3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
krrrwa 11.05.22 11:09 pm

Help with graphics settings (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

What features affect FPS the most? I play with transcendental quality, because without it the picture is much worse, the FPS stays at 60, but there are drawdowns up to 40, and when the FPS drops so sharply, the picture slows down noticeably.

33 Comments
Sort by:
M
MassChester87 11.05.22

Rusik
Well, just transcendental quality and affects mainly the number of frames.

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

MassChester87
well, I know this, but without him the picture worsens noticeably

R
Renox 11.05.22

Lord, you won't even see the difference between 60 and 40 fps. As the schoolchildren are already tired of reading shit on the Internet.
Previously, they played games at 30 fps and did not take a steam bath.
The picture in The Witcher 2 cannot slow down at 40 fps. The game runs smoothly already at 24 frames. At 30 there are no slowdowns at all.

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Renox
if the picture did not slow down, I would not take a steam bath, and if you do not see the difference, go to the doctor. 24 fps is in movies, and fps in movies and games is not the same thing. I also got noobs like you, the human eye does not see more than 30 fps. pzdts

R
Renox 11.05.22

Rusik
I don't even want to argue with you. You obviously do not understand the issue, do not know the technical process. So chao. Think whatever you want.

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Renox
was found here special. and definitely go to the doctor

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

I don’t know, in short, the limit stresses the entire computer 2 times,
I once hung on q9650 4GHz zhyforsu 690 at a resolution of 1600x1200, which is even more than the author’s - the result was underloaded and the FPS was humiliated by recording the video, finally it didn’t hold 30 fps.
the conclusion is either the author needs to drive the processor to shit or run for a new one or smack his lips with a sagging FPS.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

Rusik
Vertical eats FPS

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Den-z2011
did not notice at all, but it should be turned off

d
danyil695 11.05.22

Rusik
Turn off SSAO and set Shadows to low.
Reduce detail set to normal rast.
Turn off the glow and depth of field in the game.
Turn off the limit, you have a placebo effect, the setting is useless...
All these items eat FPS, but the picture does not change, maybe just a little...

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

danyil695
computer on ultra pulls 90-140 fps without beyond. you did not understand the question although I already figured out the settings

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

Rusik
Turning off the vertical line helped?

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Den-z2011
yes thanks now the maximum drops to 50

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

Rusik
Not on anything. And when you leave the forest to the village, which is next to Flotzem, does the picture break?

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Den-z2011
not

K
Kahran Ramsus 11.05.22

Renox
Obviously, you do not understand the technical issue. It's all about stability. Yes, 30 fps is quite comfortable for the game, but if he plays at 60 and suddenly the fps drops to 40, it looks like a microfreeze for half a second - a second, and this is at least unpleasant, because he loses 20 frames, and this is already a noticeable figure for the eye. Moreover, the priority of commands input from external devices in games is rather low, and this leads to the fact that at the time of the freeze, these commands may not be accepted or processed much later than the time when they were needed.

K
Krechet79 11.05.22

Rusik
You try to turn off the transcendental quality and turn on DSR 4x in the driver settings. Quality will not suffer. Then try increasing the texture memory size in the user.ini file: TextureMemoryBudget=1600. Additionally, disable vertical synchronization in the game settings, and set the framerate limit to 45 in the RivaTuner Statistics Server program (by clicking "+" and choosing the path to witcher2.exe), which comes with the Afterburner program add-on. If you need anything else write. We have the same cards, it helped me and the game goes smoothly.

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

Krechet79
Yes, just today I tried to play on 2k, but turning off the synchronization helped, the FPS does not fall so low anymore and the difference between 60 and 50 is already not very noticeable

k
krrrwa 11.05.22

KoranRazmus
here, when the fps drops sharply, the picture freezes for more than a second, and even when you play at 60 fps and then sharply at 40, the difference is very noticeable, the picture is slower. if I initially played at a stable 40 fps, then I probably would have been comfortable anyway

K
Krechet79 11.05.22

I personally do not like Rusik
DSR 2x, it distorts a little, but this is a personal choice for everyone