3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chizh207 01.05.22 09:20 pm

Problems with pixelation of vegetation and distant objects

Here is an example. This happens in many games. It was similar in the Witcher, I played around with the graphics, it became much better and there is almost no this effect. Only a little on some vegetation and chain mail armor, for example (the chain mail rings themselves are a little pixelated but not very striking) here, in general, the trouble is to tear out your eyes on the example of Near. With the settings of the game and the monitor, the result did not give much. I tried to configure something in the invidia panel, nothing happened either. Save the people, what could be the reason?
24 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 01.05.22

Chizh207
I didn't see pixels, I saw oversharpening, what did I do in The Witcher? What monitor? I would first uninstall the video driver, during the installation of a new video driver, check the clean installation box, select the maximum resolution in the game and start trying different anti-aliasing modes.

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
Monitor AOS I don’t remember what 144Hz it might not be visible in the photo, but in the distance the vegetation on the buildings there is just tin, everything crumbles into pixels, and in fact, close by, I often also played in the Witcher with the settings of the monitor and the game itself, like the picture as a whole is normal, with the exception of small jambs and if it's a matter of sharpness, then I don't understand how to remove it

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
although no, if you open the screen, it’s quite clear that a total tin is happening with the grass there

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
video card driver? or monitor

S
SonyK_2 01.05.22

Chizh207
Chizh207 wrote:
... if it's a matter of sharpness, then I don't understand how to remove it
. Either with the settings in the video card driver, or with anti-aliasing in the game.
... if you open the screen, you can clearly see that there is a total tin with the grass
. On what graphic settings does this happen? - if not the maximum speed, it is advisable to post a screenshot of them.
video card driver? Or
video card monitor. For example, when installing the Nvidia driver, there is such an opportunity as I don’t know about AMD (I haven’t used it for a long time).
Spoiler

P
Pavel Rally 01.05.22

Chizh207
After a clean reinstallation of the video card driver, you don’t have to go there, I never updated the monitor driver, I needed to know the monitor model in order to understand what resolution it had and the same one should be set in the game. Two screenshots, sharpness -50, +50, click on the screenshot, then click on the link to the original. Look for sharpness or clarity in the monitor settings.

M
MunchkiN 616 01.05.22

I haven’t played this one, but at first glance it looks like sharpen, but there are, for example, black dots if these are not compression artifacts. maybe this is some kind of texture decoding error. I have not encountered this.
if this is not a game setting or some kind of solution
in the case of nvidia, I would demolish the geoforce experience along with the driver and settings. and globally set the settings without any improvement in the gamma of sharpness or anything else. separately temporally anisotropic filtering =0. if it's not about her then forcibly 16 always. hatem there was a filtering setting for alpha textures (this is like any kind of grass) and a negative beat of the normals there. I would experiment with these options. if not, this may be the result of incompatibility with the OS if the game engine is old, especially if under dx9.

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
in the monitor settings there is no such item or something like that in the game set the minimum anti-aliasing, it became much better but not perfect, and plus the angles of the objects became worse

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
monitor resolution is standard 1920x1080

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

SonyK_2 played with anti-
aliasing in the game, set the most minimal in terms of vegetation, it became much better, but not ideally, sharp corners appeared on objects, but in general it became much more pleasant to the eye, but still I see that this very sharpness is really too twisted, as if there is nothing in the monitor settings this happens at maximum speed, I played with the settings for a long time in order to somehow remove it, nothing really worked out only after the advice above about smoothing, when I set it to a minimum, it became more or less playable and does not burn my eyes where else to climb, I don’t know, I’ll try, of course, to demolish the driver and reinstall as you write but did something similar before with the same witcher, nothing helped

P
Pavel Rally 01.05.22

Chizh207
I don't have enough clear answers, monitor model to look for advice, what setting did I change in The Witcher? NieR: Automata is a crooked port from consoles, it's better to choose another game for tests. Write in a search engine, PC problem with sharpness.

S
SonyK_2 01.05.22

Chizh207 Chizh207
wrote:
... I see that this very sharpness is really too twisted ...
Sharpness can also be adjusted in the driver, in the Nvidia panel like this:
do in the "Program settings".

... as if there is nothing like that in the monitor settings ...
It's hard to say anything without knowing its model.
PS In my "old man" (bought almost 10 years ago) there is only the "Clarity" setting, set to 100%.

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
, I honestly don’t remember about the settings in the Witcher. Monitor model so I understand it?

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

SonyK_2
thanks, there is an effect from adjusting these parameters

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

SonyK_2
but honestly it didn't help much at all

S
SonyK_2 01.05.22

Chizh207
Chizh207 wrote:
...Monitor model so I understand it?
If correctly defines - yes, it is. Or look at what is written behind the screen.
Spoiler
... did not help much at all Did
the adjustment in the driver help? And what about the monitor itself, what parameters are there?

PS It was written above correctly:
Pavel Rally wrote:
...NieR: Automata is a crooked port from set-top boxes, it's better to choose another game for tests...
If such problems are mainly in this game, then the problem is in it itself. You can try to fix something by "conjuring" in the driver with all the settings, but not the fact that it will help.

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

SonyK_2
the problem in all games is just somewhere strongly expressed due to the quality of the apparently graphics of the game itself, and somewhere not really on the monitor itself yes there are designations the same model as your monitor

P
Pavel Rally 01.05.22

Chizh207
I googled, AOC G2460PF Settings, I downloaded a pdf file with a description from the first link, in the settings there is an item - Sharpness, read a lot of useful things there, there is even a "Game" mode.

Before I start changing settings in the monitor, I would reset the default settings in the video driver.

C
Chizh207 01.05.22

Pavel Rally
for some reason this item is not available for me, it is there but it glows faded gray and when I switch it it just scrolls and shows the next item

S
SonyK_2 01.05.22

Chizh207
Chizh207 wrote:
...the problem in all games is just somewhere strongly expressed because of the quality of the graphics of the game itself, but somewhere not really ...
... for some reason this item is not available, it is there, but it glows faded gray and when I switch it just scrolls through and shows the next item.
What cable is the monitor connected to the computer with? - maybe its version (older than the vidyuhi interface) does not allow this setting to be enabled. Either the cable itself is of poor quality (for example, all the cores are not soldered), or the monitor has a problem.
...the same model as your monitor
I don't have the same monitor, I just inserted a picture from a similar model, it turned out I guessed right... ;)