3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GeraltTHEwitcher 18.04.22 11:45 pm

Combat tactics (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Tell me the travel tactics of the battle with the cyclops and griffins! I'm fine with all the monsters in the game. Most don't concern me at all. I once even hacked a forktail 12 lvl higher than me! But with cyclops and vultures, a complete tryndets !! To put them in my entire supply of potions and bombs is gone! From their blows I now and then take a dozen meters to cast off, I just have time to get up and fly off again. There must be some tactic...
20 Comments
Sort by:
z
zdanu4 18.04.22

well irden pump up to the second level - he will treat you. + oil against the corresponding monster. well, fuck - evaded, fuck - evaded. well, just pump up to an acceptable level)))

C
CryHunter 18.04.22

zdanu4
Quen will help more.

s
seffko 18.04.22

eh, right now I wouldn’t boil myself a decoction of a demon and think why am I flying away :(

t
toxRey 18.04.22

GeraltTHEwitcher
well, e-May, even according to the plot, they showed that to shoot down a griffin with a crossbow, to wet with a sword under Irden. Yes, in general, any big monster falls under an irden, and preferably with a buff from a statue (2nd gain). Well, pump a quick attack or ignite to the maximum ... In general, learn to dodge, directly predict the enemy’s attacks, there are not so many of them to study and remember + 50% of opponents people generally hit the same way.

P
Pon4ik007 18.04.22

I activated the Quen sign and hit with strong blows. As soon as he broke through Quen, I bounced back and activated again. And at a distance he thrashed from a crossbow. Clumsily of course, but at lvl 25 he calmly killed the Archigryphon, who has a skull instead of a level designation. PS: Always move and bounce.

s
shadow326 18.04.22

there is one tactic with almost everyone - do not climb without a quen, two hits - a roll))

v
vzglydizugla 18.04.22

for a crossbow, you still need to use suitable bolts, and not standard ones. I was rescued by well exploding, though not everyone is affected by fire.
As for the Cyclopes, they have such a technique, a blow to the ground, and so after it he stands stupidly for some time, hit from the back: he swings - a slope behind his back, a few pokes and a rollback, we repeat. Yes, and Quen, just in case, if you didn’t have time, you didn’t otgreb.

U
Uruz 18.04.22

The pumped quen helped me a lot.

E
Eugenij_BLR 18.04.22

GeraltTHEwitcher
About the griffin (including tactics): http://www.playground.ru/wiki/witcher_3_wild_hunt/bestiary/hybrids/#wiki-29418
A bit later about the cyclops. The main point, as with other large clumsy opponents, is the Quen Sign and strong attacks, plus do not forget to dodge attacks.

G
GeraltTHEwitcher 18.04.22

Ewgenij_BLR
hmm. and this is interesting. thank you!

G
GONE TO DTF 18.04.22

I don’t know about you, I have one tactic with a set of cats - hit, jumped. always works (except for guards, they must be hit with a strong blow, otherwise they block and counter).
you feel the mob a little and you can do fatter combos - two or three hits.
can be combined with aard - deal a couple of hits, cast an aard and a couple more hits.
well, quen, of course - saves pucanello very often.
variety only with weak opponents like nakers or wolves. there really beautiful combos come out there.

z
zdanu4 18.04.22

CryHunter
agrees, I indicated the wrong sign.

_
_Str75_ 18.04.22

zdanu4
Everyone has their own style of play. Combat and various types of armor give a lot of opportunities ...
Evasion at maximum perk speed, fast attack and quen. Constantly, with the help of the dodge of the old man, go to his opponents in the back or from the flank, and only then strike. And you will be happy. And fluff, for example, a cat, with runes for blood to plug. Already starting from 15%, the modifier often works. He hit the griffin, the blood went away, and now it flutters until a dump is dead on your head))
And the pumped fat quen, breaking, sometimes stuns the enemy very well, but rarely))

S
Shuum 18.04.22

Axius of the 2nd level, and life becomes 150 times easier)) Cyclops just stands and suffers humiliation, since he can be made his own, and all sorts of griffins (those who are not affected by enslavement)): stunned-powerful attack-bounce-stunned-powerful attack -rebound .... repeat until it hoards, in medium armor you can apply signs through a blow, if in Kote - it’s even easier there, usually they begin to bleed from 1-2 blows - and you can somersault around them until they die ...

d
deBerN 18.04.22

Am I the only one who thinks that igni when swinging into signs of imba? Stanlock all mobs, except for these same ogres, but you just set them on fire and mansuesh, I was lvl 25, ogre 30th, set fire to the ogre 1 time and ran away from him -half HP, repeated- dead body.

G
GventPlayer 18.04.22

shaolin111
5 levels monster scatter is nonsense

G
GventPlayer 18.04.22

killed on the last difficulty cyclops 8-9 levels older than me. you just need a normal build to do it. if in the armor of a cat, then quality. fast attacks + use the broth of echidna and twist-twist the whirlwind. Quen shot down - you recast and on a new one. if in bear armor, then you download alchemy (min. 22-23 ur to throw in 40 points), to stubbornly with a decoction of echidna + decoction of the archgriffin (on the instructions, the master armorer received another level 16) and hammer with a strong attack under the quen. 2 way finally easy. in the topic "builds" look there is my build of the alchemist. filled up in it at level 23 10-12 cyclops as good morning.

d
deBerN 18.04.22

GventPlayer
having 29 kills in 2 "releases" of the archgriffon igni on the 48th, do you still think igni is not imba?
Irden with a power of 250+ almost stops time, and you can even stop it.
Quen regenerates HP and reflects damage.
Igni in addition to huge damage, stunlock 90% of monsters.
And do not forget that the cd in the griffin + skills set is almost 1 second.
Aksy and Aarden Useless.

_
_Str75_ 18.04.22

shaolin111
Igni imba, but not a panacea, for those who like to "dance" around the mob, especially considering how wonderfully everything is implemented. And he came, he burned, he won ...)))
I liked the study of close combat, and therefore I prefer a set of a cat with a fast attack and support with signs, and not a griffin with an emphasis on signs. Like I said, everyone has their own style of play. And this is just unrealistically pleasing, the very flexibility of choice

G
GventPlayer 18.04.22

shaolin111
in vain you are so :-) a useful thing. aard is good for circling in tight spaces with a lot of evil people. well, igni is an imba fact, that's why in the topic "builds" I wrote that buildup magic + griffin set + synergy = the most tenacious build. In general, the alchemist attracts me now, because I have already passed the last difficulty as a pure warrior, a pure magician and an alchemist magician (I hammer for 10-12 hours - I can’t tear myself away :-))
now I’m going to be a pure alchemist. Yesterday, with 10 attempts, I probably made my way to Skellige, being myself a level 8 (oh, and the pirates got me with 1 hit), but right now, level 9 and 28 skill points :-)