3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pagadiks 18.04.22 11:28 pm

TOP i7-4960X Extreme Edition (s2011) used Is it worth buying for $500?

Prots is on the way, and I'm thinking
9 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dart Maul 18.04.22

No, it's not worth it.
If it seems that it's super cheap, it's not, for at least 2 reasons:
1) 4960X is essentially no different from the noticeably cheaper 4930K (I don't know of a single task where 3MB of cache would make a noticeable difference)
2) With the release of the new line of chips (Haswell-E in this case), the previous tops (especially extreme ones) sharply lose in price.
Moreover, if there is an X79 system, then most likely the upgrade will not be significant, and if not, then spending on it does not make sense, since it is already obsolete, it is much easier to take X99 and 5820K, or the older Haswell-E.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.04.22

and if not, then spending money on it does not make sense, since it is already obsolete, it is much easier to take X99 and 5820K, or the older Haswell-E.
looking at the dull motherboards with unsoldered express trains, I begin to think that it was better to assemble the system on older lga2011 models

as for the question whether or not why. the processor runs out this time.
I wouldn’t take it in boo because it’s not known what kind of torture he was subjected to,
however, there is such a contingent of bakers who try to keep the pitch in top condition, so they still sell slightly shabby and tempting leftovers from the master’s table.
Here is a lottery based on the principle of Russian roulette.

P
Pagadiks 18.04.22

DartMaul Proc
works normally, with overclocking 4700 it also issued a 2-year warranty

D
Dart Maul 18.04.22

Pagadiks
What voltage?

P
Pagadiks 18.04.22

4700 at 1.45 and now 4500 at 1.3

P
Pagadiks 18.04.22

Fritz Chess Benchmark issued 25,000 parrots

D
Dart Maul 18.04.22

Pagadiks
4700 at 1.45 and now 4500 at 1.3
Well, this is an average chip. My 4930k takes the same amount after degradation. The new one took [email protected] [email protected] [email protected].

Fritz Chess Benchmark
What is it anyway? Nobody drives this trash, multi-threaded synthetics are either XTU or prime. Or, at worst, cine

P
Pagadiks 18.04.22

But check it out This is a simple feature to check the number of performance parrots

D
Dart Maul 18.04.22

Pagadiks
and check it out
http://hwbot.org/user/dartmaul/#My_Submissions
I, as it were, already checked, in different ways. And I don't like this.