3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oplot 11.05.22 10:01 pm

Who, when and how died or the fate of the characters (Beware, spoilers) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually went through the game, wondered who could be saved from the dead. Whom I saved, and I don’t even know about it. How did the choices in the game affect, what consequences did they entail. Which characters, in your opinion, were added in vain, which, on the contrary, would be worth seeing. What turning points in the plot do you remember, etc. In general, everything about the fate of the characters in all parts and books. Please share only "strong" spoilers. I think most people don't care if you stole the elf horses or not. But the following points are extremely interesting:

1.1) Lambert. I have it alive, and went with Keira to travel. However, who remembers the battle at Kaer Morhen, noticed how the warriors of the wild hunt surround him, and Keira tears them apart. But what if Keira dies first? Lambert will live?

1.2) If you carefully looked at the process of cremation of Vesimir, then you noticed a strange structure on which he was burned. This is a platform that will fit 3 people, but only one Vesemir was lying on it, and even then on the edge. I assume that during the assault, two more characters could have died and they would have been lying next to Vemimir. The question is who?

2) Baron - it's no secret that his life depends on the decision to release the spirit or not. I will not report anything new here, but for some reason it seems to me that there is a way to save both the children and his wife. Perhaps in the future, it will be found.

3) Rev. Nathaniel Pastodi. If this name does not tell you anything, then skip this paragraph. You might run into a spoiler.
As you remember, at some point, Priscilla (Buttercup's love) is found mutilated. In the process of this quest, we will follow in the footsteps of a maniac, who will eventually lead us to a room in Katarina the Limp, where we will find Nathaniel, with a red-hot poker, over a bound girl. To be honest, when I saw this, I immediately knew that he was not a maniac. There was no formalin, he used red-hot iron (the maniac did not use it). But during the dialogue, I had to kill him and the quest ended. I still don't know if I did the right thing or not. Later, I found another corpse, and there is a note indicating that I made a mistake and killed the wrong person. So the question is - was it possible not to kill Nathaniel and who is the maniac?

4) Summing up, and generally reflecting the essence of the topic, I inform you who died from my key characters:

Baron - hanged himself after Anna's death. I took the right doll, my friend didn't. As I understand it, the result is not affected. Gives only a few minutes of dialogue between Anna and the family.

Vesemir - as I understand it, dies without options, while protecting Kaer Morhen

Crach an Craite - during the final battle with Eridin.

After passing, it seemed to me that there were few deaths. Therefore, this topic.

Ciri is alive, the witcher

Geralt and Yen (long live the canon)

did not kill Radovid and did not go through this line of missions at all. I think that the killing of kings is the lot of the opposition. If he is illegitimate and continues to burn everyone and everything, the people will overthrow him. Until then, against the background of the war, it is impossible to weaken the army by killing the commander in chief.

5) And the last. Bombs from two things. To begin with, let me explain, it is considered that this is a trilogy, and the Witcher 3 is its final and last game (like Assassin's Creed III, yeah XDDD).
First, the choices, like in Mass Effect 3. I don't really care what I did in the first two parts, almost no influence (although I like this, I love canons, not heaps of undeveloped branches). But the scary thing is that in the game itself, you can do whatever you want! The main thing is to support Ciri. That is, in general, they don’t care about politics, the Lodge, the Scoiataels, and everything in general. Different states of the game world?! Yeah. Three pictures in the final. Anyway, Ciri will save everyone, the wild hunt will lose, the prophecy of Itlina will not come true. And at the end, Ciri is either alive or dead. And three pictures about how the war ended. As for me, the color of the Reapers in Mass Effect 3 is more interesting than here. In three years, they could have thought over global politics and drawn the final scenes.
And secondly - where the hell are all the heroes?! In the last part, there is absolutely no one that I want to see. I’ll explain right away, maybe I didn’t find them in the game. But still.

Iorveth - everyone wants to at least chat with him!

Villintretonmert (Borch Three Jackdaws) - damn it, they tease us with it on the maps in Gwent, and after the DLC, they also drew him in the human body, and besides, with amazing Zerrikans! Yes, this is one of my favorite parts in the Saga! Remember how the four of them sat in a tub and squandered money on expensive dishes? Damn it, I wanted to meet that dragon!!!

Saesentessis (Saskia) - the daughter of the dragon mentioned above! For her sake, I replayed the second witcher ( http://forums.playground.ru/witcher_2_assassins_of_kings/walkthrough/voprosi_po_prohogdeniyu_epiloga-678055/#comment-498330 ) to save her and break the spell. Oh, how angry I am that all for nothing and I did not even hear mention of her.

Dudu Bibervelt - Yes, of course he was. But is it Dudu?! Remember the book! There he is shown as an enterprising businessman, capable of raising 20 thousand with 100 crowns! And in the game? Gets punched in the face, hides, and then becomes Bastard Junior. No character development. And no quests. Well, why not make at least one quest for those who consider this story a masterpiece? For example, on his behalf, read economic reports, then, based on this information, try to buy some kind of garbage, such as ship ropes. And if you did everything right - in a week you get 10 times more. If the choice is wrong, you lose money accordingly. It would be cool!

Yarpin Zigrin - they traveled with the wagon train for a hell of a lot and more time when they walked from the first war with the south. It seems that the game sends all book lovers in the ass and is aimed exclusively at those who have never held books in their hands!

What can you say about the characters of the Saga?
33 Comments
Sort by:
F
Fallen Cheshire 11.05.22

As for the endings - wait for everything in the Extended Edition (And it will be, infa sotochka)
"It feels like the game sends all book lovers in the ass and is focused exclusively on those who have never held them in their hands!" - And there is. Almost.
As for the Reverend - in order to find the real killer, you need to talk to him - In no case do not attack until the circumstances are clarified, and then you can kill or let go.

m
mordvin121 11.05.22

Oplot
1.1) If there is no Keira, then Geralt saves Lambert. I do
n't know
that you freed the spirit. Then the baron and his wife will survive, the children too, in the village they will kill almost everyone.
3) There you just need to talk to him, say something like "immediately to the point without formalin" and then something else, he will tell you where to go and there you will meet a real killer.

O
Oplot 11.05.22

Fallen Cheshire so I listened to him. And when he said that he didn’t kill anyone, and the Witcher messed up, then Geralt betrayed - I don’t believe you. After that, the battle began and I got a miracle poker, which is cold behind my back, but as soon as I get it out of its sheath (or whatever it has =)), the blade becomes white hot again!
Please hide the maniac under the spoiler, if you know who it is. I have no desire to replay the game, for the sake of a different picture in the final splash screen.

R
Ryogi Shiki 11.05.22

First, the choices, like in Mass Effect 3. I don't really care what I did in the first two parts, almost no influence (although I like this, I love canons, not heaps of undeveloped branches).

lol what?

in masukh your choices affect the ending of the 3rd part, and the whole plot in general. at which they drastically influence. the same with dragon age
and in the witcher they made this influence absolutely minimal

for those who are bombarded with the fact that they specifically re-passed B1 and B3 for the sake of importing into the 3rd part - dedicated to: CDRP is not BioWare! Hey people , these are 2 completely different studios , 2 different companies ! and the fact that you liked to replay the aforementioned ME and YES a hundred times with different scenarios does not mean that because of your tastes and preferences, the Poles should mow under EA

R
Ryogi Shiki 11.05.22

episodes of a maniac in Novigrad who attacked Priscilla -
Spoilercoroner

F
Fallen Cheshire 11.05.22

Oplot
If spoilers worked :c (Hubert Reik, second doctor)

d
dmitrians 11.05.22

Oplot
yes, this is a very long list of cons, but there is a large list of pluses, for example, each main character in the game is shown very well, even a little bit is inserted from the book, for example, if you don’t go deep, I remember a conversation about a rat with Triss, a genie with Yen even managed to insert a small mention about a man in a bear guise (do not try to create the perfect game in your imagination, if they made this game for 3 years, then it would take 8 years to make the ideal, and only a top company that will have enough money, and this is a big risk, if the game does not work, then the top company will go bankrupt)

C
Cucumber312 11.05.22

Yes, they promise Iorvet in the game, but in reality we get nothing.

O
Oplot 11.05.22

Fallen Cheshire, thank you! To be honest, I thought so. The circle of suspects was limited to access to formalin and scalpels. In theory, it could be anyone, but according to the canons of detectives, the killer is known at the time of the story. Therefore, excluding Nathaniel at the scene of the crime, and the first doctor, for overly active assistance in the investigation - the last

Nikotinoz remains - I do not compare The Witcher and Mass Effect. This is silly. I'm just pointing out the similarities in terms of the impact of the elections. In ME3, the choice did not affect anything and was momentary. I chose Krogans and not Solarians - there will be Krogans. I chose the Geth and not the Quarians - there will be Geth. But the power of the fleet remains the same. At the end, all the same reapers with three flowers. And you can make absolutely any choice. It doesn't matter what you did before. I don't want to bring this topic up. This debate is long over.
In The Witcher 3, there is also no influence. I repeat, the notorious states of the world affect only the pictures. On one, a dead Emhyr is drawn, and on the other, a living one. On one, the Nilfs, and on the other, the Redans. Etc. I think this is not enough. If you draw pictures, then make them bigger. In the end, a bunch of stories and quests that can be consecrated in them. So far, the best ending with pictures for me is Stalker: Call of Pripyat. Many and detailed. It is interesting to listen and enjoy your successes.

And finally, about imports. Fortunately, I am not one of those who replay the game 100 percent for the sake of importing. But at the same time, I don't want to lose stories and quests, due to the lack of savings of the previous part. As in the same ME3. And so, when I found out that there was an opportunity not to import saves, but simply to select key decisions, I did so. It's just that these decisions didn't affect the game in any way. Well, except that Summer was absent from me, since I killed him.

dmitrians of course there is! The game is definitely good! 9 out of 10! And when I saw a stuffed unicorn and a head of an elk at Ian, I almost blurted out of my chair! And then, when they also repeated everything described in the book with this stuffed animal ... In short, I am delighted! If I was writing about lists of pros, then I would not have finished by now! But I'm not criticizing the game. I'm just describing the cons regarding the characters that I didn't like.

R
Ryogi Shiki 11.05.22

Oplot
and I just noted that the difference in the influence of decisions in the witcher and me is simply colossal

O
Oplot 11.05.22

Nikotinoz_, with pleasure I will join the discussion on the topic of the influence of decisions in the plot, on the ending of the Witcher and ME3, as well as on their comparative analysis. But in the relevant topic. Not here. Perhaps someone will even create it!

K
KanoVoxLian 11.05.22

Vesemir dies anyway.
Crach en Craite also dies in any case.
The fate of Ciri depends on how Geralt treated her. In short, one must be a good father.
The fate of the baron is unknown to me.

F
Fallen Cheshire 11.05.22

Oplot
Nikotinoz_
Well, let's drink it. It might even be interesting.

K
KanoVoxLian 11.05.22

Oplot
) If you carefully looked at the cremation process of Vesimir, then you noticed a strange structure on which he was burned. This is a platform that will fit 3 people, but only one Vesemir was lying on it, and even then on the edge. I assume that during the assault, two more characters could have died and they would have been lying next to Vemimir. The question is who? maybe no one.

F
Fallen Cheshire 11.05.22

If you carefully looked at the cremation process of Vesimir, then you noticed a strange structure on which he was burned. This is a platform that will fit 3 people, but only one Vesemir was lying on it, and even then on the edge. I assume that during the assault, two more characters could have died and they would have been lying next to Vemimir.
No, these designs are fundamentally for one person (Although there could be several), for example, in the first Witcher, when the deceased witcher was burned during the defense of Kaer Morhen, the same design, and in Skyrim at the funeral of the Harbinger of the Companions.

M
Mari8936 11.05.22

About the Vesimir bonfire, there was a place for Lambert, but they cut out such an option in the end. In general, it’s quite interesting to read what they wanted, but they didn’t include it in the game. Or maybe they redid it.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/48743-List-of-changes-and-cut-content-from-the-May-2014-leaks-(copied-from-Reddit)

O
Oplot 11.05.22

Fallen Cheshire, apparently it is. It hurt to see that Vesemir was lying on the very edge, as if leaving room for someone else. But if so, then even the deaths in the game do not change. It turns out that indirectly (that is, according to the results of plot decisions, and not stupidly slaughter like Radovid or Dijkstra), we can only influence the death of Ciri, Baron and Emhyr. The first - from whether we drank with her or played snowballs (exaggeratedly). The second is whether we believed the spirit in the cave or not. The latter depends on which side we are on (Roche or Dijkstra). Sadness ...

Slightly moving away from the topic. Here is an example of great endings for a game:

1) Leave the game endings. Accordingly, we break them down into the Best (Ciri is alive and the Witcher), Good (Ciri is alive and the Empress) and Neutral (Ciri is dying, the world is saved)

Then you need 4 more quests from above.
- About politics. Make a decision about the revival / non-revival of the Lodge, decide on an ally (Nilfa, North, Skellige), make friends with the Scoiataels, Lodge or Temerian partisans. Later, decide on the composition of the army in the final battle. The ideal option is to try everyone against a common enemy - the wild hunt. But this is the most difficult option, which, for example, will require a lot of sacrifices.
- About wild hunting. Here you need to outline the storyline, supposedly the Wild Hunt, this is not a drowner for you and you can’t just plug Eridin with a sword. First you need to go to the mountain, pray, then look for the sacred writings of the ancient elves, then sleep with all the female characters in the village of Kukuyevo, find 10 seals, open a secret passage, find the secret super-poison formula, cook it correctly. If the quest fails, there will be a simple boss fight, at the end of which Eridin escapes. If you completed the quest, you can kill him completely.
- About enemy generals. It is necessary to make a decision Which of the three generals to keep alive (you can’t fill up all of them, for example, there won’t be enough time or poison). Try to negotiate with the latter, and if you fail the dialogue, he sends you in the ass. It is possible not to kill anyone at all, for example, by failing quests to find generals. According to the results of this branch, deaths and fights are determined. For example, he left the leader of the ships Geels - the fleet with Voorhis sank (but for example, if the allies are Skellige, then everyone survives, since there are experienced sailors there). He left the Shield-bearer (Imrelih) - he landed on the shore with the dogs and cut out everyone, including Bianca, Roche and Zoltan. But if he chose the help of the Scoyataels, then they bring down all the dogs and warriors from afar, and Geralt brings down the Shieldbearer one on one. Well, he left the magician - he brings down all allied magicians, including Philippa, Fringilla, etc. But if your assistant, the head of the special Temerian "blue stripes" squad, is Vernon Roche, then he competently makes his way to him and destroys his staff. After that, Geralt solo finishes him off. In general, the task is to combine enemy and friendly forces in order to avoid or minimize losses among the heroes.
- Prophecy of Itlina. According to the results of an additional storyline with the prophecy of Itlina, Geralt finds a way to defeat the White Frost.

Further, according to the results of the quests, there are approximately the following endings:
2) Geralt kills Eridin. Everything is cool, but the white Cold will destroy everyone in the future. Ciri can try to defeat the White Frost herself and die. But if Geralt was a good father, then he will influence her decision and convince her that she cannot. After that, she will either become the Witcher or the Empress. Depends on the quest with Emhyr. Total 3 more alternative endings
3) Geralt drives off Eridin, but there are few/no losses among the allies. Everything is cool, but Eridin is not completely defeated and the Wild Hunt may still return. But this will not happen soon, Ciri will learn to control her powers and now she is not afraid of the latter. Similarly, it can try to defeat the white cold. If the quest passes - depends on Geralt's decisions. If it is not passed, it either tries and dies, or remains, and again it all depends on Geralt. And there are also options with the Witcher and the Empress. Total 6 more neutral endings.
4) Eridin is not defeated, the generals defeated the allies. In this case, the Wild Hunt takes Cirilla, stabilizes the portal between the worlds and the Elves take over the world of the Witcher. Bad ending.

Total 1 best, 1 good, 10 neutral (of which 4 are associated with the death of Ciri) and 1 bad. There are 13 endings in total.

Well, according to the results of alliances and losses with the wild hunt, the fate of the kingdoms is determined. The principle is this. No/Low casualties, the faction receives a super boost on ships, weapons, and magical artifacts left over from the Wild Hunt battle. That is, if the nilfs helped you - they now have ships and they all filled up. Redans helped - they won. Skellige - then the Nilfs captured the north, but the Islands could not. If you unite everyone against one enemy, then in the end there will come a fragile peace, which is nevertheless better than war.
If they helped in battle, but lost, then even ships and magic will not help. A weakened army is brought down by a neighbor. That is, he took the Redans as an ally, but made an illiterate choice for the generals - they suffer hellish losses and the Nilfs capture the north as a result. And vice versa.

About secondary assistants. If the Temerians helped, then they gained influence and returned the independence of Temeria and, depending on the allies, either became vassals of the Nilfs, or complete independence from Redania. The lodge gains influence and, as a secret order of masons, now keeps order. And the Scoiataelis are finally seeking amendments to the laws for equality with people

. This is the game I would love to play. You can at least lose in it ... And political decisions would have a more significant impact on the world. than 3 pictures.

F
Fallen Cheshire 11.05.22

Oplot
Each "partner" to file a personal quest - if you pass - they will increase lvl, if you don't pass - they will send you or have a greater chance of dying :c

M
Mavladiy1988 11.05.22

Oplot
why is it considered the best ending, the one where Ciri is a witcher?)

H
Hirok 11.05.22

Oplot
Geralt is a simple witcher despite all his "exploits" that the courtesans of Novigrad often talk about.
What you describe is more like the creation of Bio-creatures. In the game, Geralt may not be completely canonical, but the projects have tried to at least get closer to the image of the original. But the original did not save the world (the galaxy, the universe, underline as necessary).