3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
krrrwa 11.05.22 10:26 pm

The Witcher 2 crashes (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

in short, it was often saved in the game, but now when I need to replay one mission and when I click on the download to select the save, the game crashes. fucking steam cloud
8 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

Rusik
Pull out most of these saves and leave the last one.
Are you playing on the simplest or something? In it, the more difficult the level, the greater the gap between the saves, that is, the part is self-cleaning / self-deleting

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Den-z2011
played on medium then on difficult when it became easier. saved manually because the game itself was rarely saved. I can't delete old saves either, the game crashes. okay, I won’t be able to replay now, I decide to help Iorveth or go straight to the sheala, I don’t even know what to do. you tell me one thing if in the witcher 2 and in the witcher 3 disable steamcloud then when I start playing part 3 will the game find the save of the second part? because the second saves are stored somewhere on the disk in the steam folder

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

Rusik
Put Total Commander. Use it to open hidden folders. Then you will find the saves and transfer part to another folder
. I have the face of The Witcher 2, but when I installed it, a window popped out, they say, it will be installed for 8 days. I did not touch it anymore. I’m chasing a pirate. I can’t change the difficulty without starting over. I haven’t installed The Witcher 3 yet, it has a face on 4 disks, I’m waiting for an upgrade

d
dimakozhanov 11.05.22

Rusik
when I click on the download to select the save, the game crashes.

I also had this, if I had more than 8-10 saves, then the game crashed or didn’t save at all, but the strangest thing is that I only have these problems in the Steam version, I didn’t have these problems in the boxed version (license).

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

dimakozhanov
used to work fine on a pirate. sometimes a pirate is better than a face...

d
dimakozhanov 11.05.22

Rusik
is sometimes better than a pirate ...
Yes, but the whole point is that these problems are only in the digital version, they are not in the boxed version.

P
Poenarum 11.05.22

1. Copy the saves,
2. open the directory with the game and the saves,
3 demolish the game,
4. if something is left in the folders, then mark the files,
[Shift] + [Del],
confirm,
5. clean the registry with SiCleaner, Auslogix or something else than similar and reinstall, after screwing back the saves.
By the way, what you describe suggests that a certain vir or trojan has worked ...
In extreme cases, google the torrent with the latest version of the game and install it.
When installing, check the boxes in the additional software, sometimes this is the case.

P
Poenarum 11.05.22

dimakozhanov
Yes, but the whole thing is that these problems are only in the digital version, they are not in the boxed version.

I do not agree.
Somehow I bought a litsuhu of one game in a box, an error occurred all the time at startup, while before that the pirate was running without problems and hints of brakes, I decided that I screwed up with Windows during installation or inadvertently sawed out an important system file.
I decided, rather, to calm my conscience, before reinstalling Windows, put the pirate again.
Hop-bang! ...
Everything worked.
So, if you have already decided to be a pirate (to be honest, the percentage of licensed Windows is not so high), then you should not completely renounce this, because any respectful repacker tests the final product on pirated Windows, where they often cut down / sawed out system services that are rarely used by users, but sometimes can overlap with programs that at first glance are not even related to the processes used.

So, pirates are different for pirates, sometimes it happens.
Although in most cases, of course, a license is better.

99 small bugs in the code,
99 small bugs in the code,
one found, fixed.
127 little bugs in the code...(c)