3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22 12:24 am

Long war (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

Hello. I have a license with all DLS. So, how to put the mod on a license and (because there is a replacement of the original files) will there be problems with Steam and the account? Or is it still better to download a pirate for it?
13 Comments
Sort by:
D
Diablonos 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67
Problems will be:
a) in multiplayer
b) after checking the integrity of the cache.
All.

M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22

Well, I haven’t played Diablonos for a long time, and there are no updates for it. It's just that in the Steam agreement it is forbidden to change game files. Therefore, I'm more baked safe account from using this mod

D
Diablonos 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67
It's forbidden, of course it's forbidden, that's just russification, it's also like changing files, and as far as I can remember, no one has ever been banned for russification, say Sins of Solar Empire or Wolf amog Us. Yes, and only VAC (which not all games have) blocking, or an administrator / moderator (who has nothing else to do but check the game files of each of the 10 million users) can ban. So be calm. But there is a tiny possibility that the game will stupidly not start through Steam, it will be necessary to stupidly demolish everything and reinstall it.

M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22

Diablonos
well, cracks are allowed) these are localization files and they are not checked. But the game files themselves are checked. Or somehow in offline mode just run. pissing, there are about 3 hundred games on the account)

D
Diablonos 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67
Well, let's take smoke and fallout mods for example, half of which replace textures and scripts of the game itself, and not just Esm files that are activated in the launcher.

M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22

Diablonos
maybe you are right. By the way, have you tried it on a license?

D
Diablonos 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67
No, I only have enemy unknown, while long war needs enemy within, sort of.

S
SUSUL1 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67
In general, there is no prohibition on replacing files in Steam, if these changes do not lead to the interception of data in RAM (the so-called trainers) or the interception of user data and other information (that is, hacking and theft programs)
I somehow asked this question and could not find in the license agreement a direct prohibition on changing files

M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22

Thank you SUSUL1
. did not know

S
SUSUL1 12.05.22

Mr.Crabs67 The
main thing here is not to stick something superfluous with the mod in the form of a throne, which will do this. And so, textures, models and even language packs for personal use can be changed

v
vladver01 12.05.22

Don't worry, by the way, the mod only works on a license, the files to be replaced are easy to restore by checking the files in the incentive, by the way, there is a site on the Internet that deals with the Russian translation of this mod, if you are interested, I can give a link to it and to the mod itself on the nexus (as at least once a month the mod is corrected, improved)
r.s. I myself went through the game with this mod, the thing is awesome, worth it, it changes the original game very much

M
Mr.Crabs67 12.05.22

vladver01
I will be grateful) so tomorrow I put it and I'm not afraid))

v
vladver01 12.05.22

Dropped a lich in you.