3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sir Francis Drake 18.04.22 11:45 pm

Griffin and silver sword (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In fact, the griffin is an animal, so why does Geralt use a silver sword and not a steel sword?
22 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cucumber312 18.04.22

Griffin is a monster.

Where did you see such "animals"?

L
LeGioN-67-5 18.04.22

In fact, a drowner is a man, and a rider of a wild hunt is an elf ...

i
iwerslexx 18.04.22

Griffin is a hybrid, not a beast.

M
MudrichenkoO 18.04.22

Kurumi Tokisaki
just lives in his house, so he decided to protect the honor of his pet

S
Sir Francis Drake 18.04.22

Kurumi Tokisaki
I have never seen Dwarfs in my life, but against them Geralt pulls out a steel sword, and the fact that the griffin is like one of the schools, the wolf bear cat snake are also monsters? Then why is the griffin with them in the same row

4hqwer 18.04.22

Wolf, bear, cat, snake, ram, goat, cow - animals. Griffin, dragon - monster. Elementary.

X
XCAL1BRUH 18.04.22

Sir Francis Drake
Griffins are hybrids. The name itself suggests that at least the first representatives of the species were not created naturally. Of course, a cat and an eagle will not make children, which means that this is a hybrid created by magic (conjugation of spheres). All magical creatures are monsters. Not to be confused with those magical creatures that were created by magicians (golems, gargoyles), and not by conjugation of spheres.

If you are embarrassed that the school is called a monster - let's just stop at the option that the griffin school is most focused on magic and they decided to choose the coolest magical creature as a symbol of the school. Or maybe the name of the school is somehow related to the place where it is located.

G
Genesis48 18.04.22

Sir Francis Drake
hmm. I think witcher schools have nothing to do with it.
LeGioN-67-5
drowning man? a humanoid to hell with him, but I would not classify him as a race of people. There is a suspicion that the wild hunt is not ordinary elves either.

A
Aleksandr1398 18.04.22

Genesis48
Aen Elle. Essentially the same Aen Seidhe, but living in a different world.

O
Oxikort 18.04.22

It surprises me ... Why is the CAT school ...? If in the game it is Lynx school ... and this is translated as the LYNX school !!!

X
XCAL1BRUH 18.04.22

Aleksandr1398
Aen Seidhe - the people of the mountains. Aen Elle - people of the plains. Something like this.

s
seffko 18.04.22

According to the book, Geralt has only silver.

A
Aleksandr1398 18.04.22

alekszvorsk
Both those and others are elven peoples.

A
Aleksandr1398 18.04.22

Oxikort
Because "lynx" is only in the console. There is no lynx school in any localization. And not in the books either.

X
XCAL1BRUH 18.04.22

Aleksandr1398
I'm talking about the same thing. Just told the difference.

If anyone is interested in the difference in more detail:
When people started to occupy their territory, Aen Elle went to another world, and Aen Seidhe stayed in the hope that the impudent people would simply disappear soon. Even if it will soon be in a few centuries. For the immortals, it's like falling asleep for us, waking up. But the elves, unaccustomed to change, did not take into account the fact that people living less than a century are very decisive.
(Further goes entirely my IMHO) The result is visible in all books and games in the witcher universe. Racism flourishes, and the "free" Aen Siedhe are nothing more than bandits who do not know anything about what the elves were like before the people.

C
Cucumber312 18.04.22

alekszvorsk
Aen Elle - Alder people.

X
XCAL1BRUH 18.04.22

Kurumi Tokisaki
Ok, I messed up. I have been reading the book for a long time.

R
Razox 18.04.22

4hqwer
What is the School of the Dragon? Wow, I already came up with an awesome script with a digital Bruce Lee in the title role)

S
Shreps 18.04.22

Read the bestiary, by the way, it’s very informative and interesting, once I went through the game I didn’t even read it, but right now I’m reading it for the second time, it’s generally cool))

O
Oxikort 18.04.22

Aleksandr1398
In which console? What are you talking about? Is there a CAT school in English localization ...?