3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MK0318 04.05.22 11:39 pm

2 sticks of RAM and nothing.

Hello.
Mother: GIGABYTE GAMING X AX Z490
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU: GIGABYTE NVIDIA rtx 3050 8gb
RAM: DDR4 32 (2x16) CORSAIR CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 3200MHz
PSU at
850w that when 2 RAMs are (according to the instructions) in slots A2 and B2 - nothing starts, the speaker signal 5 times, reboot, and then at least 100 times it is ready to beep. Tried other combinations of slots and the result is the same. The computer only starts when the RAM is in slot A2.
The story began after assembly. There was also an old bios f4, the computer started up with 2 RAM sticks in A2 and B2. Under load, there was a blue screen or program crashes (game, chrome, etc.). All drivers are new, Windows was 10 and 11, I tried everything with drivers. After I updated the BIOS to F21, everything worked fine for 2 hours, then the computer turned off and turned on again after 12 hours. And the same problems started. I checked the contacts of the processor, they are all in good condition, all at their own angle and there are traces of contacts on the CPU in one place (nothing moved when clamped), I also checked the RAM slots, everything is whole.

Any ideas?
2 Comments
Sort by:
r
requiemmm 04.05.22

That is, if you run only the mother with the RAM, video card, monitor and keyboard, the system does not start? Well, then it remains only to distort all the contacts again, change the battery, try to plug in another PSU and, with a clear conscience, look for a master or a new motherboard. It is possible that during assembly or transportation, the element was brushed off the board or the track was cut off, in general, the user has nothing to do there.

S
SonyK_2 04.05.22

MK0318
MK0318 wrote:
... when 2 RAMs are (according to the instructions) in slots A2 and B2 - nothing starts ...
Separately, each of the bars in all slots works?
...speaker signal 5 times...
If short, this is possible:
Spoiler
Most likely, poor contact of the CPU with the legs in the socket, or (as an extreme option) there are really problems with the processor itself.
...Any ideas?
To begin with, make sure that the processor normally contacts in the socket - check that all the legs are not bent. Usually, during installation, it may have a slight backlash - if there is, do NOT press on the top of the CPU (under its own weight) so as not to bend the legs in the socket (!!!), shake it in different directions to "grind" the contacts on the process itself with socket heads.
Then check each of the modules separately - in different slots, including those where they will stand in a two-channel. To be sure, you can run each one with Memtest, which works from under the BIOS, and not in the OS (there is one).
If both bars work fine separately, try to insert into the required slots (A2 / B2) not both at once, but one at a time - first the first one: start, go into BIOS, check if it is detected correctly. Completely turn off the computer, add a second one, check in the BIOS. If both modules began to be detected in the required slots, it is advisable to additionally run them together with Memtest (at least one "pass" completely) and see if there are any errors.
... Under load there was a blue screen or program crashes ... I updated the BIOS to F21, everything worked fine for 2 hours, then the computer turned off and turned on again after 12 hours. And the same problems began ...
If possible, check with another PSU, obviously good.