3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tulkin 11.05.22 09:11 pm

64Gb low write speed

Goodnight!
I installed a memory kit for 2400Mhz 64Gb (CMY64GX3M8A2400C11R) in the Aida test, the write speed dropped. reading 59 writing 43 copying 59, who knows what could be the matter, the slots work all the rules, before that there was KNH1866 8 dies of 4 total 32 hectares for everything in the test there were 52. Mother X79-Deluxe, 4930 percent, XMP profile 1 ,3 I'm suffering for two days, I can't understand why the recording speed is low.

6 Comments
Sort by:
t
tulkin 11.05.22

D
Dart Maul 11.05.22

In short, these are the features of the controller with different chips.
I also read faster on CFR 2133 9-11-10 than on Samsungs with 2400 9-11-11.
In addition, Ivy-E does not like high memory multipliers, if you plug in a strap it can feel better.
In general, of course, if you bother with the topic of memory, then you need to set the timings by hand, CR2 is, as it were, not an option.

t
tulkin 11.05.22

DartMaul
Good afternoon!
Thanks for the help, when you turn on CR1, at different frequencies, part of the memory modules falls out at once, strap 125 and above does not start the memory. In the old kit, which is a team of two identical ones for 1866, which also has CR2 picture 2, and the speeds are the same. And how much was your write speed lower?

D
Dart Maul 11.05.22

tulkin

That's what's on the Samsung now. On the old hinix there was a difference of about 3GBs between writing and reading.

On the topic does not brag - it is necessary to raise the voltage, primarily VCCSA. 8x8GB is generally hard for a processor, I would put 1.15v on VCCSA (aka System agent) and the same amount on VTT

t
tulkin 11.05.22

DartMaul
According to my XMP profile, it goes to the controller 1.2, and on the plate at 1.65 it goes, which is the most interesting, I tried different settings, it doesn’t start overclocking more or lowering the timings, I even used additional phases for memory in no other way than factory overclocking does not pull.
I also noticed an interesting feature, testing one module at a time, into the slot in which the new module was located, I put the old one in it, the write speed decreases by about the same percentage 15 12 15, I rearrange it to another slot, which was empty, aligns 15 15 15, I take out the old one, install the new one, it becomes 19 19 19, rearrange it into another slot, a new bar, it becomes 19 15 19, I thought there might be a problem with the channel, repeated the same procedure, swapping the slots in the end, the slot that showed the fall showed normal, and in which there was an even correspondence, showed a fall.
Somewhere, 4Giga is lost from the channel to recording, which is the most interesting, after changing the dice in the empty slots, from the old to the new, the speeds are equalized, and if the recording speed is lost in the reverse order, somewhere, in the BIOS, there is still a setting, which is determined automatically and when choosing a profile, XMP does not change, but only when installing a new plate in an unused slot. How much memory do you have and how many sticks do you have?
What is most interesting, I took this memory because. The manufacturer of the memory indicates that it is for my motherboard.
http://www.corsair.com/ru-ru/vengeance-pro-series-64gb-8-x-8gb-ddr3-dram-2400mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy64gx3m8a2400c11r

D
Dart Maul 11.05.22

tulkin
I have 4x4 (in principle, there are 4x4 more 2400c9 chips in the nightstand, but I don’t need them)

It’s not the motherboard that works with memory, but the controller, which is in the process. Mother simply provides transportation.

In general, I think you are here
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?288873-Ram-performance-drop-X79-2400-divider