3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22 11:35 pm

ssd vs hdd? your advice (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

where the game will work better without friezes
28 Comments
Sort by:
i
ilya1iz2 11.05.22

dimaboss1
I have it on the ssd, And it loads perfectly.

D
DAZZDRANAGON 11.05.22

dimaboss1
definitely SSD!

p
pixel man 11.05.22

First, I put the game on a HDD of 5400 rpm - the game was constantly loading on the go (you ride Roach, for example, the game freezes and the picture becomes soapy for a couple of seconds, the download writes.) So the cutscenes / world are loaded for a long time + in the cutscenes the hair on the NPC and other objects do not appear immediately.
On the SSD, the game loads for a couple of seconds, there are no noticeable subloads, everything is in place in the cutscenes.

G
GMXardas 11.05.22

dimaboss1
http://forums.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/tech/vedmak_3_na_ssd-866274/

d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22

man-pixel is it worth installing windows on ssd or can i play the game right away?

s
superenot 11.05.22

SSD choice is obvious

d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22

SuperEnot Do
you need to install Windows too or not?

C
Caliscan 11.05.22

dimaboss1 Windu
definitely needs to be on the SSD. heaven and earth. for the game there is no difference where the Windows is located, but you will see how the computer should work. everything starts immediately

B
Belomorkanal 11.05.22

To be honest, on my hardware (conf in the profile), when you gallop on Roach, it often freezes with a decent FPS of 80 and above. The friezes clearly match the clicks of the HDD on which the Witcher is installed. HDD is avno at 5200 rpm, but very reliable, more suitable for a simple file washer. On Monday (I hope) my new SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB will arrive, I will reinstall the OS on it and the main games, and there it will be seen whether the HDD freezes the game or not. In any case, the developers are to blame, because even GTA5 practically does not freeze on my slow HDD.

p
pixel man 11.05.22

dimaboss1
Windu must be installed on an SSD - it loads in a couple of seconds, programs and other start up instantly. Only then you need to take at least 250-500GB. I have 128 GB and after Windows and prog only 1-2 big games fit.

d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22

pixel-man
I now have friezes when I cut drowners or people, and even when ghosts appear ssd will fix it?

s
superenot 11.05.22

dimaboss1
has a special software that transfers Windows +)

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

normal railway at 7200 or even 10000 rpm to buy with a good 64mb cache one for games the other for Windows
on a good pitch everything should be fine.

p
pixel man 11.05.22

dimaboss1
If it's not a vidyuhi/process, ssd can help. In any case, it will not be superfluous.

t
tryten91 11.05.22

Belomorkanal
As a temporary solution, you can try to throw a part of the RAM under the cache for hdd! Programs like primocache to help you.

L
LittleJoke 11.05.22

There is Windows and various software on ssd, I only keep games on hdd. In my opinion, it makes sense to install the game on the ssd if it is some kind of MMO, so that after teleportation it will quickly load where it really matters. Well, or if ssd is a bottomless casket. I have 120GB, a maximum of 1-2 games will fit, why should I score it uselessly)

B
Belomorkanal 11.05.22

SSD arrived, already installed seven and GTA5 on it. The difference is noticeable, with high-speed traffic through the city it almost does not freeze, the game behaves more stable and loads at least twice as fast. Soon I will test the Witcher, it is already swinging.

d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22

Belomorkanal
as you check, unsubscribe, because I noticed that when there are lags in cities and villages, the load goes to hdd and I have it 5400, I will also take ssd

M
Mavladiy1988 11.05.22

dimaboss1
also moved from hdd to ssd, freezing became less.

B
Belomorkanal 11.05.22

dimaboss1
In a couple of days everything will be, right now, not up to toys yet.