3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rozil 18.04.22 10:55 pm

Game Information (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Surely many are already aware, but so that the forum is not empty at all, I suggest reading new, as well as already known information about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain

- Patrolmen are more attentive and less predictable than in previous games in the series.

- Aiming with weapons has become much more convenient, and the absence of annoying "invisible textures" in the game will allow you to shoot even through narrow gaps. If a bullet can physically pass through them.

- Binoculars will now be a more useful device than before, thanks to the ability to mark opponents. If desired, this can be turned off altogether.

- Access to the inventory is now carried out using the controller's D-pad. A quick press of the button will simply change weapons, while holding it down will display a complete list of the available arsenal.

- If the enemy notices us, then the game indicator starts to change color, depending on the degree of suspicion of the enemy.

- The "Second Display" function allows you to display the game map on a tablet or smartphone, listen to audio files on this device and view mission objectives.

- The countdown of the alertness of enemies during an alarm has been removed. Now we will need to listen to the radio communications of the enemy fighters in order to understand whether it is safe to move to the next target.

- Slow-mo was added to the game in the best traditions of Max Payne, and according to GameInformer, this mechanic will be useful even for the most seasoned fans of the series. It is more of a nice bonus than it makes the gameplay easier.

- Any information obtained during the interrogation of a captured enemy warrior will be marked on the map. This applies to both the location of weapons and items, and all sorts of secret passages. Also during the interrogation, Snake will confiscate his cartridges from the fighter.

- The management of the equipment is simply amazing.

- It will be difficult for fans of the series to get used to the new voice of Snake, but GameInformer reports that Kiefer Sutherland did a great job.

- The magazine journalist completed the story mission in 2 hours, and Konami officially stated that the testers ran through it in 5 minutes. How long it takes to complete the prologue will depend entirely on the player, but do not forget about side tasks that add replay value to the project.

- Additional tasks that are performed during the day, I can show the beauty of the illuminated world created by Fox Engine. The PlayStation 4 version looks the most beautiful.

- After collecting all the XOF patches that Skull Face threw out of the spinner, the quests "Deja Vu" and "James Vu" will open, depending on the platform.

- "Deja Vu" will slightly change the appearance of the "Omega" camp, making it very similar to Shadow Moses. Music and lighting will also change. The passage of the task will open the skin of the polygonal Solid Snake.

- In the Jamevu mission, we will control Raiden and destroy the Snatchers. Raiden will not have a sword at his disposal, but he moves noticeably faster than Snake.

- Konami understands that not everyone likes the pricing policy for the prologue, as well as the fact of its separate release, but this decision was made to "extend the life of the new part of the long-running series."

- GameInformet notes that in Ground Zeroes players will be able to plunge into the atmosphere of a real stealth action game, and fans of the series "have something to expect from both the prologue and The Phantom Pain."

- When asked about Big Boss's coma, Hideo Kojima answered the following: “He only fell into a coma once. And to understand what's what, you will need to go through the whole game. Then your reaction will be something like this: “Oh, that’s it…””.

- In The Phantom Pain, Hideo Kojima wants to show that it is impossible to come out of the war completely healthy. Loss of a limb is just one example.

- The level "Afghanistan" will boast an amazing range of drawing.

- All the creatures that we can see - goats, sheep, and so on, are made very realistically.

- The Phantom Pain is not a big seamless world, but a set of levels in different parts of the world.

- Not all levels in The Phantom Pain will have many enemies, so players will not have to constantly experience the same tension that will be in Ground Zeroes.

- In Ground Zeroes, a nuclear complex abandoned in 1977 in South Africa is mentioned. Perhaps this is the new location for Mother Base, or Outer Heaven.

- Unlike Ground Zeroes, in The Phantom Pain we will be able to send prisoners to the base using the Fulton system.

- The main base will now be more interactive than before. We can walk around it, visit different places. It will also be possible to go to the bases of other players over the network.

- As previously stated, Ground Zeroes progress will be able to carry over to The Phantom Pain, giving players "some advantage".

source: http://www.stratege.ru/
16 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr_Dude090 18.04.22

"Raiden will not have a sword at his disposal"
No way, but what is this:
MGSVGZ - DLC Jamais vu (Raidens Sword) pix.playground.ru

rozil, I wanted to know even more about the new Metal Gear Online, which will be included in MGSV:TPP.
PS: I think it's quite possible that Raiden from the future will be available in the new MGO.

r
rozil 18.04.22

Mr_Dude090

Information about the absence of a sword in Raiden's arsenal came from comrades from the GameInformer magazine, whose hands reached the prologue of MGSV - Ground Zeroes.

There is a possibility of their mistake, but given that they have already studied the game "to holes" - it is extremely small.
When I read this news, I myself remembered this fragment, so I don’t have 100% confidence in this matter.
But it could be that the sword shown in the trailer was just used as Raiden's calling card, which was supposed to be part of his introduction, but nothing more. As far as I remember, in the video that demonstrates the gameplay of Jamevu, the sword was never used, which increases the likelihood of the veracity of the information from the GameInformer review.

Further, as you said MGO (Metal Gear Online) is officially confirmed for MGSV: TPP(The Phantom Pain).

However, unlike TPP, MGO suffers from a severe lack of information. But still, from some of Kojima san's interviews, I managed to scoop out one interesting thing:

As it became known, in the new MGS, multiplayer (aka MGO) will be more closely related to single player.

Also, as mentioned earlier, now our Outer Heaven will be more interactive, where the example was visiting the bases of other players while online.
From this it is not difficult to assume that if players can peacefully organize tours of their own bases, they will also be able to test their own army in battle, say, with yesterday's comrade who gloomily joked about the size of your Metal Gear.

So there is a high probability that such battles will be the main increase in the experience of soldiers and will serve to upgrade some elements of their own Outer Heaven, which can be directly used already in the single player itself.

M
Mr_Dude090 18.04.22

"Information about the absence of a sword in Raiden's arsenal came from comrades from GameInformer magazine, whose hands reached the prologue of MGSV - Ground Zeroes.

There is a possibility of their mistake, but given that they have already studied the game "to holes" - it is extremely small.
When I read this I remembered this fragment myself, so I don’t have 100% certainty in this
matter.But it may turn out that the sword shown in the trailer was simply used as Raiden’s calling card, which was supposed to take part in his presentation, but nothing more. As far as I remember, in the video that demonstrates the gameplay of Jamevu, the sword was never used, which increases the likelihood of the veracity of the information from the GameInformer review.
As it became known, in the new MGS, multiplayer (aka MGO) will be more closely related to single player.
Also, as mentioned earlier, now our Outer Heaven will be more interactive, where the example was visiting the bases of other players while online.
From this it is not difficult to assume that if players can peacefully organize tours of their own bases, they will also be able to test their own army in battle, say, with yesterday's comrade who gloomily joked about the size of your Metal Gear.
So there is a high probability that such battles will be the main increase in the experience of soldiers and will serve to upgrade some elements of their own Outer Heaven, which can be directly used already in the single player itself."
rozil, Well, this is really good news, it will be interesting and replayable. I think over time the developers will tell more details of the new MGO.

r
rozil 18.04.22

Mr_Dude090
So far, these are all arguments, but very real ones. Some of them have already been implemented in Peace Walker, albeit in a different form. Still, I think the main taste will be in the single player campaign.

r
rozil 18.04.22

More good news:
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will go on sale March 21 on PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360. All versions of the game will be accompanied by Russian subtitles.

r
rozil 18.04.22

Exactly like MGS V itself, the PG forum dedicated to it is also divided into two parts. Just in case, for those who are not in the know, the Ground Zeroes forum is here - http://forums.playground.ru/metal_gear_solid_ground_zeroes/

M
Mr_Dude090 18.04.22

"Still, I think the main taste will be in the single player campaign."
Rozil, It's quite possible, we'll wait and see.

r
rozil 18.04.22

Over the past week, a lot of news about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has again appeared.

GAME LONG AGAIN

Jordan Amaro, designer at Kojima Productions, has defended the length of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, the prologue to MGS V, which was recently revealed to be quite short.

“Can Journey and Dear Esther be called long?” - Amaro said, talking with Gamespot, after which he recalled that the volume of Voltaire's Candide was about a hundred pages. “But that doesn’t stop them from being playful and literary masterpieces,” the designer continued. "Attempts to vilify us will not work, and they will not affect what MGS, the Japanese gaming industry, or video games in general are trying to achieve."

According to a new issue of Game Informer, it took the journalist less than two hours to complete the main mission in Ground Zeroes, and testers from Konami boast of records: they can complete the game in just five minutes. Hideo Kojima has previously explained that the prologue should only prepare players for MGS V itself, however, many were unpleasantly surprised that it would be so short, especially considering its cost (between 20 and 30 euros depending on the version).

KEEFER SUTHERLAND ON MGS5

IGN's Eric Goldman recently had a chance to talk with Kiefer Sutherland, including about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, in which the actor plays the role of Snake.

“I had probably 50 metal balls stuck on my face, 50 cameras recorded every movement of my face,” Sutherland said, recalling how the game was created. “The process itself, the technology, what it takes to record just one line, the work of the technicians - it's all just incredible. But when I saw the result... There was a guy who was in charge of the sensors, he's working on his own game; a true master of his craft, the game will surely be great. They decided to show us what they finished working on in Japan. It was a short passage, already completely ready, in which I was on horseback. I rode it, changed from trot to walk and then stopped. I don't know much about games, so I was just watching, and the guy who was watching with me exclaimed, “Oh my God! Your ears are wiggling." Then he looked at his throat and said: "You can see the ripple." I mean, everything looked so realistic, and I kept thinking that soon the movie would be shot like that. They are still in the middle of the road, but they will make such films. And it won't be long to wait."

UNREALIZED IDEAS

Hideo Kojima, while praising the film Rush on Twitter, noted that both the visuals and the mood of the tape reminded him of the 70s. According to him, when developing MGS V, it was planned to pass the image through a special filter to make it look like films shot in the 80s. Alas, in fact, this filter required too many resources, and the developers had to abandon it.

AGAIN PS4 PLEASURE

Hideo Kojima discussed his game in a new video interview with Famitsu, where he also mentioned the PS4 console and its power.

“I think that among all the home consoles available on the market, the PS4 is the best,” says Hideo.
“It's capable of great graphics, it renders gameplay in 1080p at 60fps, and it's got plenty of power to spare. Since it's slightly better than other hardware, the PS4's picture quality is the highest. It's as close to photorealism as we wanted it to be."

JOURNALISTS ABOUT MGS5: GROUND ZEROES

Konami and Kojima Productions held a meeting of journalists in the town of Nasu in the Japanese prefecture of Tochigi, where they allowed them to play Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes. And here are the first impressions of some of the journalists after the complete passage of the game.

Samuel Cassado, editor of Power Unlimited writes:

“Just saw the ending of MGS5 Ground Zeroes. I have goosebumps. Incredible. I'm shocked. Restart and return to the game"

Dazz Brown from VG Resourse shared his opinion on the game's engine, gameplay and length:

"I would like to clarify that the game is definitely not 'two hours'. Ground Zeroes is a great demo of the Fox Engine. The game really makes you look around, because the surrounding objects can be touched and they will make sounds. Each soldier in Ground Zeroes has their own unique appearance, they are not repeated throughout the game.

PlayMagazine's Sam Smith shared what percentage of the game he was able to complete:

“First time I completed Ground Zeroes in 90 minutes. Do you think the game is complete? nine%. I think that tells you a lot."

“A lot of information that we used to get from long cutscenes is now recorded on audio cassettes. Luckily, you don't have to pause to listen to them."

“Playthrough feels faster, less emphasis on cutscenes, more storytelling through gameplay. It is wonderful".

Sergio Penacinni also commented on the length:

“Completing MGS5 in 2 hours is like taking Charlize Theron to dinner and taking her to McDonald's. After I completed the story and one side mission, the game says that I completed 10%. I think it's great."

@DouglasNerd also talked about the gameplay and controls:

"Yes, the main story in the game is a bit short, but in 2 hours you definitely won't find everything that is there"

“The controls are much, much better than in MGS4. It's very easy to do whatever you want, it's easy to interrogate enemies"

"By the way, the frame rate is better on PS4

" "I only played the PS4 version, but Mr. Kojima already said that the PS4 version is better"

"They have two versions here - PS4 and Xbox One . I haven't seen the version from the previous generation.”

Finally, Giacomo Vaccari shared his opinion:

“I played the MGS5 GZ in full stealth mode. Stealth here is the best of all that was before. The controls are more comfortable, but still stay true to the old MGS"

"I found 3-5 different ways to get close to any of the objects using only stealth. Next time I will pass using only weapons.

“The facial animation in FOX Engine is the best in the industry. The game's ending is very emotional and impressive."

MGS 5: Ground Zeroes will be available digitally starting March 20, 2014.

source: http://mgs5.ru/

r
rozil 18.04.22

KOJIMA IS PREPARING A VIDEO SHOWING MGSV: GROUND ZEROES ON VARIOUS PLATFORMS

Hideo Kojima has repeatedly admitted that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will look best on the PlayStation 4 console, and he recommends that all fans play the game on it. But you can't convince people so easily, even if they are the most hardened fans. As a result, Hideo decided to release a video where you can see how the game looks on various platforms.

At the moment, his team is actively working on creating a trailer that will show the differences in graphics on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Kojima notes that YouTube's use of compression will make it difficult for users to appreciate the difference (especially in frame rate), so he recommends downloading the video to a computer beforehand. Well, the best thing, according to the master, is to just try the game on different platforms on your own.

Source: http://mgs5.ru/

r
rozil 18.04.22

Metal Gear Solid V Lets Players Create Their Own Missions

The fact that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will take place in an open environment isn't just Kojima's desire to make a believable world with ample possibilities. Hideo also wants to integrate mobile device support into MGS5 gameplay and allow players to create their own content.

"The main reason for the open world was freedom of action and the ability for players to create their own gameplay. Another reason was the desire to support various devices that enhance gameplay. You can use a tablet or smartphone and enjoy MGS5, as well as create your own missions in the game world. If If the game was linear, then we would not be able to achieve this."

Details of the process of creating missions, their variability and flexibility of the "editor" have not yet been reported. It is also unknown what exactly applications for mobile devices will represent.

r
rozil 18.04.22

Screenshots for comparing graphics in Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes:

Since Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is a multi-platform game, Konami had a chance to show the visual difference of the prologue on current/next generation consoles. These screenshots should help players choose which version of the game they would like to purchase.

PLAYSTATION 3 / PLAYSTATION 4

Daytime

Mission: Nighttime Mission:

XBOX 360 / XBOX ONE

Daytime Mission:

Nighttime Mission:

* As mentioned earlier, in addition to screenshots, a video is also being created that will provide more details for comparison and analysis of graphics on the current and next generation of consoles. About the release date of this joy, we only know that it will be released "later".

r
rozil 18.04.22

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Graphics Comparison Video:

As promised, Konami has released a video showing the difference between the current and next generation consoles. It's also worth noting that the game will run at 720p on Xbox One, while 1080p on PS4.
Our old friends PS3 and Xbox 360 will have 720p resolution, but as for the frame rate... still 30 FPS.

r
rozil 18.04.22

GROUND ZEROES: SPECIAL EDITIONS, CENSORSHIP, CHARACTER NAMES AND VIDEO

So, it's time for the last week's news on Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes!

Hideo Kojima said that he would not mind releasing MGS 5: GZ on the PC platform, but so far he does not plan to make any official statements on this topic. It also became known that those who pre-order the PS3 version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PSN will receive a bonus Peace Walker HD.

PS4 "FOX EDITION"

Last month, Sony and Kojima Productions unveiled a special edition of the PS4 called the "FOX Edition".

A few days ago, the official Sony online store in Japan opened a pre-order for this edition, but the influx of people who wanted to get the console turned out to be so large that the servers of the online store simply could not stand it and fell. The store has now reopened.

Unfortunately, the FOX Edition will only appear in Japan and it is very unlikely that a similar edition will be presented in the US and Europe.

PS4 Fox Edition

In addition, the collaboration between Sony Computer Entertainment and Konami has made it possible for more than just the Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes-style PlayStation 4 to be born.

Sony has just announced that Japanese players who purchase the PS4 bundle with the new Metal Gear Solid will also receive an exclusive bundle, which is shown in the images below.

The pack, unfortunately only available for purchase in Japan for now, will feature an MGS V: GZ cover on one side and a PS4 image on the other. The package size is 53cm x 40cm x 13cm. It's perfect for bringing your new Sony console home.

Exclusive Package

HIDEO KOJIMA DOUBT ALL PLAYERS WILL PLAY METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

Hideo Kojima has some concerns that players won't be able to play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain in its entirety due to the scope of the game.

Some players will likely complain about the short duration of Ground Zeroes, but according to Kojima, when they start playing The Phantom Pain, players will start complaining that they cannot complete the game due to its sheer scale.

“Players may not be able to complete The Phantom Pain story as the game is 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes. I can’t tell you the number of missions available, but The Phantom Pain will offer players a really huge number of tasks.”

Hideo Kojima also added that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain were originally supposed to come out at the same time.

“Ideally, I would like to release the prologue and the main game together, at the same time.”

“It was impossible for us to finish The Phantom Pain in time for next generation consoles. And I felt that many people would want to play a high-end Japanese game. That is, the release of Ground Zeroes is not a strategic move planned in advance.”

The legendary game designer added that by releasing Ground Zeroes in March, the developers will give players the opportunity to try what Kojima Productions is currently working on.

JAPANESE GROUND ZEROES TO BE CENSORED

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has been reported to be censored in Japan. We received this information from the French magazine Jeux Video. This resource reported that the game contains a scene involving the character Paz Ortega, which contains gory footage and violence. So what can we talk about? It is possible that the previously shown surgical operation in the Red Band trailer is that very cruel scene.

Scene

Kojima is absolutely unhappy with this decision of the Japanese censors and stated that they do not understand the symbolic meaning of this scene, which supposedly should remind us of certain moments from MGS 3. Unfortunately, Japanese players will miss the special message he prepared from Kojima in Ground Zeroes.

KOJIMA ON METAL GEAR SOLID CHARACTER NAMES

On his twitter page, Hideo Kojima revealed his inspiration for naming characters in the original Metal Gear Solid game. In addition to the well-known fact that the hero of the movie "Escape from New York" served as the prototype for the main character, there are other interesting explanations.

“The Snake is the most appropriate symbol for a creature that hides its presence by slipping past everyone without noise. Why didn't I use specific names like cobra and anaconda? Because the protagonist is the player himself."

“The word solid was chosen for the reason that it is the antonym of something soft. When it came to the main opponent, it could only be another Snake. From this came the idea of ​​clones and the confrontation between Solid and Liquid."

“Over time, a third Snake was needed. Solid (Solid) and liquid (Liquid) states have already been used, there was gas. However, I didn't like the name Gas Snake, so I used the physical term Solidus, which means the boundary state between solid and gas."

Solid, Liquid, Solidus

JOURNALISTS' OPINIONS ABOUT METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES:

Eurogamer Preview:

- The “Backstory” option is located in the main menu of the game. According to the editor, it offers "the longest and most complete retelling of the events of Peace Walker." Ground Zeroes features “many lengthy audio tracks that push the story even further. He also complains about the complexity of the plot, however, this is something that many Metal Gear fans consider a plus.

- In terms of gameplay, the editor states that "the more you put into the game, the more fun you will get from playing it." Ground Zeroes offers a lot of different strategies, some of which were shown to the portal during the last Konami presentation.

- The Deja Vu mission made the editor very happy, proving to be a “real surprise”. The player will have to "recreate photos of locations in it, reminiscent of the levels of the first Metal Gear Solid." After the photos are successfully taken, you will see a video in which you will be presented with a comparison of your photos with the original.

- The editor found it difficult to distinguish between the voices of Big Boss and Kaz. He believes that with the voice of Kiefer Sutherland, Snake began to sound "too human".

- The final video turned out to be “refined, quite long and exciting”. Skull Face will leave a 7 minute audio recording in which he explains his motives to a prisoner of war.

GameSpot article:

- GameSpot editor doesn't think Ground Zeroes is just a demo, saying it's a "real game prologue";

- He played the game for more than 9 hours and only finished 30%. This percentage includes the passage of all missions, but not in all available ways. The editor also noted that collecting symbols (to open the bonus mission) proved to be a real challenge, because there are many places to explore in Camp Omega;

- He spent about 3 hours on additional missions, getting a bad rating. The editor added that he would like to retake them to a higher rank if he had time. As they rank higher, players will be rewarded with bonus items;

- Slow movement mechanics don't make the game easier. The need to find enemies manually, without relying on the radar, on the contrary complicates Ground Zeroes;

- If you leave the base through one of the exits, you will be asked if you wish to leave the mission and return to the main menu.

French Jeux Video magazine interview with Metal Gear Solid father Hideo Kojima:

Kojima wanted to create Big Boss from scratch in Metal Gear Solid V. Thanks to new technologies, developers will now be able to make a really high-quality character model, up to the implementation of unique facial expressions and small movements. In MGS 5, Snake is a more complex character who seeks revenge and battles his inner demons.

Kojima didn't want to reveal much about Skull Face other than being a very important character and commander of the XOF unit. If you collect all the audio logs in Ground Zeroes, you can learn more about his past. Players will also be able to find themes of pacifism and opposition to the nuclear threat, however, they will not really be revealed in MGS V: GZ.

NEW GAME DETAILS

- Automatic health regeneration will only be available for minor damage. If the player gets seriously injured, they will need to use a medical spray.

- The scriptwriter of the game believes that the average player will need about 8-10 hours to complete the game. One of the testers in the studio spent over a hundred hours on one playthrough to find all the secrets.

- iDroid, a companion app for iOS and Android, will show the places where other players died, as well as the places where they were seen by enemies.

- There will be few cut-scenes in the game. basic only at the very beginning and end.

- There will be no bosses in the story campaign.

- The game has a small diary that tells about the past of different characters and events that took place in the history of Metal Gear Solid.

- The FOX engine looks just great: the best facial animation in the gaming industry, the most believable physics of bullets hitting the body.

- Snake leaves footprints in the mud that the guards can follow later. This is just one of the features that are added at higher difficulty levels. (more: improved field of view of enemies, random patrol paths of guards and searchlights; this is not all - there are many factors in the game that can give your position to the guards).

NEW METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES GAMEPLAY:

Finally, thanks to the efforts of PlayStation Access journalists, a new gameplay video has finally appeared online!

C
Constantine45 18.04.22

It is not known when approximately it will be released? In summer? In autumn?

r
rozil 18.04.22

September 1st.

L
LightColorWave 18.04.22

Well, we are waiting for the end of this epic on September 1, I hope they will bring optimizon to the PC.