3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wardanil 14.05.22 01:23 am

Fallout 3 GOTY stuck on Win 7 x32 (Fallout 3)

Due to the fact that I can not find any solution to this problem because almost all of them are related to Win 7 x64 and I have Win 7 x32 I ask this court question. I have a problem with Fallout 3 GOTY. During the game, after about 5-10 minutes in the game itself, it stops seeing the keyboard and mouse, because of this I can’t move, but the game itself goes on. No errors come up. Trying to use the popular .ini file solution doesn't make life any better.

Pirate game. I checked on many other repacks but life is a tricky thing and I realized that the problem is either in my PC or in the game itself.

My machine:
Win 7 Ultimate
32-bit operating system
2.00 GB of RAM (don't even ask why so little)
Processor - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz

Thanks in advance.
15 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 14.05.22

open the console and type EnablePlayerControls
This cheat allows you to move around during cutscenes, sometimes it helps with such problems. I had something like this with New Vegas, this cheat helped.

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

gmh4589
Unfortunately, it did not help. Because after the key freeze I can't open the console. I tried to write before freezing - it did not help either.

g
gmh4589 14.05.22

Wardanil
and the interface remains when it freezes or disappears?

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

gmh4589
Remains.

g
gmh4589 14.05.22

Wardanil
I don’t even know what else to advise, but most likely, the problem is in the computer
in principle, 2 gigabytes of opeatives and a pentium d, of course, all this is no longer ice, but for a game in 2008 it should be enough

S
STALKoYan 14.05.22

"The solution is very simple:
in the My DocumentsMy GamesFallout3
folder, the Fallout.ini file in it in the [General] section,
change 0 to 1 in the line
bUseThreadedAI=0
and add the line (it is not in this file at all)
iNumHWThreads=2
save and play."

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

STALKOYan
This only helps if the player has more than 2 GB of RAM. And I have 2 GB.

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

By the way. The game worked before. But I think I had Windows XP then.

z
zwweerr 14.05.22

Wardanil,
I seem to be in this version of Gamal and haven’t seen anything like that ...........
though I have XP, Athlone 6000+ 3.1 GHz, 3.25 GB of ddr2 RAM, video Palit n-vidia 1 GB, mouse and Klava wired and connected via usb ....))

S
STALKoYan 14.05.22

Wardanil
then check the swap file. By default, it is set automatically, for stability it should be specified manually. if there is free space in C, set twice as much as RAM.

A
ARTFL 14.05.22

Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

Only reinstalling Windows helped. I also installed 7, only a different assembly. It went without problems.

T
Troll123 14.05.22

is someone still sitting on x32? ... amazing

W
Wardanil 14.05.22

Troll123
Nothing surprising. In the world, millions and even more people are sitting on 32 bits. They just do not stick out in the Internet and do not quack about the fact that the system requirements are high and blah blah blah. And I'm not lucky with money, so I'm sitting with 2 gigs.

s
saa0891 14.05.22

Well, with two gigs, it's not surprising that it hangs, although it should rather fly out.
For seven 64 you need at least 4 gigabytes, and even that is not enough for today's games.