3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The happiest 05.05.22 12:26 am

Remove overclocking msi gtx 970 gaming

Hello. Tell me who knows if it's possible to somehow remove the factory overclocking of the msi gtx 970 gaming video card?
And then the crashes in the game got in 1 game with the error GRAPHICS_DEVICE_REMOVED Error, I read that this also happens due to factory overclocking, I already dismissed other options for crashing games.
27 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 05.05.22

The Happiest
1. Lower the frequency sliders in MSI Afterburner.
2. Flash the BIOS from the version where overclocking is less. Get bios from techpowerup.
I preferred the second option for myself in a similar situation.

T
The happiest 05.05.22

Ryazancev,
and in variant 1, where is it? Honestly, I have never done anything like this and I don’t rummage, how and what can you explain in more detail? An error variant in 1 specific game can be due to overclocked video even if overclocked from the factory?

R
Ryazancev 05.05.22

The Happiest
Spoiler

T
The happiest 05.05.22

Ryazancev
Thank you, but how much - to bet?

E
Evil in the flash 05.05.22

The Happiest
Each of the two values ​​of the values ​​in the minus at 10-20 mHz and immediately tests after each change, so you will find stable frequencies.

M
Marsj 05.05.22

The Happiest
Look at the characteristics of the video card without overclocking and set the same frequencies.

E

Marsj
Well so too it is possible, it is possible to turn out faster. But it's better to spend a little time and find a middle ground so as not to lose much in performance, especially since the video card is far from new.

T
The happiest 05.05.22

I set both parameters to minus as much as possible, the same error and crash in wwe 2k22, did not help. Does it make sense to sew a bios or are there other options?

E

Most Happy
Problems in just one game? Others don't have it?

E

Googled a little. A topic related to this error in this game has already been raised on Redit and other foreign sites, but no one offers anything sensible, only advice on lowering graphics and limiting fps, etc.

T
The happiest 05.05.22

Evil in the flash
yes only in this game. In other norms everything. But on the root tracker, many people do not have such a problem with the same repack

M
MKUltra 05.05.22

Try to increase / decrease the voltage of the core, it can work.
In MSI AB Ctrl+F and play around with curve settings.
To get started, check the nominal voltages and frequencies through GPUZ, look at them already.
If something is not clear, write

T
The happiest 05.05.22

MKUltra
is not clear and in terms of curve settings, I opened the program, pressed Ctrl + F and nothing

P
Pavel Rally 05.05.22

The Most Happy
I don't understand why to scoff at the video card because of one curve of the game, I would limit fps 60, put low graphics settings except for resolution, if it doesn't help, to hell with the game!

T
The happiest 05.05.22

Pavel Rally
the child really wants to play it, and unfortunately there is no alternative, the previous parts are not the same

P
Pavel Rally 05.05.22

Most Happy
Try my advice.

T
The happiest 05.05.22

Pavel Rally
Tried, did not help

M
MKUltra 05.05.22

The Happiest
Download and run GPU Z, play for 10 minutes, then in Gpu Z on the Sensors tab look for the GPU Clock line and move the mouse on the red graph and look for the maximum frequency value at which the card worked. As you find it, look for the GPU Voltage line here and project it vertically (well, at least approximately) from the maximum frequency value onto the voltage graph and see what voltage corresponded to this frequency.
It is advisable to look at the PrefCap Reasons line; it should be pure gray, without stripes of different colors (green, blue, orange).

Further, knowing the max. the frequency at which the card operates and the voltage for it, open the curve in Msi AB.
For example, the frequency is 1950 MHz at 1.080 V.
We look at the horizontal axis on the graph and select a point with a voltage, well, let's say 0.950 V, click, press Shift and select everything to the right, including the selected point. Press Shift + Enter and enter the desired frequency for this voltage. For example, we try to leave the same as it was 1950 MHz. Shift+Enter again. Next, in the right window MSi AB, click Apply. The section after the initial point should remain horizontally straight to the end. If a step appears on the right, then the voltage is too low for this frequency, you need to take more (or lower the frequency), press Reset and start again.
Everything, we check in the game, we play for about 15 minutes, if everything is fine, the frequency set is stable, then you can still reduce the voltage, to 0.925 V, for example, and again into the game. If, on the contrary, the frequency is lower than the specified one, or there are artifacts in the game, then it is necessary to increase the voltage.

M
MKUltra 05.05.22

Increasing the voltage in the same way. We select a point, set the frequency and forward.
You can set the frequency to less than the factory one, or more.
You can try to drop the frequency very strongly with voltage.
Just don't push too hard. +0.05 factory, no longer needed

P
Pavel Rally 05.05.22

Most Happy
Absolutely misdiagnosed problem! It turns out that the GeForce GTX 1060 video card is in the minimum requirements, after that I see no reason to try to run the game on the GTX 970.

Out of curiosity, I wrote in a search engine, WWE 2K22 GRAPHICS DEVICE REMOVED, many sites and not one intelligible solution, I translated through Google translator, options: run the game in windowed mode, update the graphics driver.

The child needs to be explained that life is full of disappointments, you can’t play normally.