3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vadanok 19.04.22 10:47 pm

Mysterious intermittent freezes for not a few seconds... (Fallout 3)

Peace to your home, gentlemen.

I've been struggling with the problem for the second week and, it seems, I can't solve it on my own, so I'm asking for help...
The essence of the problem is that the game periodically freezes for a few seconds (about 10). This happens both in the gameplay itself and when loading the last saved game ...
I want to tell you right away that I tried all possible ways to solve the problem that are on the Internet (including in the foreign segment) and even more - I tried change any other settings (in game files, video card drivers, BIOS). Drivers, additional software and OS updates are the latest. The problem is observed with any builds and repacks, with and without mods...
The problem is very mysterious... because there is a machine on which it simply does not exist!

In short, there are machines:

1. Core i7-2600/ GTX570/ DDR-III 8Gb/ Win8.1x64.
The problem is relevant. But, when Win7x64 was installed on the same hardware, the problem was not observed and everything flew!

2. AMD FX-4300/ RADEON R7-250/ DDR-III 8Gb/ Win8.1x64.
The problem is relevant.

3. Core 2 Duo E7500/ GeForce 9600 GT/ DDR-II 6Gb/ Win8.1x64.
The problem is not observed ... and everything flies (without additional settings, dancing with a tambourine and immediately after installation)!

That is, it turns out that the iron has nothing to do with it, and the AXIS has nothing to do with it ... And then what does it have to do with it ?! I'm about to go crazy... can someone stop this from happening?
14 Comments
Sort by:
[
[MayzeP_CTaLiHa] 19.04.22

Compatibility Mode? Tried?

v
vadanok 19.04.22

Yes, I tried everything that is offered in the foreseeable space ... besides, on the 3rd machine it goes without any compatibility modes ...

A
Andrey Kolesnichenko 19.04.22

vadanok
Business in 4 nuclear processors. It is necessary either to limit the number of cores processing the game to two with handles, or to tweak the ini-shnik.
http://ru.fallout.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%B8_Fallout_3 - at the bottom, section "fallout indoors".

v
vadanok 19.04.22

Andrei Kolesnichenko
I wrote that I went through all this ... everything is twisted and twisted ... especially on the 1st typewriter, but under Win7x64 everything played perfectly ...

U
Ultravirus661 19.04.22

vadanok
https://yadi.sk/d/xURvvfmhdxmBN
plugin removes stuttering (requires fose) + prevents crashes and increases FPS
just unzip and put in the game folder

v
vadanok 19.04.22

Ultravirus661
Thank you. Installed... doesn't help... even started a new game... but there were crashes when minimizing...

v
vanya1235 19.04.22

Look at the mods, which files are downloaded, I just downloaded a mod that didn’t work, abandoned the game, deleted it, downloaded the game, it didn’t start, it just sometimes happened to start loading the game and I abandoned the flight for 3-5 seconds again, recently I checked all the game files in the folder and found what problem

v
vadanok 19.04.22

vanya1235
Yes, it doesn't matter... on the 3rd machine I installed the first available version - "Fallout 3 Gold Edition + 5 DLC + NMC's Texture Pack [Ru] (RePack/1.7) 2010 | RG" and it immediately went without dancing with a tambourine ... on other machines, all versions have one problem - periodic freezes for 5-10 seconds, moreover, the sound goes on ...

C
Cvoxalury 19.04.22

Perhaps a hardware problem? Check the SATA cables, it happened more than once that they bent due to old age, the contacts deteriorated, and this picture naturally happened in a number of games. Replacing with new ones (preferably with latches at the ends) solved everything.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.04.22

some kind of crap,
I know that there is such a problem with water. if you throw a grenade there, the game freezes and the water shader itself falls off.
if the problem is only on fx and radeon, I assume that this is a problem with the video card drivers.
Yes, and Windows 8 can cause problems because the processors of the core duo and the other two are very different from the first.
By the way, Oblivion had a problem with loading and friezes during this. I solved the problem with a heavily overclocked processor.
I suppose that Fuflaut 3 can do the same, but I didn’t test it on weak hardware.

s
saksnboom 19.04.22

Directive 9th norm delivered?
framework, vc++ runtime what versions?

v
vadanok 19.04.22

Thanks to all who answered, but so far nothing has helped ... some kind of mysticism ...

Cvoxalury I
just assembled the second machine, everything is new ...

saksnboom
On all machines and OS and all additional software was installed from one package, so the versions are the same , plus fresh updates from the microsoft servers...

I don’t even know what to catch on, the first time I have this... probably the problem is in some little thing... That is, what we have... checked: on Win8.1x64 and 2-core works without problems, on Win7x64 and 4-core it works without problems, but on Win8.1x64 and 4-core it does not work ... where to dig?

v
vadanok 19.04.22

It seems I found where to dig ... towards the sound! I changed the
[Audio]
bEnableAudio=0 parameter in FALLOUT.INI (default 1)
and the freezes stopped immediately... it remains to figure out what exactly the reason is...

M
MaksBolotov 19.04.22

hello. there was a bug in the game. The script doesn't work on the big super mutant beast Sarah doesn't want to go to the square. game bought on steam