3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yoox 11.05.22 12:21 am

Stuck on dragon screensaver (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

I didn’t play for 3 months, I decided to launch it and then such a miracle. Of course, this is not the first time (every time I install such garbage), but this time nothing helps (sound purity is 48, RUSSIAN is registered, I tried all the compatibility). Are there any other ways to deal with this besides reinstalling?
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
Ser777 11.05.22

yoox
Sound set to 16bit 44khz set compatibility to win 98
Go to Documents / My Games / Skyrim
In the Skyrim.ini file, change:
sLanguage=ENGLISH
to:
sLanguage=RUSSIAN Set
the file properties to "read-only" (otherwise, the next time it starts, it will change again in English)

P
Pril Balsam 11.05.22

yoox
In the FAQ, the solution to your problem
http://forums.playground.ru/elder_scrolls_5_skyrim/714347/

y
yoox 11.05.22

Ser777 tried
all this (he would have reinstalled it long ago, but he hesitated to install mods and check their performance, the last month of the game was just doing that.

M
Morder07 11.05.22

I had a similar garbage after reinstalling Skyrim, the problem was with the Dragonborn DLC. Then Steam loaded a couple of gigs of localization for it and everything worked out. Turn off mods and add-ons one by one, it can start without any.

y
yoox 11.05.22

Morder07
But it was launched 3 months ago

M
Morder07 11.05.22

yoox
Well, the game has been updated and now not all plugin mods can be compatible

y
yoox 11.05.22

Morder07
The game was definitely not updated

L
Logoped_92 11.05.22

every advice that is written here will not help you, just as it did not help me ...
then I came across another crazy advice that actually turned out to be effective:
go to the folder with the game, right-click on the TESV icon itself, select properties, then compatibility and put on compatibility with Windows 98
, at first I also thought that this was one of the dumbest tips, however, it turned out to be wrong ... everything turned out and the game no longer hangs on the dragon logo at the beginning of the game
strange, but it works :)

A
Anton1111008 11.05.22

Everything is simple to disgrace) just try and do not thank. Just click to start a new game. After downloading the save at all, you just have to wait for the Execution until it becomes possible to download