3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GWINBLEYDD 11.05.22 09:34 pm

Is it worth buying? (Guild Wars 2)

Hello, I appeal to those who played GW2. Tell me, is the game normal, not boring, can I buy it? And what about the combat system? Pseudo non-target like in Newervinter Online or pure target like in WoW. In general, please describe what, where and how and whether it is worth buying now.
6 Comments
Sort by:
z
zdanu4 11.05.22

I've been playing for almost two years.
+ no donation (not at all)
+ no grind
+ monthly updates and additions (free)
+ something to do (dungeons, world bosses, events, pvp, spvp, jump puzzles, etc.)
+ colorful character customization
+ no huge number of skills as in vovka or ruler (5 for each weapon and 5 additional ones)
+ no need to constantly collect parties for quests, raids, etc. - just run, you see the event has started, ran up, participated - received a reward for merit.

- there is no Russian language (and, as it were, it is not planned)
- you can not see the attacker with a large number of attackers (you have to tab)

Attack system - target.
I do not regret buying this game and I single it out in first place among MMORPGs for being unconventional.

G
GWINBLEYDD 11.05.22

zdanu4
And what is the target itself? As in WoW, I pointed it out, clicked once and use skills, or you need to click the first mouse constantly to attack and use skills in between. Just the second way as in the new neverwinter online and such a system is very convenient. And I don’t like how it’s done in WoW - it’s boring, monotonous and there are a lot of skills in which you can get confused.

z
zdanu4 11.05.22

selected the mob with the mouse and use the skills. there are few skills, so you won't get confused. + You need to do rolls to dodge attacks. just standing and skilling will not work. The combat system there is very good and simplified. Depending on the type of weapon, you will have different skills in your hands. Yes, and there is no such thing in the game that you pumped up to 80k and go to loulvkarta and grind and go through dungeons yourself. your lvl when you go to the map drops to the level of the map.
in short, look at a stream of the game or a review. It's better to see once than to write a hundred comments here))

P
Pomu4 11.05.22

If you are a melee player, then you can not choose the enemy, but simply click the buttons, the main thing is to hit the enemy.

Donat is 90% purely cosmetic - skins for weapons and armor, pets, hairstyles and faces, pvp finishers (finishing with special animation).
There are "boosters", the sense of which is 0.
Infinite tools for mining - mathematically proven, in order to pay for them you need to extract 100,500 resources, and this will take a couple of years of continuous play. In addition, ordinary tools cost a penny, so they don’t hit the wallet.
In addition, in-game gold can be converted into donation currency and vice versa.

As for the game itself, let's just say this is the only MMORPG that I have played for about a year and now I periodically go, because there is always something to do. In other MMOs, I did not stay longer than 0.1 - 2 months.

And most importantly, it is action-packed - you, like your opponent, are always on the move =)

g
gliga142 11.05.22

Buy only if you are a wild PvP fan of the Pile-on-Pack-type RF online level or if you are ready to shell out money for 1-2 months of PVE, and then delete the game without worrying, since there is nothing else to do, all these Dungeons, Bosses, etc. complete crap, and actually being a grind :|

K
Kind Ram 11.05.22

So, what about the commercial component - did you buy the game and play it, or do you need to pay for a subscription like in WoW?