3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sti11man 23.04.22 12:48 am

New Special Edition Characters (Devil May Cry 4)

Sharing information and our thoughts on the playable characters in Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition.
I'll start by giving a few new details about each:

Vergil will be similar in many ways to his DMC3SE version, but significantly improved and updated. He will also receive some of the moves of Virgil from DmC, thus becoming the most perfect incarnation of all. A new “concentration” mechanic will be introduced for him, which will complement Vergil’s strikes with a special “iaijutsu” fighting style: his attacks will become stronger and stronger as long as he does not take damage and maintains a high style rating. In addition, the "Grim Trick" ability, which allows Vergil to teleport using his "Sword of Delusion", makes his gameplay even more special.

Lady, who will become a playable character for the first time, will receive a fighting style that is drastically different from other DMC4 characters, with a special focus on firearms. Paying attention to ranged combat, the player will feel in a new way.

When playing as Trish, you won't see much emphasis on weapon switching, instead she relies on skillful use of the Sparda sword in various forms. This again makes the play style different from anything you've seen in the game so far.

The game will also feature a variety of new costumes that are fully compatible with cutscenes, giving fans a fresh look at scenes they've seen before.
36 Comments
Sort by:
.MeT. 23.04.22

It's too early to discuss it, we haven't even really seen the game for trish and the lady :)
But in any case, it's a cool idea, apparently the Japanese still feel sorry for their project and they don't want to forget about it and I don't want that. It is necessary to continue Quadrology, and not to engage in restarts!
I'm wondering - Trish and Lady are not demons, how will their energy scale be implemented and will there be one at all?
This game urgently needs multiplayer! As an online - I mean the fight NOW 5 Persians, i.e. VERSUS mode - it will look the same as we play against the Dante boss. THE PRICE OF THIS GAME WOULD NOT BE!!! Online in another form is not needed for this game ...

s
sti11man 23.04.22

Screenshots of Special Edition models in high resolution (view in a new tab):
Spoiler pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
Lazy capcom leaves their graphics at the same level.
diman199120
Trish and Lady are not demons
Did you know that Trish is an electric demon?), just created in the likeness of a human.

S
Skat_N1 23.04.22

diman199120 More like
co-op for two
In dmc3se it was possible to take control of Vergil in the last fight with Arkham and Sparda's Doppelganger with an infinite devil trigger, with the help of a second joy on PS2

M
Mr. Kratos 23.04.22

I watched the gameplay video for Virgil. One gets the impression that he is too imbecile, since he clicks enemies like seeds in an incredibly large number of ways at a low level of play for him. For this only on God Must Die pass.

s
sti11man 23.04.22

Mr. Kratos
They used endless DT, maybe it was super Vergil. Super Dante also blasts a bunch of enemies with pandora.

S
SoldierTF2 23.04.22

I can't wait for summer holidays

.MeT. 23.04.22

sti11man
I know that Trish created Mundus, well she doesn't have a devil mode like Dante, as far as I remember.
She only has superhuman strength, she's not even a Nephilim

.MeT. 23.04.22

Skat_N1
does not need co-op in this game, there is nothing interesting in it. Imagine a boss fight with Dante - it turns out one will distract - the other will beat? O_o
NEED VERSUS MODE ON THE INTERNET!

s
sti11man 23.04.22

diman199120
she doesn't have Dante's devil mode.
She has DT, but there's nothing to hide, since her demonic body is shaped like a human. In DT, she starts to sparkle with electricity, this is the main external change. All this can be learned from the second part of the game (Trish is playable there).

H
Human Machine 23.04.22

Summer is coming. We'll see what they come up with again.
Thanks for the info. ;)

.MeT. 23.04.22

sti11man
I didn't know, thanks for the answer. But Dante is cooler anyway :D

s
sti11man 23.04.22

The new characters will have their own intro and ending scenes. All story missions are available for Vergil, while Trish and Lady will share them similarly to Dante and Nero.

s
sti11man 23.04.22

Judging by the available gameplay demos, the number of animations used in the second round just rolls over. Cheap, very cheap capcom.

s
sti11man 23.04.22

The beginning of the game as Vergil, full opening, poor quality:

Spoiler They decided to build on Deadly Fortune, and this can be considered official confirmation that Nero is the son of Vergil. Until recently, I hoped that this would not happen.

M
Mr. Kratos 23.04.22

I watched the gameplay of Lady and Trish.
The first is very original with its focus on firearms and constant fiery extreminatus, which it arranges with rockets and enhanced shots. I hope that the gameplay behind it will be dynamic.
The second sword has something like the Rebel but with a large size (and at the same time the area of ​​u200bu200bdestruction) and a red glow when struck. There are also fists with boots - a copy of Gilgamesh / Beowulf. Plus the usual pistols and pandora, which it is not clear how she ended up with. The principle of operation has been slightly changed (several shots in a row, the ability to attack in the air). Well, she also perfectly knows how to arrange a trash in DT. I hope, in the end, her techniques will be more original than just combining Rebellion and Beowulf.
While it looks like there won't be any new missions, you can't help but thank Capcom for this gift to all fans: the opportunity to kick demons' asses with new characters with a spectacular, albeit secondary, fighting style. I would like to believe that sales will be good and Capcom will release a full-fledged 5th part.

sti11man

Even without taking into account the endless DT, he arranges trash, waste and sodomy on the screen. Those special hits of his that depend on the scale are just something. You can instantly clear the whole room from enemies, which he did towards the end of the first video.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 23.04.22

That Trish, that Lady, unlike Virgil, are made on ***. Both mostly use techniques inherited from Dante or Nero.

s
sti11man 23.04.22

Mr. Kratos
You can instantly clear the whole room from enemies.
The damage from this move will be tied to the style rating, most likely, plus it will affect enemies with incomplete health. And if so, then this is a carbon copy of the combat system of the indie slasher MitsurugiKamuiHikae (released at the end of 2013
) .

s
sti11man 23.04.22

New gameplay trailer for all five characters:

More Trish:
Spoiler
More Lady:
Spoiler

G
Gabby Freez 23.04.22

ironHAMMER.ms
Well, Trish was already a playable character in the first part. So you can argue from whom what tricks to whom got. And the same Virgil full copy from 3 parts + teleport from DmC + Dante's combos from 3 parts with two swords (Agni and Rudra) + one combo from Nero's Devil trigger, new only concentration, and one move.

J
Just another User 23.04.22

And Gloria, at least there won't be a skin for Trish? )=