3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chukchi in the plague 11.05.22 11:20 pm

How to draw a map for RPG?

Is it possible to draw a map for an RPG tabletop with something free? Geographic, preferably with all sorts of stylized gadgets like on stylized maps in books or games?
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr.Sirocco 11.05.22

Yes, on anything, even in Photoshop, even make a three-dimensional model in editors ...

C
Chukchi in the plague 11.05.22

Firstly, Photoshop is not free, and secondly, if you don’t know what to say on the dark - don’t be smart ... It’s better to say something really smart.

S
Sargarus 11.05.22

draw in paint lol

D
Dmitry Harchenko 11.05.22

Chukchi in the plague
On any tracker there is a photoshop with keys, I have one.

C

Dmitry Harchenko
First of all, I already said - I need a "free" one - this is when I downloaded it from anywhere and started working without any keys or cracks.
Secondly, you need software to draw exactly maps for a desktop RPG. Quickly. Approximately how to generate the characteristics of a character by placing them in a table.

J
JackTailer 11.05.22

Chukchi in the plague
First of all, I already said - I need a "free" one.
Lol But isn't it free to install a torrent and download a program?
"free is when you download it from anywhere and start working without any keys or cracks.
Well, if without cracks and even more so without keys, then you have a direct path to a free demo version of Photoshop

upd Search in Google and in other forums. joker.

C

In general, if someone tells you how to draw a map for the desktop, thank you very much for the advice in the LAN, the main requirement is free, and easy to use. Online or offline doesn't matter.
We used the battlemapr service - but it closed, an alternative is being sought.

I don’t understand one thing, well, not everyone has figured out what the point is - not everyone can read Russian now - and bukoff is a lot, and not everyone is fond of tabletop RPGs ... But xs why get in with the same "smart" photoshop advice? What is this, like in South Park in the San Francisco series? Or a demonstration of the fact that all such designers are not *****??? Mystery though!

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

free editors gimp and paynet
and ische mspaint but it's like together with Windows and it's paid.
there is still such crap like wolds machines couple like that and genetics studio but it is paid. such a specific software does not exist. there was still such crap she could stylize as old paper. but paid and it can not paint if there are cardboard textures, etc.

C

MunchkiN 616
If by specific you mean exactly drawing maps in RPG, then it is not very specific. It's just that basically there are all sorts of generators of cities and areas - battlegrounds - in principle, I have not been very fond of board games so far, but mostly such generators come across.
But the aforementioned battlemapper also made it possible to create a geographic map - that is, generate it, edit it within some limits - well, there you can scatter and move water bodies, indicate mountains and coastlines, make city marks - in general, it allowed you not to mess around for several hours right before the game quickly create a map of a large area or even a continent.
So I'm looking for something similar - in principle, it is possible without decorations - but at least with a hexagram grid.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

Chukchi in the plague,
I understand that you need a map generator as in the heroes of the current 3 so that you plant your Christmas trees and all sorts of river generators, etc. there is no such thing. to make something similar to the map in the Witcher 3, for example, the contours and objects are drawn manually and then all sorts of things are superimposed, including the grid.

C

MunchkiN 616
Well, it used to exist...

I didn't play Heroes, honestly, it's a strategy, and I'm not very good at it - but it seems that you need to move the figures according to the plan of a small area like in a board game? So if they are, then they are full and of different quality - for example,

Spoiler

Spoiler

But this is good for a separate battle.