3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tigran Babayan 12.05.22 12:10 am

Keyboard stopped working (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

I just play Skyrim. I went to the map. And suddenly the keyboard in the computer itself stops working. I reconnected the cable from the keyboard, restarted the computer did not help. What to do?
10 Comments
Sort by:
s
smartivan 12.05.22

Reboot the PC, test the keyboard on another PC and there already according to the situation

d
direction 12.05.22

Tigran Babayan
Look into the Device Manager and see what's with the firewood. You can update or just reinstall.

T
Tigran Babayan 12.05.22

arah
The keyboard itself works. When I turn on the computer, the buttons light up. And there are no updates to firewood.

T
Tigran Babayan 12.05.22

smartivan90
i already restarted

s
smartivan 12.05.22

At the moment, the keyboard doesn’t work in the game, or it doesn’t react anywhere after loading the PC.
If when you open the map in the game it stops working, then you need to check this button to press when you are not in the game.

It is possible that third-party software caused the keyboard not to work, for example, the hotkey settings are set on third-party software.

T
Tigran Babayan 12.05.22

smartivan90
My keyboard buttons are on when I start the computer and then immediately stops

A
AT_Sagor 12.05.22

Tigran Babayan
Perhaps stupid, but try to change the USB port to which the keyboard is connected. I had the same problem with my keyboard - changing the port helped. Later, they explained to me that this sometimes happens when the ports are right next to each other and start to conflict because of this, but I didn’t understand the details - it was too dreary to explain everything.

T
Tigran Babayan 12.05.22

at_sagor
Can you tell me detailed instructions

A
AT_Sagor 12.05.22

Tigran Babayan
If you look at my computer from the back, there are four USB ports - two rows of two. The keyboard and mouse were connected in the top row. When the keyboard stopped working, I switched it to the bottom row. Here, actually, and all things.

s
smartivan 12.05.22

Tigran Babayan
Perhaps the keyboard is enabled in the BIOS, but not in the OS, and therefore, when the computer starts, the buttons are lit and then immediately stops.
You can try to remove the keyboard in the device manager and then reinstall it!