3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
c_denham 11.05.22 10:01 pm

Problem with modding on GTA SA, tell me (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)

I decided to make a mod for GTA SA that adds a location.
Previously, I did little of this kind of mods, I mostly wrote scripts, but right now I decided to create something else, but no - I ran into a problem
. I export to .dff and .3ds
But either my hands are out of my ass, or the CollEditor is bugged, it gives the error "the collision mesh <...> exceeds the dimension limit (+-266) per axis".
Even if you skip this and save the file forcibly, then when uploading three files (txd, dff, col) to the gta3.img archive, the map editor flatly refuses to recognize the texture and gives out a bare gray object when you try to place it, which leads to crashes.
Guys please help me
4 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grandshot 11.05.22

Most likely a lot of polygons in the model. Try to cut the island into pieces and make a collision for each.

c
c_denham 11.05.22

Grandshot ok
, thanks, I'll try

c
c_denham 11.05.22

Grandshot
I tried to reduce the number of polygons directly, purely "try" - nope
:
C 9067867.png
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1434664009/fe72792f/9067869.png

G
Grandshot 11.05.22

Well, col-editor writes that you have exceeded the model size limits along the axes. That is a large model. In the game, such large objects are used for lods, and their stake must be empty. I don't remember what size restrictions are in the game so that the object is not considered a lod, but try to divide the model into 5 parts, for example.