3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frozn 12.05.22 12:10 am

Problem installing game [has an answer] (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

In general, 2 days ago I decided to reinstall the cs (there was a reason for that) and now I don’t know what to do. When the download is 100% complete, the installation begins, and after that the game requires an update. If you click update, then again the download is 100%, installation and again requires an update, and so on in an endless circle. If you click "Play" through the library, then the installation is in progress, then the error "update files were damaged." I downloaded the game again, unsuccessfully. I completely deleted the game and steam (I also cleaned the registry) - it did not help. I probably googled everything I could. Steam and the game are installed on the same hard drive, the installation path is all in English. In the common folder in the cs folder there is only one file "installscript.vdf", and in the "downloading 730" folder the entire game directory is located, but Steam refuses to accept it. I tried to manually put the game from the "downloading" folder into common, Steam starts checking existing files and again stupidly downloads again. I tried to download the game on another computer, everything downloaded and works quietly, I transferred the working directory to my computer, and again the same problem, Steam either does not accept files and downloads again, or tries to download somewhere around 1GB, and again, in fact, the same problem , requires an update that won't load.
I do not know what to do. I hope someone can help me, because I really want to play, and the error itself is somehow strange.
PS other games are downloaded and installed without problems. During installation, I turned off the antivirus and firewall, did not help. I also noticed that during the download, the download itself often goes into the queue, that is, the game is downloaded then goes into the queue with the message "the download is scheduled for such and such a time" and you have to resume it.
6 Comments
Sort by:
[
[MayzeP_CTaLiHa] 12.05.22

Alternatively, check the file cache.
If it continues, you need to delete the registry entries manually

F
Frozn 12.05.22

[MayzeP_CTaLiHa] Checked the
cache of files, writes that everything is fine. If I download the game from another computer to mine and run the file cache, it finds 19 corrupted files (although everything is fine on the other computer), and starts downloading somewhere around 940mb and at the end of the download again my problem does not want to install.
Registry entries deleted through CCleaner and manually HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE Wow6432Node\Valve\. Deleted it too, nothing.

M
M3tZeller 12.05.22

Problem with Steam cache and temporary files. All this needs to be cleaned up. Google to the rescue

F
Frozn 12.05.22

M3tZeller
I even reinstalled Windows. Still, the CS is not installed. All games are downloaded and installed normally, but the COP doesn’t want to ... I’m already starting to bomb, I’m already killing for the third day, and I can’t do anything.

M
M3tZeller 12.05.22

Frozn
I can’t offer anything except Steam tech support, if you still manage to get through to them, they will probably help

F
Frozn 12.05.22

In general, if anyone suddenly encounters a similar problem, I found a solution. I did not believe until the last, but it turned out that the whole thing was in a broken bar of RAM. Ran through memtest, found a bunch of errors. Removed the bar, now everything works. True, I'm now sitting with 4GB of RAM ... instead of 8, but it works :(