3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sania_Killer 01.05.22 09:20 pm

OS won't start

I want to share my problem, and maybe get some answers.
I can't start Windows 10, the circles are spinning endlessly. After calling the recovery menu by 3 restarts of the PC, errors like "You were not able to boot correctly" pop up, the list of launch options and debugging options from 1-9 opens on the F8 key. There is only one way out, it will boot from a bootable USB flash drive, BUT there is a snag here.
In whatever format I would not record the image, Bios refuses to see the USB flash drive, although the USB ports work.
I decided to insert a card reader from the SD card from the phone into the PC, and BIOS sees it perfectly, and it’s even possible to start launching from it, but there are no Windows image files (it seems like you can’t write an image to the SD card, and I can’t do it in any way)
In general, I tried everything I could, I rummaged through all the BIOS settings, and still I can’t see the bootable USB flash drive :(
4 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 01.05.22

Sania_Killer
What happened? Maybe a virus destroyed Windows files. It is advisable to format the flash drive in FAT32, the standard cluster size and poke it into USB 2.0.

M
Marsj 01.05.22

First step: burn the OS image to usb via the Microsoft website using the media creation tool.
Second step: install from usb.

r
requiemmm 01.05.22

Miracles don't happen. If you collect only the mother, PSU, video card and keyboard, stick the flash drive and it is not recognized, there are three options: 1) the mother is faulty, the ports have fallen off 2) your flash drive is faulty 3) someone messed up while recording this flash drive, just try to copy the distribution kit Windows, without any programs for creating bootable flash drives.
There is also an old joke with a battery. Ports on some motherboards fall off when the battery is dead. I watched this on the P5K, I was surprised for a long time, because our older comrades always told us that this battery only powers the clock :) Not only.

S
SonyK_2 01.05.22

requiemmm
requiemmm wrote:
There is also an old joke with a battery. Ports on some motherboards fall off when the battery is dead ... after all, our older comrades always told us that this battery only powers the clock ... Not only.
Yes, it seems that it was "not only" before - changes in the BIOS settings were also saved while there was a working battery. In the instructions for the motherboards they wrote: "To reset the settings, remove the battery." Perhaps because of this, the port settings are lost when the tablet is down, for example, if they are turned off by default.
PSU most recently, the settings in UEFI began to default, when you turn on the computer, an inscription like: "Error, press F1 and configure" (I don’t remember exactly), I immediately thought of CR2032. Checked with a multimeter - "dead". Replaced, set the settings to the desired ones, saved - until they flew off.