3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergey Tischenko 19.04.22 12:03 am

Fan-made remake of Gothic (Gothic 2)

Hello dear fans. I would like to know what do you think about the idea if the fans will create a free remake of Gothic?
16 Comments
Sort by:
o
oralborne 19.04.22

Yes, a remake, of course, is very good for the first two parts, but I would like this from the developers themselves to be an official re-release.

G
GONE TO DTF 19.04.22

doom998
publisher and developer no longer cooperate.
and the publisher has the rights to the series.

S
Sergey Tischenko 19.04.22

lookaway
Haven't the rights returned to Piranhas since 2015?

D
Dotfear 19.04.22

This is my dream, especially the second Gothic)

M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.22

there are already like 2 or 3 of them in development, I think no one will get worse from one more.

b
borsic14 19.04.22

So they seem to do it, it's called gothic oroliga. Even for a group in VK http://vk.com/oroliga

S

lookaway
Especially JoWood bankrupt

G
GONE TO DTF 19.04.22

Sergey
Tischenko

b
borsic14 19.04.22

Sergey Tischenko
lookaway
Well, in fact, the game can be made by those who made Risen the rights bought out last or this year, but whether they will deal with it is a big question.

S
Series 19.04.22

lookaway
No. The rights to Gothic are held by Pyranha Bytes.

On this topic. To create a full-fledged remake, you need a new engine, new HD textures, models redone from scratch and straight hands. Here one fan enthusiasm, I think, is not enough. You need money and experience. But although several projects are being developed, which to some extent can be called remakes with a stretch. Among them are the following: 1 ) Transferring the game to the
CryEngine 3 engine. Link to the VK group This will add modern effects to the game, but the engine will remain the same. The description of the video in English describes how to put this beauty. Spoiler

S

In general, guys, I need advice and help. I want to make a remake of Gothic 2 on the Unreal Engine 4. I have experience and my hands grow just below my shoulders))) I want to raise funds for development on Kickstarter. But I need to know for sure whether it is legal to remake someone else's game on a non-commercial basis, but taking into account the fact that I will be asking for "donations" on Kickstarter for its development?

b
borsic14 19.04.22

Sergey Tischenko
Better help an already started project if you have direct hands and knowledge of how to use these hands, I threw a link to the most ambitious and promising project in my opinion.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.22

Sergey Tischenko is not
on the kick starter because he assumes that they are buying from you. a simple donation like a voluntary donation can and can. but this does not exclude the fact that piranhas or those who own them or adjacently own the rights to gothic will not wrap you up.
mine also had its own gothic one lol
pix.playground.ru

T
Thetqq 19.04.22

They have everything. Rights passed to the rightful owner.
Sergey Tischenko
Your project will be shut down as soon as they find out about it. It makes no sense to create Gothic on a different engine, no one has canceled authorship. Another thing for myself, but not as a non-public access. Yes, and on ZenGin, Gothic looks many times better, all sorts of edges and other slags. Nobody canceled DX11.

S

I contacted the piranhas... They said that a non-commercial remake can be done, but you can't ask for funding for it

A
Agent_Smit75 19.04.22

Sergey Tischenko

If you still decide to do it for free, then ALWAYS save your mail correspondence, otherwise these bourgeois, if everything works out well for you, and the remake is popular, they can try to get to the bottom of the free version.
For them, MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE, and they don’t need such gratuitous "competitors" either, although they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

P.S. 1
Tip if you do it all the same, leave the basic combat unchanged, you can add a couple of combo attacks, but do not change the basic attack attacks, they are very successful in the original.
Just for example, in Skywind they “changed” the combat quite a lot, those who like Skyrim certainly don’t care, but for example I couldn’t play Skyrim precisely because of the very different combat and interface of communication with the outside world from Morrowind, although the combat in the Sea is also not ideal .
And to be honest, the inventory interface and the map with the minimap in the Sea are the best, again in my opinion.
Wow, I already wrote on some fan site advice on how best to use it. MY opinion would be to make a fight.
This is to take close combat from Gothic 2, ranged combat Either from Gothic 3 or from Oblivion, and the principle of how magic works from Gothic 3, but the pumping system can be done in different ways, but in the Sea it is well balanced, the pumping system there is for me the most "correct" , in quotation marks because this is a matter of taste and they do not argue about them. :)
Although there is another option with melee but it should be disabled, this is a combat system with combos from Blade of Darkness, and disabled due to difficulty, not everyone will like it.

What a long P.S. released. :)