3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
iwerslexx 18.04.22 11:44 pm

Cave of Dreams - failed (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The previously completed quest "The Cave of Dreams" became considered failed after the completion of the "King's Gambit" quest.
I would like to know, maybe someone was able to avoid such a misunderstanding and is it planned to fix this error in the next patches
15 Comments
Sort by:
M
MudrichenkoO 18.04.22

iwerslexx
I don't even remember such a mission

X
XBoy360 18.04.22

iwerslexx
Well, as I understand it, the fact is that dad sends to help him, and when I came, I said that I would not refuse to help for some money, but there was an option to say, they say, from the jarl, he came to help you. And in the end it turns out because of Geralt's dream.

j
jackhack 18.04.22

The son of the jarl whom you helped in the cave of dreams died in the King's Gambit quest, so this task failed.

Z
Zosma 18.04.22

As I understand it, this is not a bug, because, as they wrote above, the Jarl's son dies during this quest.
I have another problem: after completing the "Coronation" quest, the music on all the islands changes to the one that plays during the coronation and even during Gwent, which is the most disgusting, it plays much louder than standard music.

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

jackhake Will
he die in any case or is there a scenario where he will remain alive?
XBoy360
The fact is that the quest was completed, one way or another, and suddenly turned out to be a failure, in my opinion unfairly, if that is how it was intended.

Z
Zosma 18.04.22

iwerslexx
No, there are no options, it is impossible to save.

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

Zosma
It turns out that the quest is doomed to failure, some kind of nonsense.

j
jackhack 18.04.22

iwerslexx
If you do not help Hjalmar and Kerris, in theory he will be alive, that is, skip these quests in general and follow the story, then Sven will be the new king.

p
punck 18.04.22

I didn’t die and also told me that I would not appear on their lands.

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

jackhake
So after all, the quest "King's Gambit" appears only after the completion of the quest "Lord of Undvik", where we help Hjalmar kill the giant.
Well, if you only complete story quests, then naturally nothing will fail (; And Lord Skellige will be chosen without your participation.

j
jackhack 18.04.22

iwerslexx
Don't fool yourself with this quest, it still doesn't affect the plot and the world. For its implementation, they already give experience, and after that it doesn’t matter if it failed or not.

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

jackhake
I realize it doesn't, I just thought there were ways to avoid failing this quest and replay before I got too far.

M
MONAX 18.04.22

iwerslexx
I don't remember this mission, but I understand that you killed Hjalmar?

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

MONAX
According to this quest, in the cave of dreams, I helped Lugas the Blue pass the tests, who was later killed by the berserkers in the mission "King's Gambit", and Hjalmar remained alive, like Cerys, who became the queen.

M
MONAX 18.04.22

iwerslexx It's
strange, but I didn't have such a mission, I played version 1.04 in short, I helped Hjalmar, then Keris then drank with bears, and Keris chose as a queen ------- reasonable to the point of horror, but I didn’t even consider her a failure, okay, anyway, I go through 2 times, I need to look for this mission (I don’t need to prompt, I’ll find it myself)