crashes from Platinum games are most often caused by a conflict with RAM. Those who have two sticks of RAM, I advise you to remove one and try to go through a buggy place on one.

b
beneficiary 18.04.22

Aryon, change the video driver to an older and more stable one.

W
WashburnWI14 18.04.22

benefactor, I have the same problem, when the game crashes after a scene with two people.. Also the Platinum version, but your advice does not help ... I took out one slot, but it did not help ... do you know what else?

K
Kiddo 18.04.22

The method described above helped me - with the English version of

Benefaktor - THANK YOU

W
WinterSturm 18.04.22

Gentlemen, my game crashes at the last level when you need to turn into a monster. I stand in a small, flooded pool before HYDRA begins to load and takes off. Has anyone had something similar??? Reinstalling the game did not help =(( Is there a patch ???

3OHT 18.04.22

The developer company went bankrupt, so there may not be a patch at all if Bethesda doesn't make it.
I have almost the same problem, though most likely with broken saves.
If anyone has a save ~70% of the game, please upload it to http://rapidshare.de or similar.
Thanks in advance... :)

U
Unwanted 18.04.22

Problem after the level "Attack of the Fishermen"
I talk to Maki, jump out the window, after loading the textures there is no, the screen is black with some colored stripes. Vidyuha - Forsia 6600 GT. Firewood tried different ones: from 80 to 84, changed the resolution, anti-aliasing turned on / off - to no avail.
Help, as they say :))

R
RAMBO10 18.04.22

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS A BUG WITH TEXTURES BEFORE JAIL:
JUST PUT FIREWOOD 84.21
I HAVE 6600GT NOW EVERYTHING IS NORMAL!!!