3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Loki DS 11.05.22 09:34 pm

The game won't start! Help me! (Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter)

The game won't start. And every time you start a file like SamHD.exe.1244.STEAMSTART is created in the bin folder - what do you suggest to do?

When you poke into SamHD.exe, the computer does not give any reaction, and with all this, the file described above is created in bin. what should i do to start the game? My OS is XP.
12 Comments
Sort by:
c
cream 11.05.22

WHAT VIDEO CARD DO YOU HAVE?

L
Loki DS 11.05.22

WHAT VIDEO CARD DO YOU HAVE?

Yes, it's not a matter of vision. ATI does not plow on the laptop, Nvidia also plows on the computer. And on the 3rd computer, it generally went ancient ...

S
Seymur net 11.05.22

The guy on the English forum seems to have found a solution to the problem File read error or file missing: content/serioussamhd/locales/enu/fonts/standartfont.fnt
But a very accurate translation is needed! Help who can.

I had the exact same problem (only game not working from all the stuff i bought over the steam holiday sale!). After searching these and the serious sam forums i still couldn't find anything relevant. I had also tried 3 reinstalls 4 verify integrity checks and numerous reboots to no avail.

I got an idea (from when i had to prevent that gamespy comrade crap (came with crysis) for installing) about all those first installation steps that occur with the first launch. I had installed this and other older games through steam that had that damned MS Visual C++ 2005 redistributable as a requirement as well. (stop clogging my system!). During the SSHD launch no errors with it but seemed to hang a bit and then vanish.

So I went into the control panel and removed all of those (2 instances for some reason). Then went to through the reinstall and verify game cache process one more time before launch (re-installing what should have been now the only copy of MSVS2005 redistrib) and BAM the game launched right up without the missing standardfont.fnt error. so far no other problems with it.

i'm running on XP SP3 for what it's worth.

Now then I just have to order a new video card so i can play it on higher-than-low settings

hope this helps!

-- soupcan

ps i'm on a 4-year old fragbox 2 - athlon x64 dual core 3800+, 2GB ram, with a 7800GT (256mb) - i'm assuming a 9800 GT w/ 1GB memory should make a decent difference, any thoughts? (i know its an older system but i've tweaked the hell out of it and it still plays most stuff awesomely at 1280x1024 and I can't afford to upgrade anything else for a while) God i miss 2006 when I was top of the line specs

k
klimchort 11.05.22

lope should weigh the game installed?

D
Deusgold 11.05.22

1.04 GB

L
Loki DS 11.05.22

I weigh 900mb

L
Loki DS 11.05.22

seymur-net translation:

I had exactly the same problem (only the game didn't work out of all the things I bought for a holiday ferry sale!). After searching these and serious sample forums I didn't find anything relevant. I have also tried 3 4 re-check integrity checks and numerous reboots to no avail.

I have an idea (since when I was to prevent this crap GameSpy comrade (entered into crisis) to install) about all these first installation steps that happen from the first run. I installed this and other old games via steam, which has this damn MS Visual C++ 2005 redistributable as a requirement as well. (Stop clogging up my system!). The SSHD starts up with no errors with it but seems to hang for a bit and then disappear.

And I went to the control panel and removed all of these (2 cases for some reason). Then went through to reinstall the game and check the process cache again before starting (reconfiguring what should now only be one instance of MSVS2005 redistributed) and BAM started the game right up without the missing standardfont.fnt error. so far no other problems with it.

I'm running XP SP3 for what it's worth.

Well I just ordered a new graphics card so I can play on higher than low settings

hope this helps!

- Soupcan

P.S. I'm on a 4 year old fragbox 2 - Athlon x64 Dual Core 3800+, 2GB RAM, 7800GT (256mb) - I'm guessing the 9800 GT w/ 1GB RAM should make a decent difference, any thoughts? (I know its an old system but I'm optimal to hell and it still plays most things awesomely at 1280x1024 and I can't afford to upgrade anything else for a while) God I miss 2006 when I was top of the spec line

Here next time use http://translate.google.ru/

S
Shad 11.05.22

where can i find direct x update for serious sam hd?

N
Night Hound 11.05.22

Why update something? The game itself should update all the drivers it needs.

A
Alex vezo 11.05.22

People, I'll touch on a long-forgotten topic. I had such bullshit with serious sam the first encounter. I just changed the date on my computer to 2010 and it worked. I don’t know how the performance of the game is related to the date on the computer, but the fact is that everything is arbeiten !!! By the way, changing firewood does not change the weather, it works with any versions of firewood, well, at least for me :-D

T
Turian 11.05.22

Alex vezo respect those who helped from the bottom of my heart, the main thing is not to forget to change the date back), otherwise some games do not plow with the old date)

F
Freund Benno 11.05.22

So, I changed the date, set compatibility in wine xp sp3, it doesn’t work, are there any other options?