3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lolkek123pro 24.05.22 11:38 pm

Is there a virus on my PC or am I just paranoid?

In general, when I turn on the PC, the temperature of the video is 35 degrees, a couple of minutes pass without playing games and the temperature is already 45 degrees. Then another GPU frequency and the memory clock speed jumps for a second (in space). I checked with all possible antiviruses
and found nothing. And the computer also makes noise with 45 dB, I don’t know if this is normal or not
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 24.05.22

Most likely there is no virus. the video card can be engaged in acceleration of a desktop.
you can check specifically the loading of the gpu with the help of some msi afterburner. if in idle the load is comparable to games and the GPU operates at operating frequencies, a virus can be suspected.

L
Lolkek123pro 24.05.22

MunchkiN 616
Load and frequency vary. Maybe it's still in the animated wallpaper on the desktop?

D
Dr_Shtopor 24.05.22

CureIt is here to help, old-timers.

L
Lolkek123pro 24.05.22

Dr_Shtopor
I checked them, I didn't find anything

I
In_live 24.05.22

Well, cut down the wallpaper, see how it behaves without them, you don’t have any viruses.

G
GIBAY 24.05.22

Lolkek123pro
You can also download TDSkiller, I found a miner with it

S
Sweety_Mustard 24.05.22

Yes that's right.

T
TBo9I_KoPoJIeBa 24.05.22

I (the miner) had such a virus, I noticed it in the game, as the fps dipped, opened the task manager, the process immediately hid, that is, it was impossible to find, through GeForce Experience I discovered that the load on the video card was in idle. As a result, I scanned the system with regular Windows Defender, and he found it. If necessary, I can throw off the name (screen) of the threat itself.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 31.05.22

Yes, 45 degrees is probably not so much. Though I don't know if wallpaper can be considered "3D load". It's just that in 2D graphics, a video card can have a core frequency of 200 and a memory of 800.