3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Axonis 11.05.22 12:14 am

Loading textures (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Hello!

Please tell me:

What could be the problem of loading textures?

PC configuration

Gtx1060 3gb
I7 3770
8gb 1 ddr 1600 1x

I read on the forums or in the video they say that loading textures can be long due to the fact that the game is on HDD, not on SSD and recommends buying an SSD and betting exclusively on it.

Could this be?

Also, for example, in Need For Speed ​​​​Heat, the textures are not only not loaded, but are loaded literally before our eyes and in Riva it shows hdd loading - 100%, the textures are loaded and 0%, I start moving - 100%

Is it because it's not on the SSD ?

On video reviews such as my configuration, everything is fine, but it is not indicated there with HDD or SSD
5 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex one 11.05.22

Axonis
Yes, everything is bad with you.
Memory 3 GB, RAM in a single channel, the percentage is old and weak. Yes, and on xd.

K
KIBERMAX 11.05.22

Axonis
3 gigabytes on vidyaha is not enough for this game, 8 gigabytes of RAM is not enough for this game.

S
Sam_FisherPG 11.05.22

Axonis
_ I have this game on 2 computers on one license on the second with a crack, and in both cases the game is on the HDD, and in the texture settings they are set to the maximum everywhere, and I haven’t seen this, the configs are a piece of iron in the profile, + even when instead of GTX 1160 was a GTX 760 with 2 Gb, the textures were average, and again I did not observe this. Therefore, I conclude: that most likely you do not have enough 8 Gb of RAM, well, or either a hard drive is dying, but most likely the first is a banal lack of resources for the game.

S
SonyK_2 11.05.22

Axonis
Axonis wrote:
...for example, in Need For Speed ​​Heat textures are not only not loaded, but are loaded literally before our eyes and in Riva it shows hdd loading - 100%, textures are loaded and 0%, I start moving - 100%
I don't know on which In graphic settings, this happened, but on my bucket the game "ate" ~ 3.5 GB of video memory (MEM parameter on the video) and more than 8 GB of RAM (RAM, the game itself, along with the OS and other processes). There were no problems - the game was on an SSD, and the performance "rested" on the vidyuhi (video under the spoiler).
If the game ran on the same settings (like mine) and the resolution was at least 1600*900, it's not surprising that it lacked video memory and RAM (replacing some textures with others). Therefore, during the movement, constant loading from the disk occurred, and it was 100% busy.
SpoilerConfig in the profile and captions under the video.

In RDR2, apparently the same thing - due to lack of video memory (on the screen you can see that it is loaded almost to the maximum) ...
Spoiler
..., there is a constant replacement of textures. Some games are able to "dump" part of the data from the video memory to the RAM (if it is enough), and when the RAM is back to back (especially in a single channel), the data will be constantly loaded from the disk. If its read speed is not enough - it will most likely be so on a regular HDD (especially if there is only one disk and is used simultaneously by the game and the OS), the data will not have time to load from it (in this case, textures).
... On video reviews such as my configuration, everything is fine, but it is not indicated there with HDD or SSD
Possibly an SSD. In games with large open spaces (where there are no separately loaded levels / rooms, etc.), data loading is more often used to draw new objects in the frame. In such it is better to use an SSD (especially if it is separate, not used by the OS itself) - their reading speed is higher (especially when NVMe) and the access time to different parts of the disk is the same. On the HDD, data written on the outer radius of the "pancake" is read faster than data written closer to the spindle, due to the difference in circumferences. Defragmentation can partially solve the problem (if the game is installed relatively recently, and the defragmenter is able to move newer data to outer radii), but still, the read speed of even a regular SSD (SATA 3) will be higher than that of the same HDD.

s
sevapva 11.05.22

I have had this several times. although it shouldn't. game on ssd system on m2.
Reinstalling the video drivers helped.