3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
jose 1725 11.05.22 12:42 am

Xenomorph vision and senses theory (Alien: Isolation)

My theory was confirmed!

Earlier I wrote about the theory of their perception.

1) They see the electric potential of objects (remember in WUA2 the vision mode when everything was gray). Thanks to this, they can see even in complete darkness. Apparently some receptors hidden in the region of the upper jaw are responsible for this.
2) They feel pheromones and do it very well, and they can accurately determine the location of the source and the general outlines of the target (apparently a special part of the brain is connected here).
3) They hear ultrasonic frequencies and communicate using them. Apparently their hearing is well tuned to them.
4) They maintain with each other and especially with the queen some kind of telepathic connection.
And they don’t have eyes and they don’t need them, since their sensory organs are much more perfect.

The theory of orienting and finding victims by smell and noise is confirmed! Those who played probably remember the moments when the xenomorph sniffed, trying to catch the pheromones of the victim, or seemed to be looking around. The fact that they have no direct vision is a fact! They pick up vibrations in space. I tested this theory by luring the alien to me and standing in front of him. He did not immediately find me, although I was standing half a meter from him! But as soon as I moved slightly, he immediately attacked with a screech! This confirms the theory written above.
8 Comments
Sort by:
j
jose 1725 11.05.22

Purely neighing

S
SadSam 11.05.22

jose 1725
They see the electrical potential of objects (remember in WUA 2 the vision mode when everything was gray).
AvP has nothing to do with the Alien universe.
They pick up fluctuations in space. I tested this theory by luring the alien to me and standing in front of him. He did not immediately find me, although I was standing half a meter from him! But as soon as I moved slightly, he immediately attacked with a screech!
This is just a bug, or a defect of the developers, the alien AI is often naughty in isolation, so it’s not worth putting arguments based on experiments in the game)

_
_Irbis_ 11.05.22

In my opinion, echolocation, like in dolphins or bats, and infrared vision, like in snakes, are the simplest and most likely options for their perception. It's really stupid to talk about it. It doesn't seem to me that when creating Alien a few decades ago, the filmmakers thought about such details. The main task was to create an alien, incomprehensible, unlike anything and fearsome creature. They did a great job with it.

C
Cryptor 11.05.22

It's funny ... As if the conversation is about some kind of living and existing being in real life!

In general, in the case, you should not draw any conclusions based on computer games. There, the xenomorph does not have any of the senses listed above. This is just a piece of code, "xenomorph feelings" in the game are just triggers and scripts that work when certain conditions are met.

About the feelings and sensory of a xenomorph, you need to ask a person who, thanks to his imagination, came up with this monster. And it is up to him to decide what the xenomorph feels and how he sees, or those who bought the rights to this monster.

S
SadSam 11.05.22

Cryptor
, well, you can dream up)
in fact, the alien has changed repeatedly, and will still change many, many times by different people, and what to consider officially is not entirely clear;
the same Cameron in the second series of Aliens changed them, making strangers, in my opinion, more primitive, something like ants with a queen, wars and drones, when the creature originally created by Giger and Ridley was sort of like a hermaphrodite, and did not lay eggs

199111 11.05.22

Aliens see, they have a small view, they are well guided by sound and feel magnetic electrical impulses well, they don’t touch androids, because they don’t emit anything in terms of organics, let’s say that it’s impossible to make an incubator out of them, unless the android attacks on a stranger, they can change direction at high speed, guided only by the sound, they also have an incredibly fast reaction, like snakes, it is possible only with ordinary alien drones like or whatever they are, not with all sorts of prytorians or alien predators, ordinary aliens react faster than these. Highly developed instincts and the ability to mimicry give him an undeniable advantage in a fight, they react in a split second to a change in bodies in space like this. When absorbing biomass, aliens can change their structures, but outwardly they can have minimal changes,in avp and avp 2 requiem in the film, the aliens differed in appearance if anyone noticed and in the internal structure, avp 2 requeim there the alien lays eggs or what he lays there from them the first generation or the first kind of aliens appeared as you like and call the most primitive they they died like flies and not because their predator crumbled left and right and people killed, in short, in the first avp the queen gave birth to them there, they gave birth to cocoons, and in avp 2 they got out of a person, those whom the queen gave birth to they were smarter than the rest. If only in avp 2 requiem in the movie, otherwise someone would think that aliens of the second generation were born in the game, then maybe everything would have turned out differently, aliens like predators seem to have a rank like that, but all the same, aliens have a primitive intelligence, not counting the queen, outlaw and praetorian,a predator has the intelligence of a human or perhaps smarter.

199111 11.05.22

Who watched AVP 1, remember the epic fight between the alien and the predator, the Celtic predator was still called, he fought with the alien for the third generation, and in general it was better to study at biology school.

S
Skaary 11.05.22

androids are not touched, because they do not emit anything in terms of organic matter, let's say that

they do not touch Androids because they do not emit moisture when they breathe.