3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Salyarych 11.05.22 12:21 am

Sound is muted in the game (Farming Simulator 22)

After pressing the Tab button (switching equipment), the sound completely disappears in the game.
Disabled mods. The situation has not changed. Started a new game without mods - the situation has not changed.
Reinstalled sound drivers just in case. The situation has not changed. What is the problem - I can not understand.

The game is licensed.
Please help with solving the problem.

PS
In other games with sound, everything is fine. The sound disappears only in FS22.
I'm using Asus xonar u7 mkii sound card.
If you turn off the sound card, the situation in the game does not change.
Mother with built-in sound - asus rog strix b450-f gaming.
3 Comments
Sort by:
s
sergey3522 11.05.22

Update the drivers for the sound card, it worked for me

S
Salyarych 11.05.22

In the incentive I found info that the sound can disappear, for those who have sound 7.1
It all started with an update with olive equipment. We'll have to put a pirate with an old patch.

S
Salyarych 24.05.22

Fixed the problem. I'll post the solution in case someone comes across something similar.
There is an Asus rog strix b450-f gaming II
motherboard. The motherboard has a 7.1 SupremeFX S1220A sound card.
Since I had another motherboard installed earlier, I used an external sound card to improve the sound. Namely, Asus xonar u7 mk II. The sound card also has 7.1 sound and intelligent sound settings (comes with the software).

The problem was this. Previously, both the built-in sound card from the motherboard and the external sound card worked in a balanced way. But, after updating the external card drivers, conflicts began.
It turns out that on this motherboard, additional Sonic Studio 3 software is installed to ensure sound normalization. By installing this software, the conflict between the built-in and external card was eliminated. Although, I want to note, this motherboard software is not active (it hangs in the tray, but is not used, it eats up 2.5 mb of RAM). When manually shutting down Sonic Studio, the sound in the game disappears again!

Additional infoI know someone may have a question, why do I need to use an external card, if the motherboard has almost the same sound card. The answer is simple - it's in the software. An external card has better software for sound settings. After the settings for myself, I like the sound through an external card - I like it more. Yes, and in games the sound is better, again because of the gaming software for sound. This is what causes the use of an external card, instead of the built-in one.
I don’t disable the built-in card just because the external card works via USB and at any time (without resetting the settings) I can reconnect it to another computer.

What does the asus rog software have, exactly, to the FS22 game, I did not understand. In other games, without these dances, everything works perfectly.