3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Walter Lebowski 14.05.22 01:05 am

Out of range (black screen) in directx 9 mode [answered] (Metro: Last Light)

When I run it on dx10 everything is fine (there is no black screen), but on 10 there are lags with fire (some artifacts appear), so I found a solution on the forum that dx9 fixes the problem, but when I put r_api in user.cfg to 0 (aka dx9) at startup it gives "out of range" (almost all resolutions have been tried; starting from 800x600 to 1920x1200 ...) What should comrades do? :(
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kikicil 14.05.22

In my opinion, it's better to play with lags than not to play at all, and so - I think you shouldn't rename the file ...

W
Walter Lebowski 14.05.22

I did not rename the Kikicil
file. Yes, of course, if I don't do anything, I'll play like that)) I already went through it once and everything was fine, but now it's a shame somehow))
Sater
There is no square. If not an artifact, then what is ...
Spoiler

K
Kikicil 14.05.22

Do-vahkiin
And what's wrong here? If because of the fire, then there is simply not enough RAM. I went through the game 2 times with such lags. Over time you get used to it.

W
Walter Lebowski 14.05.22

Kikicil
))) RAM 8 gb - is it not enough to swear?? I only eat 1.5 gb maximum)) Windows 8.1)

Kikicil
Over time? I'm already fucked up)) Until the middle, probably ...

K
Kikicil 14.05.22

Do-vahkiin
Means addiction is bad... In principle, you can either increase virtual memory, or turn off those programs that eat too much RAM.

W
Walter Lebowski 14.05.22

Kikicil
Yazh said - everything is fine with the RAM. And logically, it is clear that the problem is in the graphics, and not in the need for RAM. In any case, thanks for the help.

W
Walter Lebowski 14.05.22

The problem was solved by replacing the repack with a regular one (not Redux).